Gimbal Shaking and Camera doesnt move down
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_1SnUkkyZjoGR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 311296 ft

United States

Hi. I had an accident with my Phantom 3 Advanced and the camera fell off and snapped the ribbon cable. I ordered a replcaement ribbon cable and fixed it but now the camera is shaky and the gimbal camera won't tilt down. I have gone through all the calibrations but it hasn't helped. Trying to see if there are any solutions instead of spending a lot of money on repair. Any feedback is welcome. I have attached a video as well showing the problem. Thank you!
2020-1-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. I will highly recommend you to contact our support team at DJI SUPPORT to open up a ticket case. We do have our professional team who will handle the unit and perform further analysis on it. A corresponding resolution will be provided once we receive the drone. Please note that DJI can only perform data analysis for units falling within the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2020-1-24
Use props
djiuser_1SnUkkyZjoGR
lvl.1

United States

As I stated I would like any possible solutions before paying money since it isn't in warranty.
2020-1-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I've read that it's important to replace the ribbon cable with OEM because the aftermarkets only work correctly about half the time.  Good luck
2020-1-25
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Did you have fun getting the cable wrapped around the camera?   They can be easily damaged.
2020-1-25
Use props
djiuser_1SnUkkyZjoGR
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-25 12:00
I've read that it's important to replace the ribbon cable with OEM because the aftermarkets only work correctly about half the time.  Good luck

They didnt have them available anymore, probably because they want me to send it in for them to up-charge me.
2020-1-26
Use props
djiuser_1SnUkkyZjoGR
lvl.1

United States

ALABAMA Posted at 1-25 14:07
Did you have fun getting the cable wrapped around the camera?   They can be easily damaged.

I think that could've been what happened. Are you talking about when you have to wrap it around twice after it exits the camera?
2020-1-26
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_1SnUkkyZjoGR Posted at 1-26 07:44
I think that could've been what happened. Are you talking about when you have to wrap it around twice after it exits the camera?

Yes, it can be very difficult to get it properly aligned .  Easy to dent and get twisted.
2020-1-26
Use props
djiuser_1SnUkkyZjoGR
lvl.1

United States

ALABAMA Posted at 1-26 11:04
Yes, it can be very difficult to get it properly aligned .  Easy to dent and get twisted.

any suggestions on what to do? There is a store that fixes cellphones near me but they also can do drones and have done them before. Should I try to see if they can do it? Thank you so much for your help you have been very helpful!
2020-1-26
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

I would suggest, since you already have done one, to get another and try again. I messed up a couple before getting the hang of it.  The place you are thinking about will probably rip you off.
2020-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules