Osmo Action hardwired?
7784 13 2020-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cyprys99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hello, my name is Martin and I'm new to this forum., I do not have any of the DJI toys but planning to get the Osmo Action Camera, for now, and have a question for this forum. My idea is to fit two Osmos to my motorbike for my next big adventure. Question is...Can I power the cameras from the bikes battery? Can it be hardwired so I wouldn't have to replace batteries? Thank you and good to be here. Martin, edinburgh

2020-1-25
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Martin buy a Power bank and power off that.
2020-1-25
Use props
cyprys99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

yeah, I've got that but you know...you need to charge the powerbank too there must be a way to do it tho. I've had a gopro hardwired and it worked sweet.
2020-1-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Answer is yes.  TO A PORT CHARGER, THAT A CELLPHONE HOOKS UP TO?.
2020-1-25
Use props
cyprys99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Not what I'm after I'm afraid. I'll get one and try this ....
2020-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Martin. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI Members who owns the DJI Osmo Action.  Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories to charge your DJI Osmo Action. There is a possibility that this charger will work, however, since it's not yet tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said charger when in use. Thank you for your support.
2020-1-25
Use props
cyprys99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thank you for the message. Is something like this planned by DJI? This would be great!
2020-1-25
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

The Action can be continuously charged and even used without its own battery.  You have to plug in a usb charging cable to the port on the camera.  Now I know nothing about tapping power from a motorcycle.

BUT it you have the usb door open, it would not be water/weather proof so you'd have to work around that to prevent leakage with the port open.
2020-1-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

As long as the voltage is converted, good luck.

2020-1-25
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

cyprys99 Posted at 1-25 05:31
yeah, I've got that but you know...you need to charge the powerbank too there must be a way to do it tho. I've had a gopro hardwired and it worked sweet.

Yeah sure, i get it, but i used a powerbank to power an osmo pocket for over 12 hours last June in oppressive heat, no issues. And recharged the powerbank when I slept. Its always an option if all else fails
2020-1-25
Use props
cyprys99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

12h is very good! Hiw big was your power bank?
2020-1-25
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

cyprys99 Posted at 1-25 11:19
12h is very good! Hiw big was your power bank?

The one I used is the ADATA P20000D Power Bank. Good enough to keep my osmo pocket shooting all day and topped up my mobile, so good enough for my needs.  

It can charge a smartphone 6 times and a laptop almost 2 times.
2020-1-25
Use props
cyprys99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 1-25 14:21
The one I used is the ADATA P20000D Power Bank. Good enough to keep my osmo pocket shooting all day and topped up my mobile, so good enough for my needs.  

It can charge a smartphone 6 times and a laptop almost 2 times.

excellent. I'm gonna run some tests. Thanks for all the help.
2020-1-26
Use props
djiuser_E3iB7A59Uv9t
New

Belgium

I use USB waterproof USB cable from Banggood ID: 1580588
2020-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules