Choppy video solution?
1771 11 2020-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Li0x9INlJfwY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2953153 ft
Ireland

Since flying my mini I e experienced almost constant choppy video stream on my phone screen which I attributed to WiFi interence with the RC connection. Despite living in a rural area with only a few houses around it would begin to glitch from only a few meters away.

I have a Moto G7 Power, and, while not the fastest phone out there it's definitely no slouch. As an experiment I turned off the cache saving video to phone. Today I flew around 10 minutes, max distance 200m (it was windy and didn't want to fly too far) The video feed was smooth as butter without a single flicker the entire time. A 100% improvement on what I was experiencing until now.

Just a thought for people with slower phones who might be mistaking glitchy video for poor connection.  
2020-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the mobile device ( Motorola G7 Power ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said drone and with the said application. There is a possibility that the Motorola G7 Power will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

2020-1-25
Use props
djiuser_Li0x9INlJfwY
lvl.4
Ireland

It works fine with drone actually. I have smooth video streaming as long as it is not saving video to the phones cache.
2020-1-25
Use props
Fly Away
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95459 ft
Bulgaria

djiuser_Li0x9INlJfwY Posted at 1-25 13:15
It works fine with drone actually. I have smooth video streaming as long as it is not saving video to the phones cache.

Hey, thanks for the "heads up" with your G7, I'm having the same issue with my new G7 Power which has 4GB ram, & it's even worse when I screen share with another device (older Samsung S7) We have swapped phones around putting the Samsung on the controller & it was perfect.
2020-1-29
Use props
Fly Away
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Fly Away Posted at 1-29 10:56
Hey, thanks for the "heads up" with your G7, I'm having the same issue with my new G7 Power which has 4GB ram, & it's even worse when I screen share with another device (older Samsung S7) We have swapped phones around putting the Samsung on the controller & it was perfect.

As an update to the Moto G7, I've found that the European version of the G7 doesn't support WiFi 5Ghz, only has 2.4Ghz. Also the transfer rate is limited to 150mbs. This could be the reason behind the choppy feed issue.
2020-1-30
Use props
djiuser_Li0x9INlJfwY
lvl.4
Ireland

Hmmm that's strange. On the DJI fly app I'm able to select 5.8ghz and it stays on it (I think)
2020-1-30
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 764623 ft
Slovenia

Choppy feed can be because of phone/sdcard slowness..

If your smartphone is not fast enough and the video cache is enabled, you get choppy video feed.
Try to disable cache (and subtitles).

Newest version 1.06 works better with video cache enabled - on my phone.
Older version had a choppy video issue, when cache was enabled.

Also - if you do a screenrecording on slow phone, you get choppy video feed too - even without recording!
2020-1-31
Use props
Fly Away
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Skrajnik Posted at 1-31 03:39
Choppy feed can be because of phone/sdcard slowness..

If your smartphone is not fast enough and the video cache is enabled, you get choppy video feed.

As an update to theMoto G7 issues I've now found that the Go fly ap will only load the main menu page & slecting anything else on the app causes it to crash & restart.
Connecting the drone causes it to repeatedly  crash & restart until you exit the app / disconnect the remote controller from the phone.
The only app menu I can get into is the album, if I repeatedly & quickly tap on the album button, usually I have to have 4 or 5 attempts at this to get in.  
My G7 is running an updated android v9  
2020-2-25
Use props
contarex
lvl.1

Italy

Hi, could you kindly let me know if the actual DJI Fly version works with the Motorola G7 Power (version 4/64, model XT1955-4)?

I was about to buy the Mavic Mini but I read about the various problems the app could have with this smartphone. I would like to avoid buying it and having to return it.

Thank you!
2020-6-20
Use props
contarex
lvl.1

Italy

EDIT, sorry message posted twice
2020-6-20
Use props
djiuser_Li0x9INlJfwY
lvl.4
Ireland

contarex Posted at 6-20 02:18
Hi, could you kindly let me know if the actual DJI Fly version works with the Motorola G7 Power (version 4/64, model XT1955-4)?

I was about to buy the Mavic Mini but I read about the various problems the app could have with this smartphone. I would like to avoid buying it and having to return it.

I haven't had any further issues with the app on my G7 Power. Once cache was disabled it's performed very well.
2020-6-20
Use props
contarex
lvl.1

Italy

djiuser_Li0x9INlJfwY Posted at 6-20 03:14
I haven't had any further issues with the app on my G7 Power. Once cache was disabled it's performed very well.

Many thanks for the info!
Have a nice weekend
2020-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules