Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
F L Y • A W A Y
4556 43 2015-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
carminepettinic
lvl.1

United States

firmware  downgrade
2015-10-17
Use props
iceman58
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9016 ft
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-13 22:05
If you can see it at that range (as per FAA) then you have some great eyes!

My car speedometer goe ...

Ok Droneflyers read the OPs original post, he did not say he was flying over water he said it went down in the water after it flew away. To many people here make assumptions and not take time to read the post. That being said I, like you do not intentionally fly over water but that doesn't mean that if I've lost control that the aircraft won't then fly over it or in this case into it. Unless you live in a desert you have a good chance at flying over a body of water.
2015-10-17
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-12 16:00
If you fly over water you will lose your Phantom to the water - very large chance of that!

Could yo ...

Don't spread lies and misinformation.

Flying over water? Seriously? You are too funny.

Yes... water is a magnet for drones.... ha ha...
2015-10-17
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

brycerichert Posted at 2015-10-18 03:20
Don't spread lies and misinformation.

Flying over water? Seriously? You are too funny.

Let me try a comparison. You faint while walking through a field. What happens? Very likely you are all OK and wake up after some time.
You faint while on a paddleboard. Very likely that you breathe in water and expire.

Funny? I guess common sense is humorous these days! Even airlines have long ago accepted the fact that flying over water requires a vastly better craft.....engineered to still be able to fly AWAY FROM THE WATER far enough to safely land. Look it up.

Let me put it in a way even you are likely to understand. Toys which are dependent on $10 motors and vast amounts of other inexpensive electronics will ALWAYS have unscheduled landings (crashes). When those are over land there is a very good chance of retrieving your craft...often in decent shape.

When they happen over water it is very much less likely.

Even DJI's #1 head of aerial imaging claims that every contact of his who flies over water regularly has lost quadcopters to the seas. I can give you his contact info if you want to recite your "facts" directly to him.

Again, you may find that to be a joke but the poor guy who borrowed money on his cc to pay for his valuable bird does not.
2015-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules