OTG cable for DJI Spark?
1289 12 2020-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Teen Mike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84662 ft
Finland

I have been flying a year now, and max distance I have reached has been 300 meters (984 feets) until I get notifications ''Aircraft disconnected'', ''Signal lost'' . If I buy an OTG cable (micro usb to Usb Type C), and connect it from my controller to my phone (Huawei P20 Lite) can I see the camera's live footage from further?

I live in Finland.
2020-1-26
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Yes ! You still seeing.
2020-1-26
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Definitively, yes. I only fly with the OTG cable!
2020-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Teen Mike. Thank you for the inquiry and for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots who are using the OTG when flying there DJI Spark.  In addition the OTG cable allows USB devices, such as tablets or smartphones, to act as a host, allowing other USB devices, such as USB flash drives, digital cameras, mice or keyboards, to be attached to them. For additional reference, I will be providing you an official DJI link where you can get additional information about the DJI Goggles Micro USB OTG Cable ( https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... t-v2&position=0 ). Thank you.
2020-1-26
Use props
fans279a98ca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 750787 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve used an OTG cable before and there’s a marginal increase in the distance you get out of the Spark. Not really enough to justify taking it out each time and taking the bother to hook it up. I just fly using the normal WIFI connection now, much handier.
2020-1-26
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi Mike,

Please check out drone flying rules in your country. Recreational drone pilots need to keep their drone in VLOS (visible line of sight) at all times. A drone as tiny as the Spark, I wouldn't see it 300m away.
Please obey to the rules. We had enough bad publicity by the media.

Besides that, I'd recommend using a USB OTG cable. It can give you a lot lower video latency (delay time), which is a good thing. It all depends on your phone model too.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2020-1-28
Use props
Teen Mike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84662 ft
Finland

Wolferl Posted at 1-28 05:31
Hi Mike,

Please check out drone flying rules in your country. Recreational drone pilots need to keep their drone in VLOS (visible line of sight) at all times. A drone as tiny as the Spark, I wouldn't see it 300m away.

In Finland, you should be able to get up To 500 meters away and still see the image. Usually I get "Image transmission signal lost" notification. I hope that OTG cable helps, because IM going To buy it from Amazon
2020-1-28
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

Teen Mike Posted at 1-28 05:40
In Finland, you should be able to get up To 500 meters away and still see the image. Usually I get "Image transmission signal lost" notification. I hope that OTG cable helps, because IM going To buy it from Amazon

Hi Mike,

Yes, may be, but THE PILOT must be able to see and judge the movements of the drone WITHOUT use of any gear (goggles, binoculars...) except regular glasses. You cannot do that 300m or more away, even with 20/20 eyesight.

Just my thought...
Wolferl
2020-1-29
Use props
Slick1215
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239091 ft
United States

I just flew my spark a couple of days ago, total flight distance was over 3100 feet, of which one way to see a sunken boat was over 1,000 feet distance. I always fly with OTG and the extender antennaes...
2020-1-29
Use props
armandofru
lvl.1

Mexico

yes i have one from aliexpress and works very good
2020-1-29
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

Wolferl Posted at 1-29 01:57
Hi Mike,

Yes, may be, but THE PILOT must be able to see and judge the movements of the drone WITHOUT use of any gear (goggles, binoculars...) except regular glasses. You cannot do that 300m or more away, even with 20/20 eyesight.

Line of sight flying is not law in all countries. Maybe you should join the drone police.
2020-2-11
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

Stinger1 Posted at 2-11 19:02
Line of sight flying is not law in all countries. Maybe you should join the drone police.

Sorry, but you comment is pointless.

Mike wrote he is at home in Finland, so VLOS is the law for him (and for me too).
I have seen too many drone "pilots" who have absolutely no idea that there are rules to obey.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2020-2-12
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

My point is we are all adults and we do not need you to tell us the rules. I doubt any adult drone pilot thinks that there are no rules and it is their responsibility to learn them.
2020-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules