MM RC unexpectedly cannot connect with Mobile at all
2989 15 2020-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ex parte
lvl.2
Flight distance : 750226 ft
Malaysia

Already took the MM out for flights more than 23 times.. RC was connecting with the mobile (iPhone XS) and AC without any issues each flight. As far as I know, the RC is on the latest firmware (last updated late Dec 2019). This morning took out the MM for an early morning flight, the RC refuse/wont/failed to connect with the mobile. Tried the usual exercise of restarting the phone, the RC, clearing chache memory, uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Fly app... all to no avail...
I thought maybe the MM RC lightning connecting cable was causing the problem... so took out my spare andorid mobile, installed DJI Fly app, plug in the micro MM micro RC cable for andorid... and it was also not connecting with the andorid mobile at all...

Third try to fix the issue was to update or refresh the RC software via DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic... same result no connection to PC. Tried using the same cable for the AC (perhaps cable issue) AC was connected to the DJI Assistant 2 without any issue. Tried connecting with RC using the same cable, zero result, vice versa again, AC connected with DJI Assisstant 2 nicely without any issue.

Last filght was on 18 January 2020 and all was well until this morning..   

So, any thoughts on this non-connection issue? or take it up with DJI for a new RC?

Cheers.

2020-1-26
Use props
Mell
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635922 ft
Estonia

Check the RC connector itself. there inside a thin dongle. Maybe that is broken?

2020-1-26
Use props
Ex parte
lvl.2
Malaysia

Mell Posted at 1-26 08:13
Check the RC connector itself. there inside a thin dongle. Maybe that is broken?

I don’t think there is anything wrong with micro USB port. In any event, from the last flight on 18 Jan 2020 I did not charge the RC at all having at least 85% charge on the RC. Here a pic of the port.. all seems fine to me... Anyways, I was always quite careful when charging the RC, ever only gently inserting the usb charging cable into the port and making sure that it is on the right end.

2020-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ex parte. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried to charge your DJI Mavic Mini remote controller and see if it will take in charge? Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.
2020-1-26
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Ex parte Posted at 1-26 09:02
I don’t think there is anything wrong with micro USB port. In any event, from the last flight on 18 Jan 2020 I did not charge the RC at all having at least 85% charge on the RC. Here a pic of the port.. all seems fine to me... Anyways, I was always quite careful when charging the RC, ever only gently inserting the usb charging cable into the port and making sure that it is on the right end. [view_image]

Does look Ok to me.
So the USB connector in the RC does nothing at all, no APP recognition, no DJI assistant 2 etc.
Did you see if connecting the RC to PC does show something in device manager?
Does moving the USB connector at the RC input shows anything?
Hope you get it sorted asap.
2020-1-26
Use props
Ex parte
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-26 10:58
Hello and good day Ex parte. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried to charge your DJI Mavic Mini remote controller and see if it will take in charge? Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.

Thanks DJI Stephen. Yes, the RC will charge, all 4 lights blinks as usual.
2020-1-26
Use props
Ex parte
lvl.2
Malaysia

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-26 11:16
Does look Ok to me.
So the USB connector in the RC does nothing at all, no APP recognition, no DJI assistant 2 etc.
Did you see if connecting the RC to PC does show something in device manager?

Yes, nothing except for charging.

Did you see if connecting the RC to PC does show something in device manager?PC device manager shows nothing

Does moving the USB connector at the RC input shows anything
Moved it many times, zero result.

2020-1-26
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ex parte Posted at 1-26 18:36
Yes, nothing except for charging.

Have you checked if your phone is in USB restricted mode

Settings \ Face ID (or Touch ID) \ USB Accessories.

For the RC to PC connection issue, I'd try installing the DJI Flight simulator and then running it's driver install application

https://www.dji.com/au/downloads ... p2ebF8aAhdXEALw_wcB

In the FS application folder on the C drive   C:/program files (x86)/ DJI Flight Simulator  run the driver application  dji_usb_5512_64_108
2020-1-26
Use props
Ex parte
lvl.2
Malaysia

lannes Posted at 1-26 18:55
Have you checked if your phone is in USB restricted mode

Settings \ Face ID (or Touch ID) \ USB Accessories.

Thanks lannes. Yup done that, toggle on and off several times on the USB accessories, zero results. No connection.
2020-1-26
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Ex parte Posted at 1-26 19:02
Thanks lannes. Yup done that, toggle on and off several times on the USB accessories, zero results. No connection.

When your saying it is "not connecting to the mobile"

Does this mean you can run the DJI Fly app on the Iphone but there is no camera feed from the drone ?
Do you see the telemetry from the drone in DJI Fly ? e.g battery level, gps number, signal strength etc. ?

Does your RC connect to the AC, without the phone connected can you control the camera gimbal by the rocker switch on the RC ?

2020-1-26
Use props
Ex parte
lvl.2
Malaysia

lannes Posted at 1-26 19:30
When your saying it is "not connecting to the mobile"

Does this mean you can run the DJI Fly app on the Iphone but there is no camera feed from the drone ?

Hi, this is what i see,
2020-1-26
Use props
Ex parte
lvl.2
Malaysia

Just to add that it  also appears that the RC is not connecting or wont connect to the AC.
2020-1-26
Use props
Ex parte
lvl.2
Malaysia

Ex parte Posted at 1-26 19:02

For the RC to PC connection issue, I'd try installing the DJI Flight simulator and then running it's driver install application
[color]
Thanks lannes.. did as suggested... zero result, no connection to PC
2020-1-26
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Ex parte Posted at 1-26 20:07

Thanks lannes.. did as suggested... zero result, no connection to PC

It looks like a complete failure of the RC if it doesn't control the gimbal on the AC  as well ?
2020-1-26
Use props
Ex parte
lvl.2
Malaysia

lannes Posted at 1-26 20:27
It looks like a complete failure of the RC if it doesn't control the gimbal on the AC  as well ?

Yes. Can’t connect to AC at all. Time to visit my local DJI service Centre for warranty...?
2020-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Ex parte Posted at 1-26 18:28
Thanks DJI Stephen. Yes, the RC will charge, all 4 lights blinks as usual.

You are very much welcome Ex parte and thank you for the additional information you have shared with us. Upon reading this thread. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket for the said remote controller at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Thank for your support.
2020-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules