Spark down ! Crashed Spark into a creek, and it survived !!
1153 5 2020-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aylok
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19436 ft
Australia

Here's a short testimony to the great quality and build of dji products.

I was racing my dji Spark just on dusk after an Australia day beer or two and it clipped a tree right above a creek plungging into the water.

In despair I raced down to retrieve the upside down fully submerged Spark from the bank with all four red lights still glowing brightly from under water : (

Since we were camping all I could do was shake out the water and then wait 1 day until I returned home to put the Drone and battery into a bag of sillica gel overnight.

The next morning I eagerly set it up and attentively pressed the power button, my liitle Spark flew off into the sky no problem !

This is a credit to dji proving the true quality of thier gear, glad I went with a dji Spark !

2020-1-26
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Silica gel is the best thing! Good for you.
2020-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Aylok. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience with your DJI Spark. The DJI Spark is really a tough consumer drone. Again thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.
2020-1-26
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi Aylok,

You were really lucky! While the silica thing was better than that rice bag crap advertised everywhere on the internet, it does not really help.
Silica binds water vapour, it does NOT remove fluid water that may have been trapped in between electronic chips and PCB or in connector foils.

Put the bird on a warm heating for several days (battery removed of course), just to be on the safe side!

Happy flying!
Wolferl
2020-1-27
Use props
el_Luna
lvl.1

United States

The story like that was my nightmare. Thanks for sharing I had Spark in 2018.   
2020-1-30
Use props
Aylok
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19436 ft
Australia

Hi all and thanks for the replies, just an update that my Spark was fine up until tonight with a beer in the hand I managed to fly straight to the only puddle and clip a tree and flip into it. Back on the silica gel and a quick buff. Moral of the story don't fly on dusk and don't drink and fly, you need both hands !
2020-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules