Overheating processor chip
933 5 2020-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans87150f1d
lvl.1

Australia

Hello, I have had my mavic air for about 13 months, I have started getting a message saying the processor chip is critically overheated.
When I first turn it all on it is fine and if I just take off I can fly, but as soon as I land I get the message, even if I power it up and then power off, when I power it up a second time I get the message, then if I totally turn the drone or the controller off, I get a message saying main controller error, and when I click the error it tells me there is a barometer error, is this common, is this repairable?
My refresh expired about two weeks ago

2020-1-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered.  Please kindly contact our support at the link below to open a case and send the drone in for a diagnosis.
http://www.dji.com/support
We'll do our best to help this out.
2020-1-26
Use props
fans87150f1d
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-26 19:46
Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered.  Please kindly contact our support at the link below to open a case and send the drone in for a diagnosis.
http://www.dji.com/support
We'll do our best to help this out.

I assume that this will cost money?
2020-1-26
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah your drones faulty, if your lucky it's just your fan that needs replacing, if your unlucky it's your main-board. While it's not impossible for other things to be faulty it's unlikely, it's more likely that your fan is faulty so your main-board is over heating, this is giving you the barometer and main controller data errors because your drone can't take the heat without cooling. If your drone was in warranty you could return it to DJI for a fix, if not you can try replacing the fan, this is pretty cheap and easy to do if you know what your doing. Like i said hopefully your lucky and it's only your fan that's the problem.
2020-1-27
Use props
fans87150f1d
lvl.1

Australia

Ben Mason Posted at 1-27 00:26
Yeah your drones faulty, if your lucky it's just your fan that needs replacing, if your unlucky it's your main-board. While it's not impossible for other things to be faulty it's unlikely, it's more likely that your fan is faulty so your main-board is over heating, this is giving you the barometer and main controller data errors because your drone can't take the heat without cooling. If your drone was in warranty you could return it to DJI for a fix, if not you can try replacing the fan, this is pretty cheap and easy to do if you know what your doing. Like i said hopefully your lucky and it's only your fan that's the problem.

I have removed the cover and cleaned the fan the drone works fine now,
Thank you
2020-1-31
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans87150f1d Posted at 1-31 03:52
I have removed the cover and cleaned the fan the drone works fine now,
Thank you

No problem, thankfully it was an easy & quick fix.
2020-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules