Limiting M2P maximum speed
4283 22 2020-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans570896c1
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

When performing complex manoeuvres involving multiple axes, it’s impossible to consistently and smoothly accelerate the M2P at any speed but maximum; i.e., holding the joystick to the metal.

I need something faster than Tripod mode but slower than Position mode: something like the Mavic Mini’s cinematic mode.

Tap to Fly is not an option for multi-axis manoeuvres or, e.g., when the gimbal is facing 90 degrees straight toward the ground.

Surely this is something DJI can introduce in a firmware update.

Has anyone else found a need for this feature?
2020-1-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you considered using waypoints?
2020-1-27
Use props
fans570896c1
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 1-27 02:31
Have you considered using waypoints?
Yeah, I find waypoints doesn’t have a smooth yaw movement when focusing on a point of interest.

Do you use waypoints?
2020-1-27
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I haven't messed with it but couldn't you alter Gain&Expo Tuning ? Also the M2P does have cinematic mode in intelligent flight modes, and in the options you can tune brake and yaw.
2020-1-27
Use props
fans570896c1
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Ben Mason Posted at 1-27 03:50
I haven't messed with it but couldn't you alter Gain&Expo Tuning ? Also the M2P does have cinematic mode in intelligent flight modes, and in the options you can tune brake and yaw.

Cinematic mode has a slower rate of acceleration, but still the same top speed.

What do you know about gain and expo?
2020-1-27
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans570896c1 Posted at 1-27 04:00
Cinematic mode has a slower rate of acceleration, but still the same top speed.

What do you know about gain and expo?

Like i said, i haven't used it. I always assumed it was for adjusting and tuning the drone when less or more weight was added, so i have never messed with it. I'd be very careful if you intend to try it, as far as i am aware though you can only adjust +/-20% so the changes shouldn't be too extreme, i believe if you have the developer software you can do +/-500% adjustments, why you would want that i don't know.

How I imagine it in my head is that it makes your controls less or more sensitive, so if you set +20% a 10/100 stick motion would be 12/100 or something along those lines. Again though i'm just speculating, it might be better to wait for more information from other community members, or be very careful when trying it yourself.

I wonder if a 3D print solution of some kind could help, like some sort of joystick stopper that prevents u from moving the stick beyond 70% but would keep you at a steady 70%, would be interesting to see if this already exists.
2020-1-27
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you set the Tripod speed to 100 on everything, isn't that the same speed as Position mode?

If you set everything to 25% less than it's max then it should be less speed.

2020-1-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans570896c1 Posted at 1-27 03:35
Yeah, I find waypoints doesn’t have a smooth yaw movement when focusing on a point of interest.

Do you use waypoints?

Not very often,  Im planning a flight to do an Apple style screen saver like they put on Apple TV,  where the drone flys slowly looking down.  I calculated that I need to fly in a very straight line, probably with a cross wind at 8mph for just over 1 mile to get everything I want to capture. Currently practising flying at 8mph consistently and it's not that easy.
2020-1-27
Use props
fans570896c1
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 1-27 04:44
If you set the Tripod speed to 100 on everything, isn't that the same speed as Position mode?

If you set everything to 25% less than it's max then it should be less speed.

This sounds promising, but I’m not sure what you’re referring to. Care to elaborate?
2020-1-27
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Expo guide, I don't believe you can limit the speed of the M2p, but you can change the stick response so that the acceleration to top speed is right at the end of the full stick travel

http://fromwhereidrone.com/drone ... er-movements-guide/
2020-1-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing your insights with regards to this matter and for sharing these information with us. These information will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you for your support.
2020-1-27
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans570896c1 Posted at 1-27 05:10
This sounds promising, but I’m not sure what you’re referring to. Care to elaborate?

You can change the max speeds of V.S, H.S, and Yaw when in Tripod mode.
2020-1-27
Use props
fans570896c1
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Ben Mason Posted at 1-27 04:36
Like i said, i haven't used it. I always assumed it was for adjusting and tuning the drone when less or more weight was added, so i have never messed with it. I'd be very careful if you intend to try it, as far as i am aware though you can only adjust +/-20% so the changes shouldn't be too extreme, i believe if you have the developer software you can do +/-500% adjustments, why you would want that i don't know.

How I imagine it in my head is that it makes your controls less or more sensitive, so if you set +20% a 10/100 stick motion would be 12/100 or something along those lines. Again though i'm just speculating, it might be better to wait for more information from other community members, or be very careful when trying it yourself.

The control sensitivity changes the response curve between zero and maximum, but the maximum stays the same.

Not sure about ‘gain’ though: that sounds like it should work. I’ll research it today.
2020-1-27
Use props
fans570896c1
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 1-27 13:01
You can change the max speeds of V.S, H.S, and Yaw when in Tripod mode.

Awesome if true! Where might I find those settings?
2020-1-27
Use props
fans570896c1
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-27 11:07
Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing your insights with regards to this matter and for sharing these information with us. These information will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you for your support.

Thanks Stephen. Would be amazing if a simple ‘limit maximum speed’ was added.

Even better, if you can increase the maximum speed in Tripod mode or decrease maximum speed in Cinematic mode.
2020-1-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans570896c1 Posted at 1-27 15:48
Thanks Stephen. Would be amazing if a simple ‘limit maximum speed’ was added.

Even better, if you can increase the maximum speed in Tripod mode or decrease maximum speed in Cinematic mode.

You are very much welcome and thank you for the additional information you have shared with us. Rest assure that these information will be forwarded as well. Again thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-27
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans570896c1 Posted at 1-27 14:52
Awesome if true! Where might I find those settings?

It's when you are in tripod mode, they are somewhere on the screen if not you have to click to show them as they are hidden.
2020-1-27
Use props
Snoopybris
lvl.4
Flight distance : 457343 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What is Tripod Mode?
2020-2-2
Use props
Snoopybris
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 1-27 18:04
It's when you are in tripod mode, they are somewhere on the screen if not you have to click to show them as they are hidden.

Do you know where it is hidden?
2020-2-2
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Snoopybris Posted at 2-2 12:37
Do you know where it is hidden?

It's on the screen somewhere to adjust HS, VS, and Yaw.  If you set everything to 100 it's like Normal mode?  I should use this mode more often as you get the side OA but if I'm using Tripod mode I'm flying tight and need it to be slow.  it would be nice if they could add at least 2 custom presets.
2020-2-2
Use props
Snoopybris
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 2-2 21:50
It's on the screen somewhere to adjust HS, VS, and Yaw.  If you set everything to 100 it's like Normal mode?  I should use this mode more often as you get the side OA but if I'm using Tripod mode I'm flying tight and need it to be slow.  it would be nice if they could add at least 2 custom presets.

thanks for the info
2020-2-3
Use props
Journey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178806 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why don't you just use tap to fly? You can set the speed that you want and the drone will continue at it for as long as you want.
2020-5-31
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the above doesn't work what about removable physical travel limiters on the relevant Joystick?
2020-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules