Why no ActiveTrack? :-(
4701 56 2020-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SveinDJI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1273379 ft
Norway

Flying right on the side of fast traffic, sorry but this is just a accident waiting to happen... This is the reason drones get more and more restricted in use...
2020-1-29
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

SveinDJI Posted at 1-29 02:22
Flying right on the side of fast traffic, sorry but this is just a accident waiting to happen... This is the reason drones get more and more restricted in use...

I am very experienced "AT flyer". I know exactly how the drone behaves, so all the risk was really well calculated. On top of that, the "lit up" phone with a big X (stop) button was easily accessible on the bicycle´s handlebar. And, actually, just one shot was made on highway shoulder, in all the others the drone was offside away from road.
2020-1-29
Use props
MB Dronie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44970 ft

Portugal

Adriano Araujo Posted at 1-28 03:07
I use AT a lot, to register my "adventures". Can consider myself an "AT Expert".

"Also to use AT like in these video looks very boring"

Adriano, seu video está muito bom. O problema nestes fórums da DJI é que os gringos são todos fan boys e gostam de ser moralmente superiores, tudo o que você diga ou faça vai ter sempre otário falando mal. Parabéns novamente pelo video e concordo consigo, devia ter Active Track, sem isso é só uma câmera voadora e de má qualidade na realidade, sem possibilidade de afinar manualmente o nível do white balance. Uma bosta. Estou arrependido de ter comprado e já coloquei o meu à venda. Vou buscar um Air usado provavelmente. Um abraço.
2020-1-29
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

Adriano Araujo Posted at 1-27 12:29
Really thank you for your concern.

Life is not easy. It´s about to do things and take the risk. I *LOVE* to ride my roadbikeon  highway shoulders, and I am aware of the risks it brings. ... And I don´t do it as often as I would like due to that risks.

It's not about the risk to you, it's about the risk to others. If you want to risk your life, have at it but if you do something risky that causes me harm or that causes you to fall of your bike in front of me, I'm the one that has to live with running over you even though it wasn't my fault.

2020-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

WrongWay Feldman Posted at 1-29 10:29
It's not about the risk to you, it's about the risk to others. If you want to risk your life, have at it but if you do something risky that causes me harm or that causes you to fall of your bike in front of me, I'm the one that has to live with running over you even though it wasn't my fault.

Drone owners are very special, first keep themselves safe then the drone anything after that kept safe is a bonus , lol ;+)::::::
2020-1-29
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Adriano Araujo Posted at 1-29 03:19
I am very experienced "AT flyer". I know exactly how the drone behaves, so all the risk was really well calculated. On top of that, the "lit up" phone with a big X (stop) button was easily accessible on the bicycle´s handlebar. And, actually, just one shot was made on highway shoulder, in all the others the drone was offside away from road.

But you can't say "I'm an experienced AT pilot", you have to consider possible technical errors. No matter how experienced you are, what if the drone goes crazy or your smartphone / app crashes?

If it has to be AT on a racing bike, it is better not on busy streets. More like in this video with a beautiful landscape, which is certainly more entertaining than just seeing road traffic :-) but the Mini is definitely the wrong choice.

2020-1-29
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

MB Dronie Posted at 1-29 09:57
Adriano, seu video está muito bom. O problema nestes fórums da DJI é que os gringos são todos fan boys e gostam de ser moralmente superiores, tudo o que você diga ou faça vai ter sempre otário falando mal. Parabéns novamente pelo video e concordo consigo, devia ter Active Track, sem isso é só uma câmera voadora e de má qualidade na realidade, sem possibilidade de afinar manualmente o nível do white balance. Uma bosta. Estou arrependido de ter comprado e já coloquei o meu à venda. Vou buscar um Air usado provavelmente. Um abraço.

Eu tenho um Air. Cara, é um "avião" (Desculpa o trocadilho, rsrsrs).

Uso o Spark em situações mais arriscadas, se der m**, o prejuízo é menor ;-)

Abraços.
2020-1-29
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

It's not about the risk to you, it's about the risk to others. If you want to risk your life, have at it but if you do something risky that causes me harm or that causes you to fall of your bike in front of me, I'm the one that has to live with running over you even though it wasn't my fault.

You are tottaly right.

But, as I said before, here in Brazil is very common (and alowed by law) to ride bicycles on freeways. On top of that, wich is risky by it´s nature, I don´t see/feel/understand that a drone in full autonomous flight coud put me in more risk. There is, of course, the low risk of drone going crazy and hiting a car, I must admit.
2020-1-29
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

And mate, tell me, did you never drink one or two beers and drove back home? You was putting others in risk as well.
2020-1-29
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 1-29 11:29
Drone owners are very special, first keep themselves safe then the drone anything after that kept safe is a bonus , lol ;+)::::::

I would say drone, then themselves... LOL... ;-)
2020-1-29
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
United States

Adriano Araujo Posted at 1-29 12:27
And mate, tell me, did you never drink one or two beers and drove back home? You was putting others in risk as well.

In my youth when I was an alcoholic making bad decisions and close to death, sure, but not in the last 35 years because I do not drink. And I have very little paitence for anyone that does drink and drive.

As far as other risky behavior, I really don't do stuff that might kill or injure someone else.

Sorry.
2020-1-29
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
United States

Adriano Araujo Posted at 1-29 12:25
You are tottaly right.

But, as I said before, here in Brazil is very common (and alowed by law) to ride bicycles on freeways. On top of that, wich is risky by it´s nature, I don´t see/feel/understand that a drone in full autonomous flight coud put me in more risk. There is, of course, the low risk of drone going crazy and hiting a car, I must admit.

You're missing the point.

As I said, it's not about you, it's about the risk of your drone hitting a car and causing a driver to lose control. Or the risk of your drone distracting you just enough to swerve into traffic causing a driver to hit you.

It's not about you getting hit, it's about the trauma you would cause someone if they hit you even if it were your fault.

I once hit a ten year old kid who road his bike into traffic. I can tell you the sound and the vision of that kid hitting the front of my car and then bouncing over the car is something I'll never forget. The boy lived but he ended up in the hospital. It's a horrible memory.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with you riding your bike on the highway as long as you have 100% attention to what you're doing.

I run along a 55+ mph highway, I take my life into my own hands each time I do it. I need 100% awareness of those vehicles approaching me. I do not need to worrying about a drone at the same time.
2020-1-29
Use props
MB Dronie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44970 ft

Portugal

Adriano Araujo Posted at 1-29 12:18
Eu tenho um Air. Cara, é um "avião" (Desculpa o trocadilho, rsrsrs).

Uso o Spark em situações mais arriscadas, se der m**, o prejuízo é menor ;-)

Sim, sim, está muito bem pensado
2020-1-29
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

RePrEsEnT Posted at 1-27 07:46
And that's the main reason i hate cyclers big time: using highway and in your case plus flying drone? are u serrious???  
NO COMMENT!

I am a cyclist, and a fellow rider on the road with a drone in an active track mode is the lest of  my worries (distracted drivers hurling at you with tons of steel & plastic, for divers who will tag your elbow with their mirror & just don't care about a cyclist's ride to the road (in the US parts of most highway are legal,,, in some western states, in even Interstates).

Alas, active in beyond the Mini's envelope!

SHARE THE ROAD!  It's the law in many States.
2020-1-29
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

2020-1-29
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer