Mavic Pro - Blurry Camera - No SD Card Issue
1647 7 2020-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seafurymike
lvl.1
Australia

Again I hit an issue when i fired up my Mavic Pro. Seems every time i want to go for a fly the unit throws an issue that stop me flying. Quite an expensive brick........

This time the unit decided that it would make the "camera blurry" and show "No SD Card" as a combination.
In short, I tried all the things I had read on other posts;
- Replace SD card with brand new UHS-1 Toshiba
- Format the SD card in my Macbook as eXFAT
- Re-install the software (was already at the latest version 1.05.06)
- Factory reset the craft
- factory reset the camera settings

None of the above items worked for me - spend a lot of time reading and trying to implement these fixes.
So i decided to downgrade the software to 1.04.04 which was on offer in the "DJI Assistant 2" software. ****This fixed my issue****

Just putting this this thread on the interwebs for others as there is a multitude of items discussing how they fixed their issue, but I had not come across downgrading the image to fix a problem. Hope it helps someone in the future.

I have not upgraded the Mavic to the latest version to see if the problem re-instates itself or the downgrade prosess fixed the issue permanetly. Will update the thread later with my finding, but I want DJI to agree to provide proper support via engineering before I start to make any changes to the Mavic that may put it back into an inoperable state.

Whether DJI fix this issue - I don't know! From my correspondence with them so far, i don't get the feeling they identify this as a bug (which it is BTW!!!).

Happy flying
2020-1-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You should always format the SD card in the aircraft using the facility in camera settings of the DJI Go app., not in an external computer. And the Toshiba card may not be fast enough.
2020-1-27
Use props
seafurymike
lvl.1
Australia

Geebax Posted at 1-27 18:07
You should always format the SD card in the aircraft using the facility in camera settings of the DJI Go app., not in an external computer. And the Toshiba card may not be fast enough.

>>You should always format the SD card in the aircraft using the facility in camera settings of the DJI Go app., not in an external computer.

# I don't see any benefit other than ease when the SD card is inserted into the drone - eXFAT is a ratified industry format and is supported by all major vendors. The drone appends a directory system as part of the writing process which is done automajically. Plus, in my case, the drone didn't see the SD card so trying to format it in the drone was not an option.

>>And the Toshiba card may not be fast enough.

# According to the following DJI product spec link, the maximum video rate supported is 60Mbps and the Toshiba packaging states it supports up to 80Mbps. Plenty of overhead.
https://www.dji.com/mavic/info
2020-1-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

seafurymike Posted at 1-27 19:47
>>You should always format the SD card in the aircraft using the facility in camera settings of the DJI Go app., not in an external computer.

# I don't see any benefit other than ease when the SD card is inserted into the drone - eXFAT is a ratified industry format and is supported by all major vendors. The drone appends a directory system as part of the writing process which is done automajically. Plus, in my case, the drone didn't see the SD card so trying to format it in the drone was not an option.

Half the people on here would not know what format scheme to choose when formatting the card, but the drone itself always knows exactly which one to choose.

20 Mbps is hardly 'plenty'. And they always quote the maximum rate, the sustained rate can often be a lot lower. The sustained transfer rate is the most important parameter.

"but I want DJI to agree to provide proper support via engineering before I start to make any changes to the Mavic that may put it back into an inoperable state."

To quote The Castle, tell him he's dreaming. 'Engineering' never come on this forum, all you get are the moderators who are not in the least technical and cannot offe any technical advice. You will get better and more accurate advice from the members.

2020-1-27
Use props
Beel
lvl.1

United States

THANK YOU!  I was pulling my hair out over this for days!  I bought an open box Mavic Pro that was brand new from 2017 and did all the firmware updates only to run into this problem.  I find it very odd I would have to downgrade to an earlier firmware for a drone that is basically brand spanking new.  I asked some youtubers who own this drone if they had similar problems but they all seemed to be working fine with the latest 1.04.05 firmware.
2023-8-12
Use props
Beel
lvl.1

United States

UPDATE****

So I did what OP suggested but that only worked for a day before it returned to the same issue with the SD Card not reading and Camera not focusing.  I attempted every firmware update with the unit and controller with no solution.  I formatted multiple SD cards with the Mavic Pro, with my computer adapter, with another camera, etc. also no fix.  Tried new cables, new battery, new devices both Android and Iphone.... nothing.  This led me to determine it HAS to be a hardware issue on the main board.  Bought a crashed unit on ebay for 100 bucks.  Swapped over my arms and Camera to that unit and my "new" Mavic is flying flawlessly!   I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the heck was wrong with this thing.  IF you are having this issue it IS your Circuit Board.  Hope this helps someone and saves them the frustration.
2023-10-1
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm sat here looking at all my UHS-3 cards, knowing that I've not had any issues with them in YEARS. Until OP can rule out the card with a faster card, then I'm firmly saying you've not got a fast enough card. Also, do format cards in the drone. ExFat is quite tempromental and I've had a few drones which won't read a card which was formatted in a laptop, but will happily work when formatted in the drone.

I believe the blurry camera is a completely separate issue though. A slow card will not cause a blurry screen.

2023-10-1
Use props
EllinorWilliam
lvl.2

DJI may release a future firmware update that addresses the specific problem you've encountered. Downgrading firmware can sometimes be a solution when facing compatibility or performance issues with a specific firmware version. It's important to note that firmware updates can introduce new features, improvements, and bug fixes, but they can also inadvertently introduce new problems or conflicts. So you should always format the SD card in the aircraft using the facility in the camera settings of the DJI Go app.
2023-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules