Feature / Product Requests
1142 10 2020-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kreeze
lvl.4

United States

Hi DJI FPV Team!

What you've done with this system thus far has been incredible and I want to thank you for working with the community to make this digital FPV system a success. I have a long list of feature / product requests that you've slowly been working your way through. I wanted to make a thread acknowleging those features you've already implemented and giving you the rest of my list:

Features you've already implemented:
1. Added Betaflight OSD compatibility.
2. Perfected analog performance and made the best analog DVR out there.
3. Added simulator support for the controller via USB (Although at this time it is unusable for me because the refresh rate of the sticks is too slow. Please look into this! https://streamable.com/yzuri).

Products you've already produced:
1. Caddx Vista Air Unit with lighter weight and smaller size.

Features I am longing for:
1. Ability to quickly enter the analog viewing mode (without going through several sub-menus) and instruct the goggles to go back into analog viewing mode when power is cycled.
2. Real-time audio from the air unit via the headphone jack on the goggles.
3. Utilize the USB-C port for inputting and outputting video signals to and from the goggles. For example: using the goggles with simulators on a computer or livestreaming the output of the goggles, respectively.

Products I am longing for:
1. Unreleased $50 20x20 digital VTX
2. Ability to use the digital system with other goggles preferably via a receiver module.
3. Tablet-style screen for spectators to watch live feed from the air unit.
2020-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Kreeze. Thank you for sharing your insights with regards to this matter and for sharing these information with us. These information will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. Thank you for your support and fly safe always.
2020-1-28
Use props
djiuser_U5DCtFSxZs9c
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-28 08:39
Hello and good day Kreeze. Thank you for sharing your insights with regards to this matter and for sharing these information with us. These information will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. Thank you for your support and fly safe always.

I second the tablet form of display. I would love to be able to show people what I’m seeing while I fly, I believe it would cause a lot of people to join into the hobby. I think a bare bones monitor, either wired from the goggles with usb or some sort of wireless connection, so that it can be cheap, as in $100 or less, so that I don’t have to buy a $700 smart controller just to have a way for multiple spectators to view on a monitor screen. If only there was some sort of screen or tablet, or even just a little receiver box with an hdmi output, that one could hook up to a tv screen and watch, would be super cool as well. Kind of like an air unit that doesn’t have a camera and doesn’t fly, and has an hdmi out. Something like that would be a godsend for people who fly in public places around people who want to know exactly what’s going on.
2020-1-28
Use props
djiuser_ZvY9weSOcUs1
New

Switzerland

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-28 08:39

Yes Audio live feed is soooo important! I would even sacrifice image quality for that.
2020-1-30
Use props
mim_320msn.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1475082 ft
Dominican Republic

If they put audio live i buy it ;)
2020-1-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_ZvY9weSOcUs1 Posted at 1-30 15:38
Yes Audio live feed is soooo important! I would even sacrifice image quality for that.

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing your insights with regards to this matter. Rest assured that this information will be forwarded as well. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-31
Use props
FurioMan
lvl.1

Poland

Hi DJI!
Something to show others, how cool is this hobby would be amazing. Of course, I can buy a second pair of DJI gogles, but it's a kind of an overkill, to do that just to show what's the FPV is all about to your friends or family. With analog I've just bought a cheap pair of box gogles and that was fine. Now with your systems quality, it would even better to show it of. It could also bring you more customers as it is really hard to not
to fall in love in HD fpv flying. Even if the image quality would not be as good as on current DJI Gogles or some of the functionality would be sliced, that would be something I'd would love to see. (cheaper, entry level dji gogles or a module)
Thanks for what you have done to fpv community. All the best!
Marek
2020-1-31
Use props
BoaFPV
lvl.1

United States

Yet another vote from me for audio. The only reason I signed up on the forums is to voice my concern that the unit has a mic, headphone jack, and a company full of talented software engineers but can't figure out what us FPV pilots really want in a video system. I will be holding off on purchasing a dji setup until this is fixed!!
2020-3-15
Use props
mc54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

I'd love to have an affordable secondary hand held display and additional audio capability,

BUT FIRST...

I REALLY need the GPS return to home arrow, distance from home, and altitude to be added into the OSD!

2020-3-15
Use props
Hacky4
lvl.2

Czechia

0. Fix non-working graphical OSD elements (voltage bar, battery icon etc.)
1. Fix freezing OSD when recording on air unit
2. Add support for missing OSD elements (mainly BF errors, RTH arrow and distance, speed and height)
3. Recording (and playback) of BF OSD (mainly GPS coordinates are useful when losing quad)
4. Temp control should not stop goggle recording as recording in goggles does not affect temperature of the  air unit
5. Live sound from the air unit
6. Custom voltage alert
7. AV-in automatic recording
8. Fix shifted audio when recording in air unit
9. Voltage monitoring on OSD even without FC (currenly the voltage is shown only when provided by FC via MSP, however air unit surely knows its voltage even without FC and this may be handy when powering air unit directly from the battery on wing without FC)
2020-3-15
Use props
BoaFPV
lvl.1

United States

Hacky4 Posted at 3-15 11:14
0. Fix non-working graphical OSD elements (voltage bar, battery icon etc.)
1. Fix freezing OSD when recording on air unit
2. Add support for missing OSD elements (mainly BF errors, RTH arrow and distance, speed and height)

Exactly. In terms of all the OSD tweaks needed, it'd be nice if dji could allow some betaflight code contributors to write their own custom OSD elements. I'm sure the folks over at BrainFPV would love to implement their custom OSD elements and screens.
2020-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules