The spam on this board!!!
1938 39 2020-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Canefan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 88074 ft
United States

The poster named cutis is ruining this message board.   As I type this,  he has 4 separate threads at the top of the board followed by multiple others down the page, and it has become  necessary to wade through his unreadable and useless posts to get to the  ones that are relevant and useful.  Each post begins with some random article or video which is always followed by a "Thank You" post by one of  the mods.  He then adds multiple posts to his own threads to boost his  points.  He never comments on threads that were not started by  him.  This is the definition of Spam and I'm wondering why it's being  condoned by the moderators.  Not just condoned, but thanked each and  every time.  Can we please get an explanation?

2020-1-28
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

This is cheap talk? Fingered yet revisited knowingly?
https://www.cnet.com/news/the-first-decent-dji-mavic-mini-deal-ever-332-50/
2020-1-28
Use props
Canefan
lvl.4
United States

And then he spams this thread and adds posts to existing threads in an attempt to move this one down the list.
2020-1-28
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

Wondering why placement chosen
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-01-27/amid-coronavirus-scare-u-s-evacuating-personnel-to-southern-california
2020-1-28
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

cutis Posted at 1-28 12:09
Wondering why placement chosen
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-01-27/amid-coronavirus-scare-u-s-evacuating-personnel-to-southern-california

Could it be because of that border issue?
2020-1-28
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

cutis Posted at 1-28 12:10
Could it be because of that border issue?

It can eliminate populations.
This thing is looking more like an engineered pandora's box
2020-1-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have reported and mentioned this issue here several times, but not to prevail. Unfortunately this forum is moderated by automatic app, not capable to sense such absurdities ...
2020-1-28
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

How do you spell "Troll"...
Oh wait, I just did!
Just ignore any post he has.
Simple.
At first, it was kind of entertaining, watching him to try to string together every word in a Thesaurus....
But, I realize now it's sad.

2020-1-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for putting this to our attention. With regards to this matter this has been escalated to the designated DJI Forum department for further attention. Thank you.
2020-1-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Flycaster Posted at 1-28 12:33
How do you spell "Troll"...
Oh wait, I just did!
Just ignore any post he has.

It's not about me, it's not a personal vendetta ... Ignoring every post made by cutis or AntDX316 is not a solution since it'll work only for those few who's aware ... It's about the concept of this forum as a whole, it's about the purity of contribution ...
2020-1-28
Use props
Canefan
lvl.4
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 1-28 16:00
It's not about me, it's not a personal vendetta ... Ignoring every post made by cutis or AntDX316 is not a solution since it'll work only for those few who's aware ... It's about the concept of this forum as a whole, it's about the purity of contribution ...

Exactly.  Just in the time that this thread has been up he's fired off at least 15 posts and started new threads.  I used to enjoy coming here and seeing people's videos and reading about near misses and lost drones and he has ruined that experience.  I don't understand why DJI continues to allow it.  Many boards have an IGNORE feature that will allow you to not see posts by certain posters if that's your preference.  Would be nice if they'd implement something like that.  Better yet, just ban him.
2020-1-28
Use props
XplorerDinesh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

Infact i stopped coming to this forum because of this CUTIS havoc. I still feel he/she is not a human but an AI chat bot which was trying to learn how to interact by simply creating random posts and replying to each and every posts...In recent posts you can see his camelcasing typing where there was no spaces at all between words...who types like that? anyways thank god he is banned.
2020-1-28
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've never ever seen his posts once.. and I've never seen your posts either until now.
2020-1-28
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It's not about me, it's not a personal vendetta ... Ignoring every post made by cutis or AntDX316 is not a solution since it'll work only for those few who's aware ... It's about the concept of this forum as a whole, it's about the purity of contribution ...

What post did cutis have and how does it compare to mine?
2020-1-28
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think that English was not his first language, and that perhaps he has a learning difficulty; I see that he's been banned now. His posts never bothered me, but I am on here less often these days.
2020-1-29
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 1-28 23:24
What post did cutis have and how does it compare to mine?

Your case is different ... CUTIS was sabotaging this forum purposely by sharing worthless internet garbage, while you're posting useless revelations and plain absurd unconsciously. You have prooved many times your very limited knowledge about drones for aerial photography, yet you're trying to create the image of yourself as an expert advisor on that field. This is extremely irritating to seasoned members of this board and confusing to unaware newcomers ... Example? This is truly a gem: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=207991
2020-1-29
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

What is needed is a user block list, so you can block users whose post you never want to see but I don't know if you can do that on forums.... and @XplorerDinesh I never gave that a thought about a bot, at least they have now gone....
2020-1-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well done on getting rid of cutis, at least until another account is created.
2020-1-29
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 1-29 00:36
Your case is different ... CUTIS was sabotaging this forum purposely by sharing worthless internet garbage, while you're posting useless revelations and plain absurd unconsciously. You have prooved many times your very limited knowledge about drones for aerial photography, yet you're trying to create the image of yourself as an expert advisor on that field. This is extremely irritating to seasoned members of this board and confusing to unaware newcomers ... Example? This is truly a gem: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=207991

I was new and asking questions but I'm getting a lot better.

You must be very uninformed thinking that post is garbage but you are very uninformed all the time to begin with.  Someone else takes the idea that can understand what I mean, makes millions to billions and I make $0.  Most of the things I say make it easier to live longer as all the vulnerabilities unpatched and things left difficult and unorganized are the #1 reasons why people die.  I just try to expose as much as I can while people think I know nothing.

It still would be nice to at least see one snapshot of his bad posts that can give me a better understanding of what everyone sees.  I don't remember seeing his post once but I usually just stick to mine and others who have legitimate issues.  If he was posting nothing but Mavic Mini issues then it's understandable.
2020-1-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cute iss was just banned I think .
2020-1-29
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

I had been wondering for a long time about that doode!
2020-1-29
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795653 ft
Switzerland

At last! I've been reporting his posts for weeks!!
2020-1-29
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Admin,

Please find all posts created/started by the user "Cutis", and simply DELETE, his posts!  His account has been banned and all his posts were nothing but SPAM in this forum.

Thank you,
2020-1-29
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-29 01:33
Well done on getting rid of cutis, at least until another account is created.

It'll be reeeal easy to spot.
Trust me.
2020-1-29
Use props
LTG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143396 ft
United States

Well, this is a nice surprise. I haven’t bothered to come to the forum because of all the mindless drivel posted by the now banned Cutis. When he joined, his posts were a bit hard to figure out what he was talking about, but as time progressed they became nearly impossible to understand. I suspect many others felt the same way. Now maybe we can see posts by those sharing their experiences of flight, photos and videos.
2020-1-29
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 1-29 02:14
I was new and asking questions but I'm getting a lot better.

You must be very uninformed thinking that post is garbage but you are very uninformed all the time to begin with.  Someone else takes the idea that can understand what I mean, makes millions to billions and I make $0.  Most of the things I say make it easier to live longer as all the vulnerabilities unpatched and things left difficult and unorganized are the #1 reasons why people die.  I just try to expose as much as I can while people think I know nothing.

I hate to act like a self-proclaimed DJI Forum inquisitor, but - since you ask - I will try to explain again what's wrong with your posts. Keep in mind, however, that this is my last attempt and it's not my intention to carry this conversation any longer.

As an example, let me comment this publication: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=207991

You said "We don't need more RGB cameras. Might have to make the cameras like a hammerhead shark for great parallax." To add more drama to your opinion you support it with an image of this specimen, just in case somebody don't know what hammerhead shark is ...
This is a forum about aerial imagery, about DJI drones used for flying and taking pictures or filming. Not a forum of FPV stunt flyers, bikers or bee-keepers. Anyone who publish such statement/opinion here must be:

1. A visionary at wrong place.
2. Naive, unmatured individual.
3. A troll.
4. A village idiot (see Google).
5. All of the above.  

In this thread you responded to me "You must be very uninformed thinking that (this) post is garbage but you are very uninformed all the time to begin with". This is not even insulting, it's plain ridiculous. I'm contributing to this Forum since 2015 and exercise all things related with a fleet of 7 various DJI drones ...

"Someone else takes the idea that can understand what I mean, makes millions to billions and I make $0.  Most of the things I say make it easier to live longer as all the vulnerabilities unpatched and things left difficult and unorganized are the #1 reasons why people die."

Now, that's the aspect of your publications that's the most disturbing. That's where you start to loose the grip on reality and write plain rubbish and nonsense.

"I just try to expose as much as I can while people think I know nothing."

How true. But don't worry, your contributions aren't really that much destructive to the Forum like in cutis case. Confusing, disturbing, perhaps even entertaining to some, but not deliberately destructive ...

2020-1-29
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 1-29 13:49
I hate to act like a self-proclaimed DJI Forum inquisitor, but - since you ask - I will try to explain again what's wrong with your posts. Keep in mind, however, that this is my last attempt and it's not my intention to carry this conversation any longer.

As an example, let me comment this publication: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=207991

I don't get what you don't get.  It would be cool if it was for good intent and good reasoning but I still think you are mad about me for something irrelevant and I think it has to do w/ some of the comments I did about our creators and the afterlife.  That, or the more years of DJI experience you have over me and can't take that I could be right.  Of course, being older should always have grand mastership over a craft than those who come after but because of the power of the internet it's possible to get methods that out weigh those that came yesterday.  I was looking at a Computer Vision technique that would take a process super longer than the universe was even made with the fastest computer system in the world with 93 PFLOPs in 2017 to calculate something simple.  With advancements of research and development, they've found better ways to get it done in far Less time.

From everything I've seen, without having solid up-to-date information, we would be vulnerable and make it easy for us to die.  In a way, when things go wrong w/ that vulnerability like Kobe's helicopter having no terrain awareness, if of course Heaven was made after, then it was good they didn't know and have certain things that would have Ensured no "early" death.

I understand in the very beginning when I was saying somethings that were wrong like shooting in "auto" only but holding that feeling against is as bad as holding old methods that are obsolete and depreciated.

We should come to a consensus on trying to improve our handling in the world and understanding more of what is truly going on should be the 1st step.  We need more sensors!!

2020-1-29
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I am so confused , what does a drone forum have to do with human existence and life expectancy ?
2020-1-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 1-29 17:59
I don't get what you don't get.  It would be cool if it was for good intent and good reasoning but I still think you are mad about me for something irrelevant and I think it has to do w/ some of the comments I did about our creators and the afterlife.  That, or the more years of DJI experience you have over me and can't take that I could be right.  Of course, being older should always have grand mastership over a craft than those who come after but because of the power of the internet it's possible to get methods that out weigh those that came yesterday.  I was looking at a Computer Vision technique that would take a process super longer than the universe was even made with the fastest computer system in the world with 93 PFLOPs in 2017 to calculate something simple.  With advancements of research and development, they've found better ways to get it done in far Less time.

From everything I've seen, without having solid up-to-date information, we would be vulnerable and make it easy for us to die.  In a way, when things go wrong w/ that vulnerability like Kobe's helicopter having no terrain awareness, if of course Heaven was made after, then it was good they didn't know and have certain things that would have Ensured no "early" death.

We need more sensors!!
That must be a typo.

Do you need more sense or maybe you need more censors??

2020-1-29
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-29 18:43
We need more sensors!!
That must be a typo.

Read post #40
2020-1-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Post #40 is just another example of your frequent meaningless gobbledygook posting.
2020-1-29
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Labroides Posted at 1-29 19:11
Post #40 is just another example of your frequent meaningless gobbledygook posting.

And there's really no way to exterminate AntDX316 without cruelty ... We truly need this magic "Ignore" button here ... Wait ... OMG, he will pop-up as a commentator in somebody's else thread! We're doomed ...
2020-1-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flycaster Posted at 1-29 06:54
It'll be reeeal easy to spot.
Trust me.

Not if he gets his space bar fixed first.
2020-1-30
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Singapore

He should be banned from this forum. its like the Coronavirus spreading here. I do not understand every thread he post. Basically unreadable English.
2020-2-3
Use props
Canefan
lvl.4
United States

Cepheroh Posted at 2-3 01:21
He should be banned from this forum. its like the Coronavirus spreading here. I do not understand every thread he post. Basically unreadable English.

Cutis has been banned.
2020-2-3
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Singapore

Canefan Posted at 2-3 11:08
Cutis has been banned.

Ok. Hope that he learnt a lesson and behaves like a normal human being
2020-2-3
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795653 ft
Switzerland

Cepheroh Posted at 2-3 23:17
Ok. Hope that he learnt a lesson and behaves like a normal human being

What makes you think that it was a "human being" in the first place? The entries would suggest it was more likely a BOT!!
2020-2-4
Use props
JeromeM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178793 ft
Netherlands

I think the spam is back with different name djiuser_I3kFg0udyA7q
2020-2-5
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Yeah, I'm inclined to think that it may have been a bot, which I feel is not too far from forum admins that respond to posts.  At this point, I'm almost suspecting this forum (and possibly others) is rife with data farming in the form of deploying AI/chatbots that learn and adapt.
Other than that, there are people that spam posts, merely for boosting their rank to Captain.  Which leads me to this question.......does attaining the Captain rank come with some form of compensation or something?
2020-2-5
Use props
FanOfFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

Neo Supreme Posted at 2-5 07:27
Yeah, I'm inclined to think that it may have been a bot, which I feel is not too far from forum admins that respond to posts.  At this point, I'm almost suspecting this forum (and possibly others) is rife with data farming in the form of deploying AI/chatbots that learn and adapt.
Other than that, there are people that spam posts, merely for boosting their rank to Captain.  Which leads me to this question.......does attaining the Captain rank come with some form of compensation or something?

I was told it comes with a really nice hat....
I agree with you on the "training ground" for AI chat bots.  Seems plausible and some dialogs seem like random words strung together - kinda like the the infinite monkeys typing eventually can create a great literary work.
2020-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules