2451 10 2020-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_6MlQjpXhZ6Lz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 239961 ft
Canada

HI,

Would like to know if people experimented some issues with a CrystalSky connecting internet via iPhone tethering?

We tried with Iphone X, 7 and 8 and we allways got problem to keep the connection or never able to connect. We have no issue with Android or normal router.

Any idea ?

John

2020-1-28
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hi, same problem here when I try to take off in the unlocked no fly-zone at home, CS has to be connected with my home wifi, hotspot with iPhone 7 doesn't allow me to send the confirmation.
JM
Maybe Dji has a response on this?
2020-1-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please download the firmware from this link and use it to refresh the firmware with an empty SD card. If issue persists, please try to back up your files on the said display and format the DJI CrystalSky. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-30
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-30 12:30
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please download the firmware from this link and use it to refresh the firmware with an empty SD card. If issue persists, please try to back up your files on the said display and format the DJI CrystalSky. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

No way!..I reinstalled firmware after factory reset and problem persists!
2020-1-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

JMR58 Posted at 1-31 07:03
No way!..I reinstalled firmware after factory reset and problem persists!

I am sorry to know that the issue still persists after these troubleshooting. I will forward this thread/information to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-1-31
Use props
snowfly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 216138 ft
United States

Same issue here. Totally frustrating. My CrystalSky works fine with the CS browser when on my Apple office router, but WILL NOT work with my Apple iPhone SE hotspot as the WiFi device. I have messed around and blown over 3 hours at a location trying to get the final connection with DJI to open up my fully authorized fly area. I know it used to work since last Summer I did a number of locations for projects in No Fly areas where I did self unlocking to let me fly. My CS has the latest firmware from 12/2019 and I am betting that is what has messed ALL CS users up. DJI, you need to simply dump your Geo Fencing for pro users and let us comply with the FAA and the LAANC demands. We are NOT going to risk our licensing by flying where we are not supposed to be. And your Fly Safe areas DO NOT match the FAA's LAANC areas anyway. If they did, my flight today would have been OUT OF THE DJI BLUE ZONE. Now I have to worry about trying to fly my Mavic (using the CS) next week INDOORS of the same building that I cannot do some simple aerials of (OUTDOORS). This is costing me time and money to mess with this. Please let me/us know if a solution is available .....
2020-2-20
Use props
djiuser_6MlQjpXhZ6Lz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 239961 ft
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-31 11:55
I am sorry to know that the issue still persists after these troubleshooting. I will forward this thread/information to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

Hi,
That issue is very generic and cause big issue. Do you DJI is aware and if they work on a solution?

2020-2-20
Use props
PeterTel
lvl.1

Spain

The same here. After upgrading to the last version of CS, tethering with iOs returns in unsolved connection. Please help!
2020-2-22
Use props
PeterTel
lvl.1

Spain

PeterTel Posted at 2-22 11:23
The same here. After upgrading to the last version of CS, tethering with iOs returns in unsolved connection. Please help!

Auto reply: Solver doing a hard reset.
2020-2-24
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

The DJI mantra - "please update to latest firmware so we can remove features" LOL They will never learn...  "Thank you for your patience and understanding!"

The best marketing for Autel's drones is for DJI to keep doing what DJI does. HA!

2020-3-5
Use props
djiuser_sNUIfrDzXvFk
New

United States

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 3-5 10:52
The DJI mantra - "please update to latest firmware so we can remove features" LOL They will never learn...  "Thank you for your patience and understanding!"  

The best marketing for Autel's drones is for DJI to keep doing what DJI does. HA!

I am also having the same issues. I recently upgraded from an IPhone 6 to an 11. At home, I can connect and get the unlock license, so that I can fly at an AMA model airport that DJI geofences out because it is near an airport. I often don't see my IPhone but I see other WiFi hotspots. I can sometimes connect but I can't get to any sites and then it disconnects. Sounds like some kind of DNS issue.
2020-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules