Flying as a Business
2352 6 2020-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hoganballs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 750787 ft
United Kingdom

How many of you fly drones and actually make money out of it? I know the Spark wouldn’t be high enough quality drone for shooting Weddings, houses for estates agents etc therefore would I have to upgrade to a Mavic Pro2 or one of the Phantoms to make a successful business out of it?  
Obviously I’m nowhere near experience and expertise of some Drone owners but being a level 18 pilot now, I feel my skills are at a decent level now.
2020-1-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-29
Use props
Hoganballs
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I’m now pilot level 20, for some strange reason I jumped two points even though I’ve  not even flown the drone in a few weeks!
2020-1-29
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hoganballs Posted at 1-29 15:51
I’m now pilot level 20, for some strange reason I jumped two points even though I’ve  not even flown the drone in a few weeks!

I still have a bit of drone debt but the 107 has allowed me to have clients that eventually led to some of my drones being paid off because of it.  This was Before there were a lot of other people trying to get the job too.  I don't really choose to fly unless I get hired as up in the air gets old.  You wouldn't have an issue if you went M2 Zoom or M2 Pro.  They are mega reliable.  If things scare me because I can't trust it, I don't fly.  They never gave me One issue.

It took a while to get used to the Spark being so high.  It took a while for me to get used to the M2 Zoom going long distances but after using all the drones on my profile, you can fly them to DJI set limits and beyond, as long as nothing gets hit, w/o worry.

Imo, I think the ascend and descend rates take too long so I've changed them to 6 m/s up and 8 m/s down to expedite the desired aerial position.

You may or may not make any money off it.  I've heard to have a 107 eq. in the UK to be very costly or that was Canada.  If it's no issue for you, and you pass you can get a higher-end drone and try to get clients.  I've met people who have Inspire 2s and bigger w/ clients for them.  My level is P4PV2/M2 and no higher.  Some people have sold their Inspire 2s as the jobs have died out for them.  From what I've seen, a lot of companies don't have a drone pilot but if you cannot come up with some proposal that would make them want to have a drone pilot onboard, it will not be made.  If you are already doing wedding shoots or want to partner up with one who doesn't have one, if they like you they will hire you.

How to fly and edit is a craft of itself.  That can take time to master.  The aerials have to be usable to be used in film.  As long as it isn't super jello or very twitchy, it should be ok.  Sky margin is extremely important from some of the clients I had unless you are doing an inspection of course.

You can risk getting competitive drones, drones that are around $500 or eq. to the M2 but personally, I wouldn't trust anything else.  The upper-end DJI drones never scared me.  Even having an Inspire 1 Pro with an XT in the air which is basically $15k new, I flew it w/o issue, w/o much fear.  I sold it for as much as I got them for as I have no use for thermals.
2020-1-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check out this site for more details about getting qualified in the UK.

https://www.heliguy.com/caa-drone-training-full-course-pfco-p3873
2020-1-30
Use props
Hoganballs
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Forgive my naivety and innocence but I was under the impression you could fly commercially in the UK without going on a training course?
2020-1-30
Use props
Papachylo
lvl.2

Spain

Starting a business is not a bad idea at all
2020-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules