4690 4 2020-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oxid8ter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,

I bashed together this email and use it to request permission for flight over public areas such as woodlands etc. Figured i would share it in case it is of use to anyone who doesnt know how to word an email where they wish to ask permission:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) registered drone flyer and operator.

I am emailing to seek permission to fly my Drone over [Location]. I have researched where possible and have found that there are no flight restrictions within the low level airspace, but wanted to ensure that there are no bylaws that would prevent this.

In accordance with the CAA Drone Safe guidelines; the drone will be flown no lower than 50 metres when near to other users of the space. This is so there is no invasion to their privacy, as well as [any other factors such as wildlife]. The flight altitude will be no higher than the legally permitted 120 metres.

I had intended to capture some photographs and videos from the unique aerial view provided by a drone but am equally happy to fly with no capture equipment active. The flight is merely recreational and therefore the prevention of photography or videography from the drone is not an issue for me.

I look forward to your response.

Kind Regards
[Name]

CAA Flyer ID: [Flyer ID]
CAA Operator ID [Operator ID]

Of course this was writtend for my needs, but you can edit it for your own.

2020-1-30
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

Very useful. If you don't mind, I'll take a copy of this.
I haven't flown the Mavic in a year now, after negative publicity  ( and a bit of a kneejerk response from family and neighbours).

I wonder how long you wait for a reply before you fly? Or to put it another way, how long before you fly, do you  send the email?
2020-1-30
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United Kingdom

Dorset_Horn Posted at 1-30 09:09
Very useful. If you don't mind, I'll take a copy of this.
I haven't flown the Mavic in a year now, after negative publicity  ( and a bit of a kneejerk response from family and neighbours).

Knock yourself out - that’s what I shared it for.

I would normally allow them a week to reply. A council or similar will normally have an automatic reply to tell you when to expect a reply!
2020-1-30
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

oxid8ter Posted at 1-30 11:49
Knock yourself out - that’s what I shared it for.

I would normally allow them a week to reply. A council or similar will normally have an automatic reply to tell you when to expect a reply!

Much obliged!

2020-1-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for sharing this information and this template with us. This will be a very big help to our valued dji co pilots. Again, thank you for your support and fly safe always.
2020-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules