DJI Pilot support?
5486 11 2020-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarMcD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1479610 ft
Ireland

I am thinking about purchasing a Mavic Mini and want to know is the drone compatible with the DJI Pilot app. I currently have a Phantom 3 Standard and it works fine with the DJI Pilot app. Does anyone know if the Mini works with the Pilot app. NOTE: The DJI Pilot app is not the same as DJI Go, DJI Go 4 or the DJI Fly app
2020-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Short answer No.
2020-1-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this query, The DJI Pilot is not the suggested software for the DJI Mavic Mini, please use the DJI Fly application when flying the drone. In addition,  I will be posting an image for more details on recommended drones for the DJI Pilot. Thank you.

2020-1-30
Use props
djiuser_PTdhJS3SKm9k
lvl.3

Malawi

I tried to fly our Matrice M200 V2 using dji pilot. The area to be surveyed was large with the max distance away from me being about 2km. When I tried to initiate the flight I got an arror message saying waypoint trace element was too long. This was a new message for me as I have flown big areas before. Does anyone have any comments on how to get around this?
2020-8-26
Use props
djiuser_NjR7RQRZ8lHc
New

United States

Well I just got my mavik mini only to find out Dji fly wont work on my brand new phone. Are there zero alternatives??? Am I forced to get a new phone?
2020-10-6
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

djiuser_NjR7RQRZ8lHc Posted at 10-6 15:26
Well I just got my mavik mini only to find out Dji fly wont work on my brand new phone. Are there zero alternatives??? Am I forced to get a new phone?

Check here for list of compatible devices, some have bought phones without data package just for use as controller. MM can fly without phone, controller only, you would not get camera view etc.
2020-10-8
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

The Fly App is the only DJI app that works for Mavic Mini
2020-10-8
Use props
djiuser_uLrnLIs0pAX9
New

Poland

Why the h... isn't it on Google Store?! Is this a joke from dji for all clients that bought mavic mini one?
Really, I request there are listed reasons for the only compatible application for this product to be downloadable from djj servers directly.
We could be downloading encryption malware if those servers have been attacked!
2021-9-15
Use props
djiuser_E0LrnYZV9oMi
New

United States

I have an s21 and it won't let me download the dji fly app. Can you please help me
2021-12-25
Use props
emptech1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 440 ft
United States

djiuser_E0LrnYZV9oMi Posted at 12-25 05:40
I have an s21 and it won't let me download the dji fly app. Can you please help me

I'm just another user of a mini, perhaps I can answer your question.  My mini has a very old version of the Fly app, so I decided to uninstall it, download the latest from the play store, but it wasn't there.  One of the QR codes points to the DJI download site.  Even if you use your browser, go to the dji.com site and navigate to downloads.  You want to download the Fly App.  It's about 362MB and will usually store in the downloads directory on your android phone.

Here's the catch.  Immediately after you download it, you try to install it, will most likely fail because the default of the phone is not to allow non-Play Store apps to be executed or installed.  You have to go into your phone settings (can't remember where) and allow external files to be executed.  So once you change that setting, you can then download the file, run the installer, and it should install.  There are youtube videos on the subject.  

I saved some time by installing a file manager, such as Astro.  Once the file was downloaded from DJI, I could go back to it any time with astro, find it in the downloads directory, and execute it when I wanted to.

A friend of mine just bought a Mavic Air 2.  The installation instructions would not work, the dealer told him to call DJI's 800 number, don't know how that would have gone.  We downloaded Fly this evening and all was happy.

It's good to have friends.

Confusing, but hope this helps, don't know why DJI doesn't have a good version of FLY on the Play Store.  Jim
2021-12-26
Use props
djiuser_zg3i4xNxMTPe
lvl.2
South Africa

Hi
Just purchased an mavic mini 2 but it's not connecting to the app, I'm using DJI pilot but it's showing that my drone is disconnected.

Is there something that I've missed in the settings.

Please help
2022-1-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

The Mini 2 uses the Fly app.
2022-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now