Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Broadcast mod?
3112 5 2020-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6f4b665c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9829 ft
  • >>>
South Korea

Hi, I have a question about the Broadcast mod of INSPIRE 2.

I can't understand even if I read the manual.

If I use Broadcast mod, can I send can I send a broadcast screen wirelessly?

I wonder how to actually use it. Has anyone ever used it?

2020-1-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. The Broadcast Mode can be turned on the “HD” setting page of DJI Go 4. This mode is designed to output signal source for Television, Radio signal transferring and live broadcast. Should you have other inquiries or concerns please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you!
2020-1-31
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Broadcast Mode is a joke.
It just converts a 25p stream to a 50i signal and puts it out on the hdmi on a stock rc and hdmi and sdi on a cendence (configurable).

BUT, the I2, and every other dji drone, only sends 17-25 (jumping) progressive frames per second to the remote, which converts it to broadcast ''ready'' 50i signal.
So you don't get unique interlaced frames, as you would need a 50p feed in the first place to do a correct conversion to 50i.
This produces a completely unusable, stacking feed. The guy who designed this process has no clue about what a broadcast ready signal is and how 50i works.
We tested every available dji drone, or image transfer solution from dji in a broadcast HF lab. Not a single one delivers quality for broadcast ready footage.

So we had to build a custom drone for our live broadcast jobs.
DJI has to build a stable 50p wireless imge transfer solution first before they should even think about marketing to have a broadcast ready solution.
Converting 25p to 50i can never work, even worse if the video feed is skipping frames already bellow 25p.

The only situation where we can see a dji drone to be used in live broadcast is for breaking news, where every bad image is better than none.

But using dji drones in a controled live broadcast production is currently a BIG NO.   

The answer to your question is also no.
You will need some solution to grab the image on your rc and delivering it to the broadcast truck.
This can be done wireless, by cable or converted to a fiber cable.
The very best solution is to use some HF wireless devices (they use reserved frequencies) from your broadcast company on the drone, in the air,  whith a camera that actually delivers a 50i feed, so you can send your images directly to the broadcast truck. This way you can also move free in different locations in previously specified sectors.
Using solutions like Teradek Bolt or Amimon Connex can work, but I would not use it for live broadcast work, as there is always a risk of other signals interfering and breaking the feed.
Its best you meet up with the broadcast HF team way in advance to discuss the best possible solution

2020-2-5
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

i've used the matrice 210 in broadcast mode here in the states for several very popular shows that were airing for live television. fed to a LiveU 200. signal was fine.
2020-2-6
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

marctronixx Posted at 2-6 13:33
i've used the matrice 210 in broadcast mode here in the states for several very popular shows that were airing for live television. fed to a LiveU 200. signal was fine.

Your Image requierements must have been very low.
No way Swiss broadcast would accept such an image except for breaking news.
Since you mention the distribution trough a LiveU 200 it must have been a very low budget production and low image requierement shot.
LiveU 200 is a nice tool, I used it often in the past for small biz streams,  but there is no way we could distribute trough such an entrylevel celluar device to broadcast.

It really would be nice if dji could up the game and deliver a stable, good quality 50i stream on to the ground.
Another step in the right directiion would be to fix Multilink, as this hardware is still unuasable and delivers lower performance then when using stock Cendence remotes.
2020-2-9
Use props
*rbh-andy*
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7489642 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... also it would be good to have for LIve Broadcasting stepless aperture control!
2020-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules