Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Are Osmo Pockets Allowed At SuperBowl?
868 5 2020-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_EhDzs0WMAgcu
New

United States

Im heading to Superbowl 54 in Miami. And the list of things that are not allowed are "Go pro Cameras".  Does the osmo pocket fall in that category? I dont want to risk giving up my osmo to get into the big game , i just want to make sure first!
2020-1-31
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Is there are contact where you found that GoPros are not allowed? That would be where to enquire.
2020-1-31
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

No GoPro cameras?  That sounds like a ridiculous rule to single out GoPro's.  So basically and legally, you can have any other camera, as long as the lens isn't great that 6 inches.  Here is a list of regulations I found.
https://www.roadtrips.com/football-packages/super-bowl/faq/

I don't see Osmo Pocket in there, so it sounds like you should be good.  Though, that all depends on what security is going by, which could be a whole different story.
2020-1-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation that you may need from our fellow DJI members here in Forum. Thank you for your continued support!
2020-1-31
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Where is this list? I can't find anything on such a ban.
2020-1-31
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

You are lucky.
Normally photography, or worse video, is banned anywhere there is major TV coverage.
Here though I think it comes down to not spoiling another persons enjoyment through ruining their experience by putting cameras on sticks or weaving back and forth with a long lens.
You may also consider you may get any subsequent footage banned if you try to upload it for public viewing.  TV companies tend to guard their copyright ownership fiercely for something they may have paid exclusive rights for.
I've been an accredited photographer at major sporting events and seen confiscations within auditoria to those people that do not comply to the venue's terms and conditions. Those that do do adhere normally are left alone. I personally would make a copy of the terms and conditions and take it with me. Show it to any security that esquires your use of your Osmo Pocket and be aware that some security will be crowd watching throughout but can't be bothered to intervene with those who are generally not making a nuisance of themselves. Don't hold it in the air, swing it about or mount it on a stick when seated and you should be fine. From most seating distances from the field you probably won't get that much detail anyway.

To be honest you normally have a choice when challenged into chosing either confiscation of equipment or leaving.

2020-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules