[Feature Request] Mavic Mini 4k video Update
6545 24 2020-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droneyal8r
lvl.1

Australia

Hi DJI

We all know the lense can handle 4k , It is a complete WASTE to downgrade it only because Mavic Air, There are PLENTY of things that still seperate the AIR and mini.

The only 2 things that Mini need is Activetrack and 4k...

Come on Guys , its possible. No need to downgrade something which doesnt need to be, more benefit for DJI to add the features than not to. MANY more sales just from this upgrade, then if you also add Active Track . BOOM... Mini Monster!!

2020-1-31
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

The 2.7K of the mini is great, better than many drones who state 4K but then side by side it looks just bad.
While Active track is cool, I would love to have it too, manual settings for video or RAW photo are much needed.
Lets hope future updates will deliver those functions and make us all happy
2020-1-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 for a great idea.
2020-1-31
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I think I've read that it is not because of MA but because of lightweight design and it's cooling ability...
2020-1-31
Use props
snoopkakapo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106020 ft
Czechia

Manual video settings like shutter speed, iso and white balance is more needed by me. And D-Cinelike (flat) profil as well.
2020-1-31
Use props
Cobani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612503 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Handling 4K could be impossible not because the lens, but because of the hardware, bitrate supported and cooling.

The REAL need here it's manual video settings and RAW photos. These are the most important and needed features for all of us AND IT'S POSSIBLE.

Just my 2 cents...
2020-1-31
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1. Manual settings for video.
2. Active tracking.
Not really fussed about the rest, but if they come then whoopeee.
2020-1-31
Use props
Droneyal8r
lvl.1

Australia

Agee with ALL OF THE ABOVE..

4k is possible on many little drones. Im betting that is just an excuse they had to say when confronted on the spot
I agree with this guy:

"To be honest, I have a bit of a hard time believing this, because even one of DJI’s smallest 3-axis gimbal-stabilized cameras such as the DJI Osmo Pocket is able to shoot 4K video footage up to 60 fps and at 100 Mbps. And that camera doesn’t have the benefit of air passing through and around its body as the DJI Mavic Mini has when it is airborne".
2020-1-31
Use props
Droneyal8r
lvl.1

Australia

I agree with this https://dronedj.com/2019/10/31/no-4k-video-dji-mavic-mini/
2020-1-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Droneyal8r. Thank you for sharing your insights with regards to this matter and for sharing these information for the DJI Mavic Mini with us. These feature request will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. Thank you for your support.
2020-1-31
Use props
djiuser_wkVkmJ0evBQD
New

Netherlands

can you please put
RAW photos and 4K in the mavic mini, it will make it much more fun for many people
2020-6-27
Use props
djiuser_wkVkmJ0evBQD
New

Netherlands

2020-6-27
Use props
Skydiver021
lvl.4
Serbia

As I heard 4K is not possible because of overheating,  
2020-6-27
Use props
fansc16e75b6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 589432 ft

United Kingdom

I always think it's funny that cooling is the issue yet it's surrounded by 4 fans
2020-6-28
Use props
djiuser_9EbDAyD9UeXn
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-1-31 07:45
Hello and good day Droneyal8r. Thank you for sharing your insights with regards to this matter and for sharing these information for the DJI Mavic Mini with us. These feature request will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. Thank you for your support.

Dji should add the option to buy the software upgrade to update the mini 1 to do and raw video along with other features. They should be buyable options on all platformes
2021-1-8
Use props
fans08b5dde5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Would like to see 4k option. Maybe 4:3 2880:2160@24 fps is achievable without overheating.
2021-1-9
Use props
mark117h
Second Officer
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

I am not to bothered about the 4K or active track, what i would love to see in a firmware update is that DJI have actually listened to their user base and added RAW support, jpg's are just damn ugly and hard to work with over having RAW support, I'd love RAW support, you can do so, so, so much more with RAW than you can with a poksy jpg.
2021-1-10
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I don't believe either of you will be fulfilled.

Personally the only thing I truly want is active tracking of a GPS beacon... but I've discovered there's already one app which should do what I want and I'll gladly buy it for when I'll resume flying.
2021-1-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Sadly Mavic Mini 1, is a forgotten device... Once they sell their stock, they will delete it from the website and pretend it never existed.
2021-1-11
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Oh come on... they've moved on. Firmware is pretty much perfect, the Fly APP continues to receive updates (although they've lost focus on the Mini 1) and for this I've found the video decoding on the MD has become a bit jittery. Anyways I believe this would be the same for the Mini 2, not sure about the Air 2. My device has plenty of power so it's just unoptimization going on, probably because the development  focus has been the MA2 for quite some time.
2021-1-11
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

For the active track there is litchi that works well, but no obstacle sensor so must be careful, for the 4k and raw actually it would be cool but do not dream we will never get them...
2021-1-11
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Thanks for the tip @VanzPix I was thinking about RedWaypoint is it has higher rating, lower price and GPS beacon (Mobile Device) tracking which I value more than Subject Tracking (I ignore if Litchi has GPS tracking).
2021-1-11
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

m80116 Posted at 1-11 09:23
Thanks for the tip @VanzPix I was thinking about RedWaypoint is it has higher rating, lower price and GPS beacon (Mobile Device) tracking which I value more than Subject Tracking (I ignore if Litchi has GPS tracking).
red waytpoints is only made to plan flights I don't think it does activetrack and followme, litchi has a free third-party application for mobile tracking (litchi Magic Leash) but litchi does not yet have waytpoints against
2021-1-11
Use props
Niflheim The Dude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 533048 ft
Romania

I do not  believe  that RAW will be  available for  all minis.  They need  that  for  the  higher end  drones as a selling point. I also have a mini 1 and feel like its abandoned on the software side.
2021-1-11
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Abandoned means nobody develops anymore for it. We've got SDK, waypoints, Missions, Smart tracking even GPS tracking... it's FAR from ABANDONED.

Even the body shape suggests it was so successful to retain in the next iteration and will benefit from newer accessories developed for the Mini 2.
2021-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules