#My2019Highlight A dancing of clouds
927 11 2020-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=208136&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D736%26typeid%3D736

Sometimes you just have to watch in awe as the clouds dance across the skies, and the setting sun paints the dance floor in reds and pinks and unbelievable blues.
This was one of those days.
I would have prefered this to have only nature, no houses and human encrouchments to make this just a tad less perfect, but if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

Technical and tips
Mavic Pro 2 with Freewellgear Variable ND filter, (4ND if I remember correctly.)
Composition wise, would have prefered to have more space on the left hand side, but that is a area that has a fair amount of houses, and I tried to get more "nature".
My eye never "settle" or find a focus point in this image, that makes it much less than desirable personally. If not for the skies, I would have deleted this image.

So this is a tip of sorts. Find your main focuspoint, the important part that will tell the story, and make it the most visible in the shot.

I had to do a slight correction where the in drone pano was not stitched perfectly, more noticable on the horizon.
Post processing, only lightened some foilage in the foreground a tad. Small amount of added contrast, and the dreaded compression to get it under 2mb. (and with that, take away at least 20% of the image quality and details.)
Lastly, sharpened a tad.

PANO0001--copy.jpg
PANO0001--copy.jpg
2020-1-31
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

Double image post. No idea how to remove it. Sorry.
2020-1-31
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice shot
2020-1-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Charissa, awesome shot.  Just can't get over how beautiful the sky is.  Keep on shooting and sharing.  Thanks.
2020-1-31
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-31 06:52
Charissa, awesome shot.  Just can't get over how beautiful the sky is.  Keep on shooting and sharing.  Thanks.

Much appreciated.
2020-1-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are skies like this common in South Africa?  Amazing work.
2020-2-1
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

DAFlys Posted at 2-1 02:23
Are skies like this common in South Africa?  Amazing work.

Thanks and yes, South Africa have spectacular sunsets for most of the year. In the summertime it will feature huge and dramatic storm clouds as well.
2020-2-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oh wow!
That is stunning
2020-2-1
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

Montfrooij Posted at 2-1 12:50
Oh wow!
That is stunning

Again, thank you. Really much appreciated.
2020-2-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Charissa Posted at 2-2 02:05
Again, thank you. Really much appreciated.

My pleasure.
Always nice to get inspired!
2020-2-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Charissa Posted at 2-1 02:57
Thanks and yes, South Africa have spectacular sunsets for most of the year. In the summertime it will feature huge and dramatic storm clouds as well.

You're very lucky,  dramatic skies in the UK are rare,  but then we have miserable drab weather.
2020-2-2
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

DAFlys Posted at 2-2 08:48
You're very lucky,  dramatic skies in the UK are rare,  but then we have miserable drab weather.

Not a week goes by without a awesome sunset. We very seldom have boring blue skies.
The reds though, is not always so spectacular, sometimes just a light pink, with some magenta.
I have a couple of good shots done with my dslr.
When it rains, it often is huge, dramatic rain clouds, and thunder that can make a person sit up and notice.
I love it.
2020-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules