10363 42 2020-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Satstream Posted at 7-25 06:30
Great video! But there is one important point. If the home point was updated at the start (pay attention to the announcement), RTH works perfectly. However, if I stop the landing after RTH and fly away from the home point, the saved GPS / compass value is lost! The drone will land where it is when you press RTH! Abort RTH immediately after orientation on the smartphone, fly back and land manually!

If I understand what you are saying, that is not correct.  First let me make sure I understand what you are saying.  If I take off and let the home point update normally and then fly somewhere and initiate an RTH (assumed either loss of signal or pressing the button).  If I abort the RTH and fly somewhere else, the home point information is lost so upon a second RTH (assumed either loss of signal or pressing the button), the Mini will land where ever it happens to be at that time.  Did I understand what you are saying correctly?

Assuming I understood what you were saying correctly, that is not my experience.  I have horrible WiFi interference when I fly from my house.  So I regularly have the Mini initiate an RTH due to loss of signal.  After the Mini gets closer to home and control is regained, I routinely abort the RTH and continue flying.  I have gone through that cycle at least three times on some flights, and the RTH always caused the drone to return to my house.  Am I missing something?
2021-7-25
Use props
Satstream
Second Officer
Flight distance : 392024 ft
Germany

K6CCC Posted at 7-25 08:05
If I understand what you are saying, that is not correct.  First let me make sure I understand what you are saying.  If I take off and let the home point update normally and then fly somewhere and initiate an RTH (assumed either loss of signal or pressing the button).  If I abort the RTH and fly somewhere else, the home point information is lost so upon a second RTH (assumed either loss of signal or pressing the button), the Mini will land where ever it happens to be at that time.  Did I understand what you are saying correctly?

Assuming I understood what you were saying correctly, that is not my experience.  I have horrible WiFi interference when I fly from my house.  So I regularly have the Mini initiate an RTH due to loss of signal.  After the Mini gets closer to home and control is regained, I routinely abort the RTH and continue flying.  I have gone through that cycle at least three times on some flights, and the RTH always caused the drone to return to my house.  Am I missing something?

My experience:
RTH canceled by me shortly before landing on the ground. I fly about 500m further then press RTH, the Mavic mini or Phanthom 4 will not come back to the RTH point, but land where they are. That is one of the reasons for many flyaways.
2021-7-26
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Satstream Posted at 7-26 00:32
My experience:
RTH canceled by me shortly before landing on the ground. I fly about 500m further then press RTH, the Mavic mini or Phanthom 4 will not come back to the RTH point, but land where they are. That is one of the reasons for many flyaways.

Like @K6CCC, I've never seen or experienced the behavior you describe across any of my many different drones.  

If you have a flight record of a flight where you experienced this behavior, I'd love to check it out.  If so, upload it here and send me the link.  https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Upload/
2021-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules