Why I just sold my Mini
5690 59 2020-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

mAIRs Posted at 2-4 13:26
Check out Autel EVO... I dare say that Autel will knock DJI off the pedestool... and do it soon... the customer support at Autel is 100X better than at DJI... and their drones are every bit as good and better than DJI, look up EVO II.... awesome.

If you have the CrystalSky monitor... no worries.. the LATEST EVO app runs on the CrystalSky beautifully.

"If you have the CrystalSky monitor... no worries.. the LATEST EVO app runs on the CrystalSky beautifully."

Unbelievably Amazing!

2020-2-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

mAIRs Posted at 2-4 13:46
I bet that this comparison was financed by DJI...

They don’t sell Autel on this forum, don’t Autel have a forum for you to link into ;+):::::
2020-2-4
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-4 15:20
They don’t sell Autel on this forum, don’t Autel have a forum for you to link into ;+):::::

Is that a question or a statement?
2020-2-4
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

mAIRs Posted at 2-4 13:46
I bet that this comparison was financed by DJI...

No, just a reviewer. Maybe do a bit of research on the evo before making silly statements. Have a look on youtube, especially comparisons.
2020-2-4
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

deathsquad Posted at 2-4 15:55
No, just a reviewer. Maybe do a bit of research on the evo before making silly statements. Have a look on youtube, especially comparisons.

You mean do some research until the results are pro DJI?

Don't like Autel.. try Skydio 2 if you want any notion of customer and hardware support... if you dont care about support than stick to "we're working on it thank for your understanding" nothing responses DJI.

2020-2-4
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Yeah. It is sad but true that DJI really should Start to get more active and Provide more information about a lot of Things going on here.
They are selling drones but behave like its some super secret confidental CIA sh*t going on in here. ^^
2020-2-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

they don't know who is on these forums.  the competitors are here.  for sure.  if I worked for the company, I would vote for a reduced level of activity even in the official forum.
2020-2-4
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ultimately if dji has failed u....what other drone can u get in the price range u spent with similar specs? I don't think there is anything right now.... Your expectations seemed a little high for a 450$ drone.... and that's fine that is your choice.  maybe you should try to go for a mavic 2 or something?
2020-2-4
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

SupBro Posted at 1-31 11:42
Thanks for sharing your experience, i think this is the only way that DJI can learn. I kicked around buying one.. but I knew it wasnt for me. I'm happy with my Mavic 2.

I cant see many reasons on why to add a Mini to an M2P unless you have absolutely no space. The 2Pro/Zoom aren't exactly huge. Even so, leaving features aside the restrictions in even average winds with the Mini would probably preclude it as a travel drone for me.

2020-2-5
Use props
SupBro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

*DM* Posted at 2-5 00:17
I cant see many reasons on why to add a Mini to an M2P unless you have absolutely no space. The 2Pro/Zoom aren't exactly huge. Even so, leaving features aside the restrictions in even average winds with the Mini would probably preclude it as a travel drone for me.

Yeah i agree, unless you're a DJI fanboy.
2020-2-5
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

*DM* Posted at 2-5 00:17
I cant see many reasons on why to add a Mini to an M2P unless you have absolutely no space. The 2Pro/Zoom aren't exactly huge. Even so, leaving features aside the restrictions in even average winds with the Mini would probably preclude it as a travel drone for me.

Yeah. The more i get used to it and the more i fly with it, the more i realize that the Mini is really horrible, even in pretty little wind scenarios.
I'm more often afraid that something horrible happens to it, than I trust it, that it can handle the situation.

And I'm really starting to worry about, if this little Drone really can fulfil my wishes, like taking some shots when on vacation near the ocean or at some mountains and so on, since it really struggled already today when there was nearly no wind.

I don't need shots from like 100 meters heights.

Maybe I'm just a little over-sensitive to how it looks and sounds when the mini compensates the winds and everything is fine and totally normal. I don't know. We will see probably in Summer when I'm at some beach/coast/mountain area.

I really hope it can do it.
2020-2-5
Use props
Occams Razor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 423497 ft
United States

In the end, a relatively low price to pay to learn about the MM and what you do/don't want in a drone.  Personally, I waited a couple of months to assess reviews and forum postings to understand the strengths and weaknesses.   Now that I have a good understanding, I just purchased a Mini a few days ago for overseas travel.  
2020-2-5
Use props
JMynes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228012 ft
United States

I’ve had my Mini for almost a month, and so far it does everything I expected it to do.
Having said that, I would like to have follow me tracking ability, and obstacle avoidance, but to squeeze that in and keep it under 250g might not be feasible.
It is what it is, you either like it or don’t.
2020-2-5
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

mAIRs Posted at 2-4 16:29

Don't like Autel.. try Skydio 2 if you want any notion of customer and hardware support... if you dont care about support than stick to "we're working on it thank for your understanding" nothing responses DJI.

The reviews on youtube are simply side to side auto settings. Thew reviewer actually didn't side with either drone but it was obvious the MP2 footage was far superior in all the footage. The evo didn't even hold the clouds in the sky it was completely washed out.

You obviously have something against DJI. I'm just commenting on what I have seen between the two drones. You don't have to look hard on youtube to see what drone produces better footage.
2020-2-5
Use props
Dronehiker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71237 ft
Portugal

Mavic Mini was also very disappointing to me. Good luck with your next drone.
2020-2-6
Use props
MB Dronie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44970 ft

Portugal

mAIRs Posted at 2-4 16:29

Don't like Autel.. try Skydio 2 if you want any notion of customer and hardware support... if you dont care about support than stick to "we're working on it thank for your understanding" nothing responses DJI.

Too bad Skydio is only available in the US
2020-2-6
Use props
MB Dronie
lvl.1

Portugal

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2-4 20:37
Ultimately if dji has failed u....what other drone can u get in the price range u spent with similar specs? I don't think there is anything right now.... Your expectations seemed a little high for a 450$ drone.... and that's fine that is your choice.  maybe you should try to go for a mavic 2 or something?

Hi, thanks I have been looking to Anafi probably it’s more suited to the use I want to give to my drone. I will wait also to check Zino 2. Some reviews will be showing up soon and perhaps this would be a good choice also
2020-2-6
Use props
MB Dronie
lvl.1

Portugal

Occams Razor Posted at 2-5 11:45
In the end, a relatively low price to pay to learn about the MM and what you do/don't want in a drone.  Personally, I waited a couple of months to assess reviews and forum postings to understand the strengths and weaknesses.   Now that I have a good understanding, I just purchased a Mini a few days ago for overseas travel.

You’re right. All in all and even selling it, not a bad business at all. Showed me that the Mini wasn’t the one for me. Even for traveling there’s nothing in the mini that would make me buy it again. I am quite fit and can carry a heavier drone in my backpack so the reduced weight of the mini means nothing to me. I will wait until April/May to decide on my new purchase. Thanks for your feedback.
2020-2-6
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

deathsquad Posted at 2-5 17:23
The reviews on youtube are simply side to side auto settings. Thew reviewer actually didn't side with either drone but it was obvious the MP2 footage was far superior in all the footage. The evo didn't even hold the clouds in the sky it was completely washed out.

You obviously have something against DJI. I'm just commenting on what I have seen between the two drones. You don't have to look hard on youtube to see what drone produces better footage.

Damn straight I have something against a company which is neglecting software updates on accessories which are supposed to be "Professional" equipment, allowing the general public to fly with buggy, and potentially dangerous UAVs..
2020-2-7
Use props
Radarius
lvl.1
New Zealand

So if it's so bad, what's the alternative that is so much better?
2020-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules