Mavic Mini Problem
22260 37 2020-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jaskafin
lvl.1

Finland

My remote says that "RC not connected to mobile phone". App is DJI fly app. My phone is Samsung S7 and i have tried to connect remote to Oneplus 6 too but it says same. Both phones have different connection wire so wire is not the problem. Its remote. Can anyone say what is the problem. I have made one 30sec test flight with it and next bay it did not to the connection. When bindet it the rwd light started blick after binding.
2020-2-1
Use props
Chazerix
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I had this same problem yesterday with my iPhone X. It connected fine the first time, but soon lost connection. I saw there was a software update for the drone that addressed erratic linking so I downloaded it to the aircraft and it seemed to fix the problem. The hard part is getting it to connect long enough to take the download. I ended up using an old iPad Mini (which connected fine each time) to connect to the aircraft and download the update. Now my iPhone connects to the MM every time.
2020-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jaskafin. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refresh the firmware of both the DJI Mavic Mini aircraft and the remote controller and please try to link them once again after this process please unplug and replug the USB cable on the mobile device and see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted and thank you.
2020-2-1
Use props
Jaskafin
lvl.1

Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-1 09:09
Hello and good day Jaskafin. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refresh the firmware of both the DJI Mavic Mini aircraft and the remote controller and please try to link them once again after this process please unplug and replug the USB cable on the mobile device and see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted and thank you.

How i do the hard reset for them both...
2020-2-1
Use props
p1hill
lvl.2
Flight distance : 349846 ft
United States

Hi,
Launch the DJI Fly app and go to 'Profile'->'Settings'.  From there, you can check for firmware updates and/or enable the Auto Download capability.
2020-2-7
Use props
Cryptic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1516709 ft
United States

I would check the firmwear.
2020-2-20
Use props
Jaskafin
lvl.1

Finland

I got new Mini so problem solved.  Got email couple days ago and it said that remote was broken inside.
2020-2-20
Use props
djiuser_e3arNfXDRZUy
lvl.1

India

I'm having an issue too with the binding process...
My mini isn't binding to my controller...
Tried binding, software updation then binding, but nothing happens... they aren't binding to each other...
2020-7-20
Use props
djiuser_e3arNfXDRZUy
lvl.1

India

Tried binding, software updation then binding, but nothing happens... they aren't binding to each other...
Someone please help me...
2020-7-20
Use props
djiuser_e3arNfXDRZUy
lvl.1

India

Someone please help me...
2020-7-20
Use props
djiuser_BVERIy6lQwIU
New

Pakistan

Hello dji team
  My “aircraft is not not connected” what i do  
2020-7-27
Use props
LPCC
New
Flight distance : 15682 ft
Portugal

Bought the Dji Mavic Mini yesterday and no connection using P30Pro... installed DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic, made a refresh from the last firmware on the Drone and remote control and no connection is possible...

It seems that is a problem from dji and not from users. Its sad to be like this..
2020-7-28
Use props
djiuser_lb3mvHwtDd6b
New

Peru

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-1 09:09

How can I update the firmware if it doesn't even connect to the drone
2020-7-29
Use props
djiuser_PBFKEGTb9ydH
New

United States

Exact same issue, can't get it to fly or even respond. Remote never connects even after a manual link. And DJI support ran out of help after saying to just restart my phone and reinstall the app. So I have to refund my fly more bundle that never flew.
2020-7-29
Use props
LPCC
New
Flight distance : 15682 ft
Portugal

LPCC Posted at 7-28 02:20
Bought the Dji Mavic Mini yesterday and no connection using P30Pro... installed DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic, made a refresh from the last firmware on the Drone and remote control and no connection is possible...

It seems that is a problem from dji and not from users. Its sad to be like this..

I connect the first time the drone and the with remote control using an Iphone11 and since then no problem using P30Pro...It's strange but worked.
2020-8-6
Use props
Pillai
New
Flight distance : 201224 ft
Canada

I'm not able to connect my RC with my mobile .. @DJI can you please help
2020-10-14
Use props
woods
New

United States

Same thing with mine. It takes multiple tries and a long time each flight to get the controller and MM to connect to each other. Then the DJI Fly App shuts down and start all over again
2020-10-15
Use props
sreeragm
lvl.4

India

Hey you can fix the problem by downloading a specific app that connect the drone to the remote.
2020-10-19
Use props
DutchAmrerican Fiester
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328163 ft
Turkey

Seems this is a major problem, I did all updates as they came tried other apps, wrote DJI there answer to reinstall via computer, did that some function looked better but actually made things worse, with connection issue not very safe to try & fly ..! New 1.5 month old drone still not working after everything, now finally found an authorized DJI shop to have them look at it..see what they say lol
IMG_20201108_120700.jpg
IMG_20201108_120146.jpg
2020-11-8
Use props
djiuser_wYbj5aXDXUMw
New

United States

I just bought my dji mavic mini bundle from Costco a few days ago and been trying to connect/sync/pair the ac to rc. i have charged both batteries to full capacity n the remote too before attempting to do so. I also updated the firmware on both through DJI Assistant 2 but still no luck. Also i noticed my phone Samsung Note 8  when running the DJI fly app shows RC not connected to mobile in red. I've read and watched videos of assorted ways of pairing both.  

I need help!
2020-11-11
Use props
djiuser_3cuv9UG3dLvO
lvl.1

United Kingdom

i am having issue with connecting DJI Fly app to the DJI mini 2 remote controller.
Error : RC not connected to mobile phone
I tried it on multiple mobile phones and its just have the same error.  Checked that USB debugging is on and mobile was rebooted. I have also tried using different cable.
According to other forum online, it seems that the android mobile should automatically charge when its connected to the RC ?
Does it means I have a faulty remote controller ?
2020-12-5
Use props
djiuser_r2Vh7D1AKcSM
lvl.1
United States

Just purchased this Mini 2 and have wasted 6 hours trying to connect RC to drone.
Followed the startup instructions to the letter and still no success.
Watched videos and scoured the 'net for help articles.
So far the only realistic remedy would be to update the firmware...but this doesn't make sense because the RC has to be connected in order to update the firmware!!
It seems risky to rely on an unstable RC to drone connection signal that is unreliable...what if connection is lost mid-flight?  Yes, bye-bye Mini 2.
I'm not impressed and will be returning this purchase.
2020-12-8
Use props
djiuser_G1t0PqqKLStx
New

Australia

LPCC Posted at 7-28 02:20
Bought the Dji Mavic Mini yesterday and no connection using P30Pro... installed DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic, made a refresh from the last firmware on the Drone and remote control and no connection is possible...

I am having this exact same problem. I have contacted DJI every day for 3 weeks and they don't want to know, they have zero comeback.
This is clearly something they are trying to hide as it's hundreds of posts I have seen alone l.

I am going to do a YouTube video and expose them for treating us like fools and making it IMPOSSIBLE to get help with. It's false advertisement too saying the P30 pro is compatible which is ILLEGAL!

Please email me or send me a PM if you are frustrated and angry like me. Together we can get the justice we deserve for all the time they have wasted of ours.

Sam
2020-12-11
Use props
djiuser_eodX3bUJrJKA
New

Australia

djiuser_r2Vh7D1AKcSM Posted at 12-8 07:29
Just purchased this Mini 2 and have wasted 6 hours trying to connect RC to drone.

I’m having the same problem.
2020-12-18
Use props
djiuser_lf6M1i7XjB6L
New

Mauritius

Im having problem to connect my control with my mavic mini
Ive tried it with Iphone 6 and Iphone SE 2020 and evn a samsung note 9
But each time it says RC NOT CONNECTED
What should i do please
2020-12-20
Use props
djiuser_SAI1lGYUQpHo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6719 ft
United States

Same problem here.  I have 2 brand new mavic mini 2 and they dont connect after hours of research, nothing has worked.  Its unbelievably frustrating and sad.
2020-12-26
Use props
djiuser_SAI1lGYUQpHo
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_r2Vh7D1AKcSM Posted at 12-8 07:29

Im currently going through the same horror.  At this point, i too, have to return 2 mavic mini 2s.  Something is not right with some of the products they are selling.  
2020-12-27
Use props
djiuser_SAI1lGYUQpHo
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_lf6M1i7XjB6L Posted at 12-20 01:22
Im having problem to connect my control with my mavic mini
Ive tried it with Iphone 6 and Iphone SE 2020 and evn a samsung note 9
But each time it says RC NOT CONNECTED

Me too.  Nothing im trying has worked.
2020-12-27
Use props
djiuser_SAI1lGYUQpHo
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_wYbj5aXDXUMw Posted at 11-11 16:38
I just bought my dji mavic mini bundle from Costco a few days ago and been trying to connect/sync/pair the ac to rc. i have charged both batteries to full capacity n the remote too before attempting to do so. I also updated the firmware on both through DJI Assistant 2 but still no luck. Also i noticed my phone Samsung Note 8  when running the DJI fly app shows RC not connected to mobile in red. I've read and watched videos of assorted ways of pairing both.  

I need help!

Me too.  Im horrified.
2020-12-27
Use props
Jakinakrak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15892 ft
United States

great info
2021-1-9
Use props
Raph 69
lvl.1
France

Same problem. I opened a thread too https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=234843
2021-2-1
Use props
SkyWalker99
lvl.1
United States

Fixed -this was user error -I can admit it.  The issues was the cable plug was not FIRMLY PUSHED into my cell phone!  It requires a bit of effort to fully plug in the connection.  Be firm, don't worry this RC is robust!
2021-2-1
Use props
SkyWalker99
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_SAI1lGYUQpHo Posted at 2020-12-27 11:47
Im currently going through the same horror.  At this point, i too, have to return 2 mavic mini 2s.  Something is not right with some of the products they are selling.

My issue was fixed / self resolved.  This was user error on my part -I can admit it.  The issue was the cable plug was not FIRMLY PUSHED into my cell phone!  It requires a bit of effort to fully plug in the connection.  Be firm, don't worry this RC is robust!
2021-2-1
Use props
djiuser_lHQY1H1WnRya
New

Ireland

SkyWalker99 Posted at 2-1 07:55
My issue was fixed / self resolved.  This was user error on my part -I can admit it.  The issue was the cable plug was not FIRMLY PUSHED into my cell phone!  It requires a bit of effort to fully plug in the connection.  Be firm, don't worry this RC is robust!

Had the same issue, nearly gave up but the checked android phone settings and found that usb was set for charging only, changed it to charging and data transfer problem solved immediately
2021-2-28
Use props
JsCoelho83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136089 ft
Portugal

Good Morning
Thanks in advance for your attention

I have a DJI Mavic mini that works very well, but I intend to use it with a Tablet and I bought a support and 20 cm and 30 cm cables, however I can't make them work.
I've already tested the same cables on another Mavic mini and they work fine, I've tested my smartphone on another Mavic mini with the same cables and it also worked without problems.
So I came to the conclusion that the problem is my Remote Control being that the firmware version is the same as the Remote Control of the other Mavic mini I've tested, that is, the firmware versions of the remote controls and the Drones are the same, already I refreshed my remote control firmware and it remains the same, it just indicates that the smartphone is not connected to the remote control.
Note: with the original cables it works fine, without any problem, the Drone is new the USB plug is new without any problems.

RC Firmware: 01.00.0500

What should I do?
Has anyone encountered this problem?

Thanks
2021-6-9
Use props
JsCoelho83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136089 ft
Portugal

JsCoelho83 Posted at 6-9 06:29
Good Morning