Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My front propeller keeps hitting the "leg" and the body of the drone
7121 23 2020-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mar71n
lvl.2
Austria

As the title says, my drone sometimes does that. I see black spots on it and the propellers are damaged. It is always the same side, the right front side. When it happens and the drone is close enough, I hear a slap from it. It seems like this kind of behavior happens more likely when going up / down, especially when I provoke it by going full tilt up in sports mode and then changing rapidly to full tilt down.
The damage of the propellers looks always the same. What can I do? Am I doing something wrong?

Here are some pictures: IMG_7776.jpg

The set of propellers: IMG_7780.jpg

And the front view: IMG_7777.jpg
2020-2-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may have to get that front arm replaced, especially if this is a 2nd or 3rd set of blades to hit the body.
2020-2-1
Use props
mar71n
lvl.2
Austria

Am I supposed to do that by myself, or does this fall under some kind of warranty?
2020-2-1
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

This is a design issue with the a Mini, there are a number of pilots reporting this issue on Mavic Pilots forum, my own Mini props hit the body in high winds also.
2020-2-1
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

I would say it’s clearly a warranty issue
2020-2-1
Use props
Star54
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 2-1 04:17
I would say it’s clearly a warranty issue

Same issue, opposite side.
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... dn%E2%80%99t.79815/
2020-2-1
Use props
Star54
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Star54 Posted at 2-1 05:23
Same issue, opposite side.
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/pay-attention-i-didn%E2%80%99t.79815/

And more than likely, the op’s screws that hold those damaged props on are bent. Look at the last picture.
2020-2-1
Use props
mar71n
lvl.2
Austria

Star54 Posted at 2-1 05:29
And more than likely, the op’s screws that hold those damaged props on are bent. Look at the last picture.

Every time that I changed them, I used new screws. And for example, yesterday  I did that, completely new screws, new props.
One flight today of ~20 mins and thats how they look after that.
2020-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day mar71n. I am sorry to read and to know the issue that your DJI Mavic Mini is having right now. I would recommend you contact our DJI support team for further assistance with regards to this matter at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the said issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided for you. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your support.
2020-2-1
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Romania

mar71n Posted at 2-1 07:44
Every time that I changed them, I used new screws. And for example, yesterday  I did that, completely new screws, new props.
One flight today of ~20 mins and thats how they look after that.

Probably didn't line the screws up correctly and with force screwed them in, cross threading the screw at an angle,  the angled screw angled the propellers into the body
2020-2-1
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow,  That ain't right!!  That is a safety hazard.

Start a case......

Randy
2020-2-1
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

How do you store your Mini while you carry it around ? MM propellers are ultralight to cope with the drone weight limits, so you need to be extra careful.

Your props look quite damaged and you should change them before the next flight. Also the base might become susceptible of some play because of wear.

That's why in the Fly More Combo you get spares... get yourself at least two complete sets and keep one in stock... it's regular maintenance for a drone user to inspect and change the propellers.
2020-2-2
Use props
mar71n
lvl.2
Austria

m80116 Posted at 2-2 16:40
How do you store your Mini while you carry it around ? MM propellers are ultralight to cope with the drone weight limits, so you need to be extra careful.

Your props look quite damaged and you should change them before the next flight. Also the base might become susceptible of some play because of wear.

I have a bag for the drone, not the original one because sadly I didn't get the fly-more combo (has 1-2 months shipping delay here), but I think it does the job aswell.
And for the props, I obviously exchange them after they look like this. However its just annoying that they get to this state so fast while the other 3 pairs don't.
2020-2-3
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I've done 78.6 Km in 11.1h in 85 flights... my MM props still look perfect and never impacted the body.
2020-2-3
Use props
mar71n
lvl.2
Austria

m80116 Posted at 2-3 15:22
I've done 78.6 Km in 11.1h in 85 flights... my MM props still look perfect and never impacted the body.

That is good for you, and it makes me optimistic, that there is flawless drones out there aswell.

However I am pretty certain that I'm not doing anything wrong here.
2020-2-4
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Carbon fiber props would solve this but I think the lack of flex can induce vibrations.
2020-2-4
Use props
Buffalosoldier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3 ft
Ireland

lannes Posted at 2-1 17:39
Probably didn't line the screws up correctly and with force screwed them in, cross threading the screw at an angle,  the angled screw angled the propellers into the body

That prop looks tilted to the side allright
2020-2-4
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

I came across these on eBay while searching for something else...  they are listed as "Propeller Scratch proof Metal Motor Case",  about $10 for a set of 4. Not sure how they perform and they will likely push the MM over the 250g limit, but I thought it was worth sharing, in case someone has the same problem as the OP and is looking for options.

2020-2-25
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Very odd. Contact DJI it seems it could be a fault with the arm.
2020-2-25
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

I posted this a while back. First, it hit the body on the right. 2 replacements fixed it. Then it started hitting the body on the left. 1 replacement fixed that. I did think about asking DJI to pay for the props I used but it was so cheap so I just let it go.  2 months later til now, it has not bugged me again. Will keep watching. Try some replacement first, if it does not work you can definitely get the unit replaced.
2020-2-25
Use props
czexican
New
Flight distance : 105075 ft
Czechia

Hello all I have also this issue, did anyone got replacement from DJI? I was asked to send it to Netherlands for checking?
2020-3-19
Use props
mar71n
lvl.2
Austria

czexican Posted at 3-19 02:13
Hello all I have also this issue, did anyone got replacement from DJI? I was asked to send it to Netherlands for checking?

I ended up sending it in and they repaired it, cost ~120€ and they blamed it on me (claimed that I crashed it)
2020-3-19
Use props
czexican
New
Flight distance : 105075 ft
Czechia

No way, if you crash it has to be broken, but if it was not broken, how they could blame you?
Obviously the arm is made from very flexible plastic and that is the problem. Im not sure if I will send it now, I rather fight with my local reseler that its not good piece.
2020-3-19
Use props
mar71n
lvl.2
Austria

czexican Posted at 3-19 02:28
No way, if you crash it has to be broken, but if it was not broken, how they could blame you?
Obviously the arm is made from very flexible plastic and that is the problem. Im not sure if I will send it now, I rather fight with my local reseler that its not good piece.

They put themself in a very strong position since they charge 50€ for inspection anyways, so you can choose to not get it fixed and get it back or you just pay and are finished with it.
The local reseller is definitely a better choice since this falls (here where I come from atleast) under some kind of warranty.
And in my case, my motors were not exactly straight is what they said. maybe you could even bend them a little in order to stop this issue from happening (the distance between the plastic and this round thing should be the same all around, in my case it wasn't.
2020-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules