Do you create content for 21:9 Aspect Ratio and Ultrawide monitors?
7976 5 2020-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mini-G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,

I just wanted to share a video I created using a 21:9 aspect ratio exporting from Premiere Pro.

The video was originally shot at 3840 x 2160 and then I created a custom sequence in Premiere using the Frame settings of 3440 x 1440, which is the same dimension as my monitor.
The result of using these setting has resulted with the video filling the screen completely and has avoided adding tiny black bars above and below the image. This method doesn't add simulated black bars, which seems to be a thing for people to have a cinematic feel. You will have to manually move the x,y Position of your video to fit in the frame, only if there is something you specifically framed in shot when taking the video.

There is a mathematical method of find out the equivallent of 21:9 and I'll post the link to that video below.

IMO, I think its a fantastic settings/format to work in if you are editing on a ultrawide monitor. The advantages are that if fills the screen on ultrawide monitors, which I never really considered until getting on and the imersive experience is great. In regards to most 16:9 monitors, it will automatically add the blackbars and give you that cinematic feel.

Please let me know what you think?

My first Ultrawide video (go to YouTube for best results) - Also Take 2 with Sound.

https://youtu.be/IIC_Zzt1M1A

Resources:

Stan Arthur - Premiere Pro: 21:9 vs. 16:9 Get the Screen Aspect Ratio You Want Without Exporting Black Bars

https://youtu.be/bcQaLx4oFHw

Adam Taylor - You're doing "Cinematic" aspect ratios ALL WRONG!

https://youtu.be/H851a7hEjDQ
2020-2-2
Use props
andyandcats
New

United States

Thanks for the explanations. I want to edit my Mavic Air footage to fill my ultrawide LG 3440x1440 monitor. I'm never going back to 16:9 again. Unfortunately all my Mavic Air footage in various countries I traveled to was shot in 2k, so I believe I'm out of luck.
2020-9-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many thanks for sharing
2020-9-24
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

A J Posted at 9-24 13:03
Many thanks for sharing

No probs!

Thanks for reading
2020-12-5
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

andyandcats Posted at 9-7 00:09
Thanks for the explanations. I want to edit my Mavic Air footage to fill my ultrawide LG 3440x1440 monitor. I'm never going back to 16:9 again. Unfortunately all my Mavic Air footage in various countries I traveled to was shot in 2k, so I believe I'm out of luck.

Please post some of your shots!
I’m sure it’s awesome!
2020-12-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini-G Posted at 12-5 06:41
No probs!

Thanks for reading