Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
4k Timelapse / Hyperlapse on the Osmo Pocket
2077 5 2020-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
christianbrucki
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1847 ft
Germany

I am wondering why the DJI Osmo Pocket does only support 1080p for Hyperlapse and Timelapse Videos instead of 4K. Even the Osmo Action can shoot Hyperlapse and Timelapse Videos in 4K, so why does the Osmo Pocket as well?  
2020-2-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. The reason for this is because of the hardware limitation, the DJI Osmo Pocket only designed to shoot a Hyperlapse and Timelapse for 1080p. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2020-2-2
Use props
christianbrucki
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1847 ft
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-2 07:53
Hi, thank you for reaching out. The reason for this is because of the hardware limitation, the DJI Osmo Pocket only designed to shoot a Hyperlapse and Timelapse for 1080p. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!

But how can it not be possible? If I just keep record a long video in the and speed it up in post after it, I have a 4K timelapse as well. And instead of recording at 25 fps it should be for example possible to record a video with only 5 fps which is played back at 25 fps then.  
2020-2-2
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

A time lapse and a sped up video are different.
2020-2-2
Use props
PictualPhoto
lvl.1

South Africa

I don't see any excuse, its only software.
2021-10-22
Use props
PictualPhoto
lvl.1

South Africa

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-2-2 07:53
Hi, thank you for reaching out. The reason for this is because of the hardware limitation, the DJI Osmo Pocket only designed to shoot a Hyperlapse and Timelapse for 1080p. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!

The hardware should be able to handle it.
2021-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules