735 3 2020-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rincewind
lvl.4
  • >>>
Taiwan

Hi there!

So, I've been looking for a long time for a good portable gimbal for my rx100 VII, and after testing several, it looks like the Ronin sc is my best option. Everything works perfectly, except that during time lapse no pictures are being actually taken. The device actually pulls focus, but no picture is made (i.e. it behaves as if it would only half-press the shutter button).

The guys at the syntrend dji store here in Taipei were absolutely awesome, and we tested different settings for the shutter, autofocus, and so on for hours (big shout-out to the guys there, absolutely awesome shop!). However, we did not have any success, even though, from contacting dji support, they said the camera should work "out of the box".

Does anybody have any experience with that combo? Can anybody provide any help as to what's happening?

BTW, here is what we tested:
1. All focus modes (automatic, single, and continuous autofocus, manual focus, and single assisted autofocus, or whatever it's called)
2. Two different multi to Sony cables.
3. Setting the camera to all photo modes prior to starting the time lapse.
4. Setting drive mode to single and to several.
5. Turning interval shooting on on the camera, and settting the timing on the camera to the same settings as the Ronin app time lapse.
6. Updating gimbal to latest firmware

Thanks again for your help!

2020-2-2
Use props
Rincewind
lvl.4
  • >>>
Taiwan

Ok so, for anybody that might be interested in the topic, I managed to get it working. Here are the settings:
Shutter button behavior should be default (i.e. red button in the back for movies, big black one on the top for photos).
Focus should be set to either manual, or continuous.
Mode wheel does not matter for video, but should be set to your favorite photo mode for time lapse.

And that's it. Now it works like a charm!

And that's it!
2020-2-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Glad to know you have figured it out by yourself, thanks for sharing, it must be very useful for other users who have the same concerns, hope you enjoy filming with Ronin-SC.
2020-2-4
Use props
Rincewind
lvl.4
  • >>>
Taiwan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-4 21:32
Glad to know you have figured it out by yourself, thanks for sharing, it must be very useful for other users who have the same concerns, hope you enjoy filming with Ronin-SC.

No worries, Mindy. I actually had opened a ticket with DJI support, where I reported my findings and suggested that some info relating to this issue should be added to the camera compatibility list. It's really just a couple of little things, but with how confusing Sony menus can be, it just takes forever to go through all possible settings combinations.
Perhaps you could also pass it on to whoever is responsible for that list?
2020-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules