1351 11 2020-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
k_hargy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51624 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone see stuttering / missing frames for the first few seconds when they play this clip? At first I thought it was just a playback issue but now I think there's an actual issue with the recording. Has anyone else seen anything like this? Any ideas what might cause it? (Note the file is around 200MB, it’s the original file from the Action)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/npkkryqmyrea1eb/DJI_0971.MP4.zip?dl=0
2020-2-2
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

As  isee the crane land it is pixalting, to me that is not Normal at all.   what SDXC card were you using and where  do you think the file was in the car at teh beginning middle end?  I save the files off the card, do a full format and see if it   cleans up the sectors. could be  the card was bufferingto a counterfiet, enver know.   not the Norm if asked.
2020-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day k_hargy. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the recordings of your DJI Osmo Action. May we know what is the model of the SD card you are using on your DJI Osmo Action and kindly please try to reformat the said SD card as said by Fishycomics on post #2. Just a reminder to please save all the important file you have on the SD card before pushing through with reformatting it. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2020-2-2
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

a  incamera quick format is not what you want to do, place in a computer and do a full format.  

2020-2-2
Use props
k_hargy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I'm using Samsung 128GB EVO. I'll give reformatting a try, but since it doesn't happen on every clip it'll be hard to tell if there is still an issue or not.
2020-2-2
Use props
k_hargy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I still need to do some more tests but I'm starting to think it's not the SD card...
  • I was able to produce it on a 2nd SD card (although same brand/size)
  • It always happens at the first couple seconds of video. If the SD card was bad I'd expect the issues to show up randomly.
  • The "bad" parts aren't completly missing or pixelated.When I play it in VLC it's glitchy the first play though but then plays fine other times. Also the example clip I posted was 240fps, when I render it at 30fps in Premiere it plays smoothly in slow motion.
I'll post some more examples later (I didn't try formatting the "bad" SD card yet cause I want to be able to test it against a "good" one)

2020-2-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

If you  are  saying that the original DJI file is glitchy or the rendered file? if you are rendering then that be something with your editor .
2020-2-3
Use props
k_hargy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 2-3 05:48
If you  are  saying that the original DJI file is glitchy or the rendered file? if you are rendering then that be something with your editor .

The file I uploaded is the original and IS glitchy but after I slow it down it is NOT gltchy which is weird to me.
2020-2-3
Use props
k_hargy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

https://www.dropbox.com/s/03stn4xj12vl9hd/DJI_0971_slow.mp4.zip?dl=0
2020-2-3
Use props
id4alexey
lvl.4

Russia

The first file is 240 frame per second with bitrate 100 Mbit/sec -
I do not know the player which can play such files.
The second file is 30 frame per second with bitrate 16 Mbit/sec -
It can be played by any player.
I use slowmotion mode for slowmotion video. In that mode we get
the file 30 frame per second with bitrate 100 Mbit/sec - it can be played
by player and used for editing.
2020-2-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

thank you. so its an original file , understand now.    sorry if I was confused?
2020-2-3
Use props
id4alexey
lvl.4

Russia

It is not the ordinary video mode
2020-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules