Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Pro battery issue
902 13 2020-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Franko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23255 ft
United States

So I havent used my Phantom 4 in several months. I fully charged the 3 batteries and set them at the optium discharge rate for storage. Today I decided its time to fly again. I pulled all batteries from the case. 2 had low charge and one (the newest battery of the 3) battery #3 was completely dead. The lights will not come on, nothing happens when pushing the button and it will not take a charge or does nothing when plugged in. This battery is just oround a year old and had only been fully charged 4 or 5 times.
Can anyone tell me why this battery will not take a charge or is unresponsive even after I leave it plugged in for a good a while? There is no way a $200 battery should be useless after a year and being used, maintained  and stored corectly.
Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Frank-
2020-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Frank. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to leave the said battery in the charger for at least 5 minutes for it to be revived and to see if it will charge. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-2-2
Use props
Franko
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-2 09:47
Hello and good day Frank. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to leave the said battery in the charger for at least 5 minutes for it to be revived and to see if it will charge. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi Stephen, yup tried it for 40 minutes and nothing. Surprisingly the older batteries that
I used frequently have no issues. I guess I will have to start rotating them evenly and stop worrying about the number of times charged. I honestly thought less number of charges would be best for the battery. I guess I was wrong. I would have to say this must be a defective battery. Not sure what the warranty is on them but I may have to be a squeaky wheel.
2020-2-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

If it is in hibernation mode, what they say is to push the button, then sit it down  and don't touch it for at least 5 mins.  Then try to charge it.  This is how you supposedly wake it up.  Usually doesn't work though - from what I read in the forums.

Re storage, it's best to treat them like pet hamsters.  They don't require a lot of care, but you do need to check them every so often to be sure they're in the correct storage capacity - 30-50%.  If it dips below 30%, bring it back up to around 50%.  They will deplete themselves naturally so you need to keep an eye on them.  If you ignore them, they will deplete and eventually go to hibernation mode in a desperate attempt to save itself.  And then if it isn't revived in time, it will deplete completely and die.  

Good luck
2020-2-2
Use props
Franko
lvl.3
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2-2 11:35
If it is in hibernation mode, what they say is to push the button, then sit it down  and don't touch it for at least 5 mins.  Then try to charge it.  This is how you supposedly wake it up.  Usually doesn't work though - from what I read in the forums.

Re storage, it's best to treat them like pet hamsters.  They don't require a lot of care, but you do need to check them every so often to be sure they're in the correct storage capacity - 30-50%.  If it dips below 30%, bring it back up to around 50%.  They will deplete themselves naturally so you need to keep an eye on them.  If you ignore them, they will deplete and eventually go to hibernation mode in a desperate attempt to save itself.  And then if it isn't revived in time, it will deplete completely and die.  

OK I'm trying that now and yes I take very, very good care of all my equipment. Just weird that the older batteries have no issues but the newest one, the one i cared for the most does nothing.

I'll report back with the results.

Thank you
2020-2-2
Use props
Franko
lvl.3
United States

Nope, not a chance. I'm guessing the battery is good and its some DJI software/circuitry issue??? I'll give them a call when I get a chance to see what they will do for me. Theres no reason for a $200 battery should be junk after only a year. Lets face it, they sit on shelves in warehouses longer than that.

Thanks for your help
2020-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Franko Posted at 2-2 10:29
Hi Stephen, yup tried it for 40 minutes and nothing. Surprisingly the older batteries that
I used frequently have no issues. I guess I will have to start rotating them evenly and stop worrying about the number of times charged. I honestly thought less number of charges would be best for the battery. I guess I was wrong. I would have to say this must be a defective battery. Not sure what the warranty is on them but I may have to be a squeaky wheel.

Thank you for the additional information Frank you have shared with us. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the DJI Phantom 4 series intelligent flight battery guidelines and how to store them properly ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y+Guidelines+En.pdf ). Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-2-2
Use props
Franko
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-2 13:54
Thank you for the additional information Frank you have shared with us. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the DJI Phantom 4 series intelligent flight battery guidelines and how to store them properly ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/20170125/flight+battery+safety+guidelines/Phantom+4+Series+Intelligent+Flight+Battery+Safety+Guidelines+En.pdf ). Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you.
2020-2-2
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

IMHO,  Always a good idea to run them at least once a month.  Knowing it's hard to fly during winter, but maybe take the props off and  spin the motors occasionally,
2020-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome Franko. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-2-3
Use props
Franko
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-3 12:00
You are very much welcome Franko. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you and fly safe always.

Stephen is there contact info that I can check if the battery would be covered under warranty. Maybe a phone number or website . The battery is less than a year old with I believe only 4 or 5 charge cycles on it.
Thanks
2020-2-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Franko Posted at 2-17 09:32
Stephen is there contact info that I can check if the battery would be covered under warranty. Maybe a phone number or website . The battery is less than a year old with I believe only 4 or 5 charge cycles on it.
Thanks

Hello and good day Franko. Thank you fro reaching out and for the inquiry. I would recommend you contact our DJI support team with regards to this matter at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to help you further. We hope to hear from you as soon as possible and thank you for your support.
2020-2-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Franko Posted at 2-17 09:32
Stephen is there contact info that I can check if the battery would be covered under warranty. Maybe a phone number or website . The battery is less than a year old with I believe only 4 or 5 charge cycles on it.
Thanks

My understanding is the warranty on a battery is six months. Take a look - click on warranty period:

https://www.dji.com/service/policy
2020-2-18
Use props
Franko
lvl.3
United States

It's been months since i've been on here. Tried calling several times, impossible to get through. Emailed several times and never received a response. Just opened the drone case yesterday and my other 2 batteries, the older ones, are in perfect health. They were still holding a charge at more than half capacity. Haven't charged them since I originally posted this which leaves no doubt the 3rd battery, the new one with only 4 charge cycles was junk/defective.
2020-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules