Mavic Pro Platinum Flight distance
1484 6 2020-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_JcYlhVo1kNl6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75817 ft
United States

I have a week old Mavic Pro Platinum, live in residential area, houses, trees, street wires. I can’t get past .6 miles (1340 ft). What am I doing wrong. Our is it just what to expect given terrain/environment.

Thanks, john
2020-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day john. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to fly your DJI Mavic Pro Platinum in to a different location to see if the problem persists since there might be a possible interference that causing the said issue. Also, please note that magnetic interference can have a bad effect on image transmission and it can also cause disconnection. Please keep us posted fro further assistance. Thank you.
2020-2-2
Use props
Gazmg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

Checked your flight distance is not set to .6 miles ?
2020-2-9
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

6 miles are 9 km and not 7 km in manual descriped.
2020-7-26
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

Do you get any kind of error message?  Do you just start losing connection or does it come up and say maximum distance reached??
2020-7-28
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Peterx Posted at 7-26 23:32
6 miles are 9 km and not 7 km in manual descriped.

I did´´nt see the point before the 6 miles but 1 km is really too few distance for the platinum. What FW is on your system.
Did you have a check for the antennas on the RC yet.?
2020-7-30
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

line of sight is largely the greatest impediment .. if you are trying to 'shoot your signal' through a house.. heavy tree cover etc.. it won't work.. its wifi after all and while 2.4 has better penetration than 5.x .. its still not great

second is wifi congestion .. so when you are getting attenuation due to obstacles, now add co-channel interference and your signal to noise ratio goes to hell...

also, I see many people pointing their antennas the wrong way.. fist they don't point at the drone.. the antenna should be at a 90 deg angle to the drone... and when you get out even a couple thousand feet if you do simple math.. even at 300ft .. the angle above horizon is only a couple degrees yet I see people pointing their antennas up at 40 or 50 degrees and if you use reflectors or other range boosting signal narrowing devices.. that angle has to match closer...

lastly.. ALWAYS check space weather.. IE Kp levels .. I will not fly out very far over a Kp of 3-4 depending on sat geometry .. which is also space weather.. just because you have 9+ sats doesn't mean you have a good PDOP/HDOP ..

if any of these terms make you tilt your head like a dog watching TV.. do some research.. because these values are what your drone depends on for autopilot .. so .. be aware or you WILL have an ATTI MODE departure and your Mavic will bolt and fly away ... never to be seen again...

2020-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules