RC signal lost while in ATTI mode
1612 5 2020-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MicheleCaminati
lvl.1
Flight distance : 240266 ft
Italy

Just a simple question: most of the people set "return to Home" if RC signal is lost.

What if you lose GPS signal while flying and enter ATTI mode, and then you lose RC connection as well? What will the Mavic 2 try to do, if he can't find the way home with no GPS? Will it hover and wait, or land there immediately?

It will be helpful to know in case of this very unlucky sequence of events...
2020-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MicheleCaminati. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The ATTI mode can be activated manually using the remote controller or it can be triggered automatically if the drone would receive a low signal of GPS or when the compass experiences interference such as metal objects or radio frequency wherein the vision system is unavailable. The Smart RTH function can be used during the ATTI mode as long as the RC and aircraft are connected and the GPS signal is working fine. However, if the aircraft has disconnected to the remote controller, the action of the aircraft would depend on the settings that you have set in the DJI GO 4 application. Thank you.
2020-2-2
Use props
MicheleCaminati
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-2 14:36
Hello and good day MicheleCaminati. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The ATTI mode can be activated manually using the remote controller or it can be triggered automatically if the drone would receive a low signal of GPS or when the compass experiences interference such as metal objects or radio frequency wherein the vision system is unavailable. The Smart RTH function can be used during the ATTI mode as long as the RC and aircraft are connected and the GPS signal is working fine. However, if the aircraft has disconnected to the remote controller, the action of the aircraft would depend on the settings that you have set in the DJI GO 4 application. Thank you.

Sure, but my question is: if I set it to "return to home" what will the drone do if it's in ATTI mode because he doesn't have GPS signal during RC disconnection? How can he find his way back home? What will it do in that specific case?

Thanks,
Michele
2020-2-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MicheleCaminati Posted at 2-2 15:15
Sure, but my question is: if I set it to "return to home" what will the drone do if it's in ATTI mode because he doesn't have GPS signal during RC disconnection? How can he find his way back home? What will it do in that specific case?

Thanks,

Hi Michele,

In ATTI mode drone cannot use the RTH as it needs GPS data.
So in ATTI it will drift away on the current wind, some drone lands after few seconds, some fly bit longer to enter an autolandng.

It will not hover as for hovering it needs GPS data too.

cheers
JJB
cheers
JJB
2020-2-2
Use props
MicheleCaminati
lvl.1
Italy

JJB* Posted at 2-2 23:24
Hi Michele,

In ATTI mode drone cannot use the RTH as it needs GPS data.

Thanks, I understand. So it's not possible to know for how long it will fly before entering auto land... with winds it could be taken quite far that way! Well I guess if you lose RC connection when in ATTI you're very likely going to lose the drone
2020-2-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MicheleCaminati Posted at 2-3 01:32
Thanks, I understand. So it's not possible to know for how long it will fly before entering auto land... with winds it could be taken quite far that way! Well I guess if you lose RC connection when in ATTI you're very likely going to lose the drone

yep,

I know that a SPARK will autoland after few seconds when in ATTI with no connection to the RC

I do not know this for how a Mavic2, but yes,  probably hard to find....

cheers
JJB
2020-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules