1326 4 2020-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_XCFL0WEthJey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 160994 ft
Poland

Hello

Today I started my mavic mini after almost a month of not using it and unfortunately the the drone disappeared. I lost connection with the drone and it didn't return to home.

After about 10 minutes I went to search for it in the last known position, asked a few neighbors if it crashed in their garden but didn't find it. As it was at a relatively high attitude and moving fast I'm assuming that the drone kept on flying after I lost connection?  

How can I locate the drone now? I've only the last known position where the connection was lost and the "find my drone" option is also showing only that position.

Here is a link to the flight recording when it flew away: https://photos.app.goo.gl/QcUmJmsENeyZqmSS7

I assume that there might be 2 reasons for the crash:
  • strong wind, because there was a red wind warning just before it started flying away
  • compass error, because before the flight there was a red compass error and I had to calibrate it before take off

However for now I’m mainly looking forward to get/find my drone back… Is it even possible that the mavic was flying forward on it’s own after I lost connection??

2020-2-2
Use props
CuteBlastSamo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10686 ft
China

sorry for your lost. Hope you can find you drone soon.
2020-2-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we are so sorry for your loss. If your drone still under warranty, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis, we will help to check what happened and provide the proper resolution.
2020-2-2
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a sad situation in every Drone pilot's life, maybe DJI can help you with a new one.
2020-2-3
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hope you find it soon.
2020-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now