Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI TEMPORARY CLOSING
3541 21 2020-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Got this e-mail last week:

DJI China Closed
An official email was released today to some dealers stating that the DJI main headquarters in China will be closed for an extended time.  They list this date currently as February 10th.

As a DJI Enterprise dealer who receives finished goods directly from DJI this may cause interruptions in product availability especially with business level products like the Matrice and Mavic 2 Enterprise.

We suggest that customers looking to purchase in the new two months get orders in as soon as possible as manufacturing, processing and shipping may be problematic.

2020-2-2
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

oo, wonder whats going on
2020-2-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Darn just placed an order that I wanted for the end of the month.  Damn virus.
2020-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I spoke too soon, my order as partially shipped, although they didn't say which bits, but that at least means that the shipping department is open.
2020-2-3
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

February 10, 2020 they will close or they will open back up February 10, 2020?  Can you still use the apps even if you cannot log in if the DJI servers go completely down?
2020-2-3
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2-2 19:16
oo, wonder whats going on

Someone has successfully engineered the virus for China to go down and planted it at Wuhan to cover the tracks.  DJI has the best drones too.  I wonder if the price of tech made from China to go way up due to sparsity.

I thought the riots would cause China to go down but apparently a disease.  Disease was imo one of the lowest things to die from but my order is usually wrong.

I wonder if Chinese products could also be tainted by the Wuhan virus.

It could be the United States way for the start-ups making no money because Huawei taking all the tech.  The United States is super bankrupt.  Who knows what the future will bring.  I'm worried for the people not being able to get any food to eat.  The logistics are the reason why grocery stores stay alive but if people are scared to stock as they want to live, the people there are on their own.

The United States and EU has taken actions to get the people out but the in-born citizens are kind of screwed..  If people make into a better place after they've died then it was good they had no place to go to live longer despite the popular demand being, living as long as possible on Earth is the one and only way.
2020-2-3
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

You are in Chinese New Year ... Lantern Festival ... and the Virus attack ....

Our business has been similarly suspended due to these three items.

No wonder really.
2020-2-3
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 2-3 03:41
Someone has successfully engineered the virus for China to go down and planted it at Wuhan to cover the tracks.  DJI has the best drones too.  I wonder if the price of tech made from China to go way up due to sparsity.

I thought the riots would cause China to go down but apparently a disease.  Disease was imo one of the lowest things to die from but my order is usually wrong.

Shut up with your idiotic doom and gloom rantings.
2020-2-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Meanwhile in the USA, people are very concerned about this virus.  It's in the news.  It's on the websites.  It's on the front page of the print edition newspapers every day.  Three days ago, the feds have declared the coronavirus outbreak to be a public health emergency.  And I just heard that the 10th and 11th Coronavirus victims have been identified here.  No deaths yet.

Interestingly, nobody talks about the current flu virus in the USA  So far since flu season started on Oct 1, 26 million people have been infected, and 25 thousand of them have died.  I say again, twenty-five thousand people dead.  D-E-A-D.  DEAD.  And it ain't over.  

But the flu is boring.  So let's not worry about that.  Instead, all we hear about is coronavirus coronavirus coronavirus.  

The following article was buried on page A19 of the WP print edition Sunday morning:  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/h ... 848cde99_story.html
2020-2-3
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2-3 13:48
Meanwhile in the USA, people are very concerned about this virus.  I just heard that the 10th and 11th Coronavirus victims have been identified here.  No deaths yet.

Interestingly, nobody talks about the current flu virus in the USA  So far since flu season started on Oct 1, 26 million people have been infected, and 25 thousand of them have died.  I say again, twenty-five thousand people dead.  And it ain't over.  

Yep, the US news media twists things all out of proportion.   Best to not even watch it.
2020-2-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2-3 14:40
Yep, the US news media twists things all out of proportion.   Best to not even watch it.

Absolutely.  

Or read it.  Or listen to it.  

Or do so with great suspicion and distrust.  :-D  
2020-2-3
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Ah good point re virus outbreak (New year too), didnt think about that...

But seen as The World Health Organisation (WHO) estimates that an average of up to 500,000 people die annually across the globe due to the flu., this new one aint much of much really as yet is it? I suppose the death rate is higher being a ratio of 2.2% where as the common flu is inly 0.05%
2020-2-3
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2-3 20:00
Ah good point re virus outbreak (New year too), didnt think about that...

But seen as The World Health Organisation (WHO) estimates that an average of up to 500,000 people die annually across the globe due to the flu., this new one aint much of much really as yet is it? I suppose the death rate is higher being a ratio of 2.2% where as the common flu is inly 0.05%

What are you doin lounging about in Luxembourg?
2020-2-3
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

2020-2-3
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
France

Geebax Posted at 2-3 21:34
What are you doin lounging about in Luxembourg?

Ha, i wish, im  now using a VPN, since i had an email from a downloading watchdog group referencing me downloading an episode of The Swamp Thing last year, hey, they didnt mind the Justice League or all the major blockbusters just that one episode of Swamp Thing lol so, i am incognito now
2020-2-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2-7 19:32
Ha, i wish, im  now using a VPN, since i had an email from a downloading watchdog group referencing me downloading an episode of The Swamp Thing last year, hey, they didnt mind the Justice League or all the major blockbusters just that one episode of Swamp Thing lol so, i am incognito now

Try Zanzibar, it is nice at this time of the year
2020-2-7
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2-7 21:35
Try Zanzibar, it is nice at this time of the year

Ha ha ha, is it virus free though
2020-2-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2-8 18:44
Ha ha ha, is it virus free though

Yeah, I think you have to watch out for the Corollavirus, you catch it from Toyota cars.
2020-2-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
France

Geebax Posted at 2-8 20:42
Yeah, I think you have to watch out for the Corollavirus, you catch it from Toyota cars.

Or bubble wrap ;)
2020-2-10
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha BAMA,

My Brother-in-Law has a business in China and there are reports that people are being allowed to return to work next week.  Since the incubation period is two weeks, that sounds about right.  Anyway, Doors may be opening again soon!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-2-16
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2-16 22:17
Aloha BAMA,

My Brother-in-Law has a business in China and there are reports that people are being allowed to return to work next week.  Since the incubation period is two weeks, that sounds about right.  Anyway, Doors may be opening again soon!

Thanks for the heads up.  Hope all are ok!
2020-2-17
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2-17 05:41
Thanks for the heads up.  Hope all are ok!

Aloha BAMA,

This is an international virus, so remember, you have to cover your own okole to - or maybe I should say nose and mouth - just to be safe.  So many people from Hawai'i are stuck on ships and cities in quarantine.  What a bummer, and here we are having to deal with a company (DJI) that is suffering the effects of the virus in its workforce.

Well, as we say - persevere!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules