Live Unlocking
796 5 2020-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tandemist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 343084 ft
United States

Has anyone been able to use live unlocking on the Mini for authorization zones?

The Fly Safe section in the DJI website says that you can do live unlocking (on location) with the GO and GO 4 apps. No mention of the FLY app. Do we have to encourage DJI to implement live unlocking on the FLY app?

To make matters worse, you cannot use your phone to go to Fly Safe and get authorization.

2020-2-2
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

The 31 December 2019 Mavic Mini firmware update made that all possible to do.  A search of this forum should show a few threads with folks reporting that they have used it successfully.
2020-2-2
Use props
Jim_H
lvl.3
Flight distance : 787152 ft
Malaysia

I just got a mavic mini, also went through the hassle of going into the DJI website and apply for authorization for a place that's covered under the blue authorized zone, but for some reason it couldnt launch because i think the fly app couldnt update in time from the DJI website...

until i try launching the MM by pushing both of my sticks inward, then only it trigger the Fly App for self unlock...

So, you can give it a go and see how it goes...
2020-2-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Please update the firmware of both the DJI Mavic Mini with the firmware version of v01.00.0400 ( Added feature to unlock GEO zones (requires DJI Fly v1.0.4 or later ) and the DJI Fly application for you to be able to access the " unlock GEO zones " feature of the said drone. Please keep us posted for further assistance, Thank you.
2020-2-3
Use props
Tandemist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 343084 ft
United States

I have successfully done a live unlock.  

What I learned in this whole process is BE PATIENT!

It seemed to me to take more than a few seconds for all the back and forth transfer of information that must be necessary to provide authorization.

I felt that I had to agree, confirm, agree again, confirm, ad nauseum. Don't go flying the Mini until you're sure all the boxes have been checked and confirm/accept/agree have been pressed.
2020-2-6
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Don't forget to update batteries!!!
2020-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules