Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Which version is sold in Japan for Mini?
5381 5 2020-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SuP3R1oR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92457 ft
Thailand

Hello,

As I previously stated in my post I purchased Mavic Mini in Thailand (none of the stores specified what version it is) so it is EU version with limited range. Now I have a chance to return the item and get a refund (which ouch will take 20 working days).  I will be going to Japan next week I wanted to know if anyone here understands Japanese, knows, or lives there and can help me find out which version is sold there? FCC or CE version?

I hope that DJI can listen to customers and find a way (even for money) to resolve issue for many customers who are unable to buy or get official DJI in their country. For example if it is a hardware limit on a remote as it was said, being able to buy and pair remote from another version would be the ideal solution.

Thank you.
2020-2-3
Use props
Steven So
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10010 ft
Hong Kong

The regulation of Japan is tighter than other part of the world, the Japan limitation for drone is :
1. 2.4 GHz Signal only
2. 200g or below

As I know, Mavic Mini has two hardware versions :
1. Duo signal version : 5.8 GHz and 2.4 GHz (or CE version, mainly sold in Europe and Japan)
2. 5.8 GHz only version (or FCC version, mainly sold in other places such as  China, USA)

More, the Mavic Mini sold in Japan has a different battery to make the weight 199g, but the official flight time is reduced to 18min, instead of 30 min of 249g version.

Note that the signal strength of Duo signal (CE) version is reduced by DJI, as some Europe countries regulation limited the signal strength. So the control range and data transfer is poorer than the 5.8 GHz (FCC) version, even if you play outside these "limited countries" .

Only 5 countries over the world have the "limited to 2.4 GHz" regulation :  Japan, Russia, Israel, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan. If you are not going to play Mini in those countries, I am strongly recommend you buy a FCC version (Not considering warranty and repairing place here)

You can view the code printed on the package to buy the right version :
MT1SS5 (FCC version) and MT1SD25 (CE version)
2020-2-3
Use props
SuP3R1oR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92457 ft
Thailand

Steven So Posted at 2-3 23:16
The regulation of Japan is tighter than other part of the world, the Japan limitation for drone is :
1. 2.4 GHz Signal only
2. 200g or below

Thats the issue, the shop that I got it from online does not want to take it back because I opened i and flew it once. THey did not specify which model to they sell on their website, only today I discovered it is an EU version. Still trying to argue with them as their description was misleading.  
2020-2-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this query. When the DJI Mavic Mini is purchased from Japan it will be using the CE version. In addition, when the CE aircraft enters a country or region where 5.8 GHz is restricted, such as Japan, Russia, Israel, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan, DJI Fly will ban the 5.8 GHz according to the country code that has been identified and therefore users can only choose 2.4 GHz.  Thank you.
2020-2-4
Use props
fansbba94d81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 359800 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-2-4 09:04
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this query. When the DJI Mavic Mini is purchased from Japan it will be using the CE version. In addition, when the CE aircraft enters a country or region where 5.8 GHz is restricted, such as Japan, Russia, Israel, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan, DJI Fly will ban the 5.8 GHz according to the country code that has been identified and therefore users can only choose 2.4 GHz.  Thank you.

How can I purchase the Japanese version of the DJI mini 2 with prop guards that will meet category 1 of the new FAA part 107 ruling for flight over people
2021-4-21
Use props
fansbba94d81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 359800 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-2-4 09:04

How can I purchase the Japanese version of the DJI mini 2 with prop guards that will meet category 1 of the new FAA part 107 ruling for flight over people
2021-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules