Audio = UNUSABLE
531 5 2020-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nismode
lvl.1

United States

Piggybacking off this thread:

I have had my Osmo Pocket for a couepl months now aand have not had any problems with audio.  I just noticed that as of a couple of weeks ago all the audio on my video are horribly distored with tons of white noise and the volume on peoples vices being all messed up. Has any one had this happen. I have not dropped the POcket or gotten it wet, and i already reset it.  I am taking our first fmaily truip in a week and the whole reason i got the pocket was for this trip wth my kids... PLease someone help

I'm having the same issue it seems. Latest firmware, cycled through diff volume settings, with and without Wifi Adapter. Not covering the mics. Here's a sample video:

https://youtu.be/oG6wTOI7BOc

2020-2-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Have you tried to check if the firmware of the said gimbal is on it latest one. In addition the built-in microphones on the DJI Osmo Pocket adopt a noise-reduction algorithm. You can also connect an external microphone to the said camera by using the DJI Osmo Pocket 3.5mm Adapter for better sound recordings. Thank you.
2020-2-4
Use props
Nismode
lvl.1

United States

As I stated in the initial post, firmware is up to date on the gimbal. I understand there's a noise reduction algorithm, but even in relatively noiseless environments, the audio is just plain bad, muffled, and altogether unusable. Who do I speak with in regards to getting a replacement? It is laughable to suggest/upsell an accessory that is, in my opinion, poorly designed to remedy a shortcoming in a product.

What other solutions exist? As it stands now, the camera is unusable for anything involving capturing memories with sound.
2020-2-4
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

What memory card are you using?
2020-2-4
Use props
Nismode
lvl.1

United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 2-4 14:38
What memory card are you using?

I'm using a Sandisk Extreme Plus 64GB A2 V30 microSD card. Don't think that makes a difference, I've used other cards with the same issue
2020-2-4
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Nismode Posted at 2-4 15:46
I'm using a Sandisk Extreme Plus 64GB A2 V30 microSD card. Don't think that makes a difference, I've used other cards with the same issue

With video or photographic equipment sometimes the card type or how it is used can corruption of recorded material as these  types of files need to be recorded in contiguous blocks of memory, so for instance only deleting files from a card instead of formatting a card using the recording device after uploading files before can cause issues. Assuming you are formatting the card in the device after each use and before re-use I'm just checking that the speed of the device and the way it allocates space internally is sufficient to record such data at the rate needed to prevent corruption while recording.
If it is (and it seems to be) then it points to a degradation of the sound module chip in the Osmo Pocket.
This possibility has been reported in other threads on the forum in the past.  
2020-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules