829 2 2020-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IMMORTEN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 508940 ft

Denmark

Hello,

I have been experiencing some strange intermitten issue with my Inspire 1 V2 lately.

What happens is that after take off, suddenly out of the blue; it will give me a “Compass Error. Exit P-GPS“ error message and go into ATTI mode...and then the drone will just sail around in the air like it usually does in ATTI mode..until i switch the remote out of GPS and back in to GPS mode, then it proceeds as normal until the issue happens again.

Is this a known issue or whats going on with this?

I have been trying to talk to DJI about it, but they cant fix it in my country (Denmark) and have to send it to Holland to get fixed (all at my expense of course) and they refuse to give me an estimate about the cost of fixing it.

Screenshot attached of from the Flight logs warning messages.

Flight log

Flight log
2020-2-4
Use props
IMMORTEN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 508940 ft

Denmark

By the way; this happened at “Amager Fælled“ in Copenhagen, where theres nothing near that could cause any interfearence.

Also I do a Compass Calibration every time before I begin to fly

Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

IMMORTEN Posted at 2-4 11:39
By the way; this happened at “Amager Fælled“ in Copenhagen, where theres nothing near that could cause any interfearence.

Also I do a Compass Calibration every time before I begin to fly

Compass calibration every time before flight is a bad idea. Do calibration once at a place where magnetic interferences aren't likely to exist, and forget it! Unless - of course - you'll travel hundreds of kilometres
away ... Make sure you're not wearing any metal nor smartphone in the pocket when dancing. BTW, strong marine radar nearby may mess with compass. Try to fly somewhere else.

However, if the problem persists, the compass module may be faulty and need to be replaced/serviced.

2020-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules