Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Another attempt to share some footage
788 12 2020-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djharrisx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5718163 ft
United Kingdom

Havingly mildly embarrased myself in my first attemt to share some footage from my wonderful new Mavic Mini on this forum, I wanted to try again.
Hopefully this time I have managed to successfully embed my Youtube video and not have to rely on a kindly more experienced member to save me. Fingers crossed.

Enjoy.

Dave

2020-2-4
Use props
djiuser_mrks83
lvl.1
Finland

Nice one! I did a bridge video today also, from Finland, Hiidenveden silta (Hiidenvesi bridge)

2020-2-4
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

djiuser_mrks83 Posted at 2-4 14:08
Nice one! I did a bridge video today also, from Finland, Hiidenveden silta (Hiidenvesi bridge)

good job both of you...  nice little b roll of the mini gimble calibrate.
2020-2-4
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the video, I like the information you provide on the bridge. Do you know what is the ancient mount is for? Great Sunset shots! That's a tight spot to launch and retrieve a drone, even for a Mavic Mini
2020-2-4
Use props
djharrisx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_mrks83 Posted at 2-4 14:08
Nice one! I did a bridge video today also, from Finland, Hiidenveden silta (Hiidenvesi bridge)

https://youtu.be/INx-acaY2Pk

Ha! A considerably bigger bridge!  You did a great job capturing it, very enjoyable.

Thanks,

Dave
2020-2-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great job Dave really nicely done great music and edit .
2020-2-4
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Good stuff Dave, keep up the good work!!!
2020-2-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely posted, and nice footage,  can you get closer to those chimneys or are they a NFZ.
2020-2-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The sharing  worked.
Nice to see!
2020-2-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dave, 2nd try was a success.  Very nicely done.  However, they are driving on the wrong side of the road in the footage.  J/K.  I know we don't all drive on the same side of the road.  Thanks for sharing.
2020-2-5
Use props
djharrisx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Maxi3D Posted at 2-4 15:18
Thanks for the video, I like the information you provide on the bridge. Do you know what is the ancient mount is for? Great Sunset shots! That's a tight spot to launch and retrieve a drone, even for a Mavic Mini

Hi,

To my shame I'm not entirely sure what period The Buries date from but I think it's  bronze age. I know there lots of round 'barrows' from that period dotted along the Trent valley but I believe this one is special due to its rectangular shape. Whatever it is, it shows us humans have been kicking around the area for a looong time!

I take your point about the tight space provided by that viewing platform. However, there's no tree cover there and it's nicely out of the way.  I managed to land manually three times, so it was good practice for me to guide the Mini onto its mat. In the event of a RTH scenario, I was working on the theory I'd be able to get it back under manual control once it had come back closer... failing that I'd hand catch it if it looked like coming down other than on the mat. That was my theory, anyway and luckily I didn't  have to put it to the test!

Thanks for the feedback - it is very much appreciated and I'm pleased you liked the video.
2020-2-5
Use props
djharrisx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-5 02:04
Nicely posted, and nice footage,  can you get closer to those chimneys or are they a NFZ.

Hi,

The cooling towers of the former Willington Power Station are right on the edge of a local aerodrome's airspace. I've reached out to the folk there who have been really helpful. Having set it up with them, all it takes is a phone call and some decent weather and I'm good to go. I promise to share once I've got some good footage!
2020-2-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djharrisx Posted at 2-5 14:00
Hi,

The cooling towers of the former Willington Power Station are right on the edge of a local aerodrome's airspace. I've reached out to the folk there who have been really helpful. Having set it up with them, all it takes is a phone call and some decent weather and I'm good to go. I promise to share once I've got some good footage!

Please do share,  they could be really interesting subjects.
2020-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules