DJI FPV Goggles black screen
11947 25 2020-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ludo79
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hello,

I had strange Goggle blackout issues recently on my DJI FPV system - running firmware 1.2 on goggles and air unit

-The goggles blackout in flight, I have a black screen but the power is still on (fan still working, screen is backlit...).
-The recording in the DJI air unit keeps on working when I loose the feed (i can see my quad crashing)
-When I power the goggles off and back on the video link is recovered.

This happenned to me 3 times in 7 battery packs with 2 different quadcopters, and caused the loss of a 400 dollar quadcopter with a dji air unit inside...

Could you please help?

2020-2-4
Use props
Ludo79
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Forgot to specify that whenever the goggles black out like this, the video file recorded by the goggles gets corrupted and is not readable with quicktime or VLC.
2020-2-4
Use props
fans2851b7cb
New

Japan

My goggle have same issue. It’s a bug. I will make a video upload to YouTube. Looks like no feedback from DJI.
2020-3-14
Use props
Hacky4
lvl.2

Czechia

Update your firmware. You are running the old firmware.
2020-3-14
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Make sure your SD card in the air unit is fast enough.
2020-3-18
Use props
Pixels with ALT
lvl.2

Canada

I’ve just had the same problem - with loss of a $500 quad. It was about 50m away when it did it. To same I’m supremely p$&@ed off would be the understatement of the century.....
Did you guys get anywhere with this?
2020-6-2
Use props
Ludo79
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hey Mate,
I had to send back the goggles to DJI and they replaced the motherboard inside the goggles for free.
In my case, I also noticed that the goggles would freeze after 1 or 2 minutes in audience mode.
The most painful in all this is the long wait...big customer support shipping delays due to the COVID situation.
Best of luck,
Ludovic
2020-6-2
Use props
Pixels with ALT
lvl.2

Canada

Ludo79 Posted at 6-2 15:17
Hey Mate,
I had to send back the goggles to DJI and they replaced the motherboard inside the goggles for free.
In my case, I also noticed that the goggles would freeze after 1 or 2 minutes in audience mode.

Thanks mate - I have a ticket open now due to a white spot in the goggles already so I'll add this issue to the list.....
2020-6-3
Use props
franky888
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81247 ft
Indonesia

I also had the same problem, I just noticed last week when I lost my quad due to lost video and signal.
I tried to find the goggle recording to spot the location, when was the last time before crash, but no luck... the recorded could not be played

Last time I flew about 8 times, but there is only 1 video successfully recorded and can be played.
The rest 7 videos can not played, the duration are 00:00.

My goggle firmware already the newest and tried different sd card, but still the same...
2020-6-6
Use props
Opcon
lvl.2

United States

My goggles just started resetting randomly. Now they won't stay on for more then maybe a minute without shutting off and restarting. I've tried new cables, firmware etc.. I'm assuming they need a motherboard replacement like someone above. I don't even want to start the process of the repair as I'm sure it's going to take months at this point... Anyone else having this issue? Literally were working just fine and then all of a sudden boom this started happening.
2020-6-20
Use props
djiuser_kK3geYaFSZ6V
New

Philippines

I just bought a dji fpv goggles and i just received it yesterday. Initial test it work fine then suddenly the left screen got blank
2021-1-9
Use props
fans1b987b41
New

Brazil

My googles stayed black screen and don't turn on anymore... I was flying my dji FPV and suddenly they Black and I try restart, but have no sucess... I don't know what to do...
2021-7-31
Use props
cwchapma
New

Canada

Same issue here
2021-9-3
Use props
djiuser_YeV5n37cpznE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1007402 ft
United States

Brand new out of the box. Updated firmware. Same issue. First product from DJI. Less than impressed to say the least.
2021-10-18
Use props
Texas Red
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43984124 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ludo79 Posted at 2020-2-4 18:26
Forgot to specify that whenever the goggles black out like this, the video file recorded by the goggles gets corrupted and is not readable with quicktime or VLC.

Did you hit return home?
2021-10-24
Use props
Texas Red
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_YeV5n37cpznE Posted at 10-18 16:16
Brand new out of the box. Updated firmware. Same issue. First product from DJI. Less than impressed to say the least.

Flew my new DJI FPV today!   Updated while I was sitting in a field.   Not problems.  Only time screen went black was low battery

Possibly human errors guys.   Please stop being a hater
2021-10-24
Use props
Texas Red
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Pixels with ALT Posted at 2020-6-2 10:41
I’ve just had the same problem - with loss of a $500 quad. It was about 50m away when it did it. To same I’m supremely p$&@ed off would be the understatement of the century.....
Did you guys get anywhere with this?

How did you lose it 50 m away?
2021-10-24
Use props
Texas Red
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans1b987b41 Posted at 7-31 15:48
My googles stayed black screen and don't turn on anymore... I was flying my dji FPV and suddenly they Black and I try restart, but have no sucess... I don't know what to do...

New battery?
2021-10-24
Use props
LFIELD
lvl.1
United States

I'm having the same problem - Screen goes black - OSD Still there - number on side od goggles goes off - Drone Crashes.   This has now happened 3 times .  Anyone found a solution to this problem?  I have the latest firmware.
2021-10-31
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

2021 Oct 30 Same or similar issue here.  Firmware updated, batteries well charge.  Drone well in site and nearby and boom-blank screen. Unplugging and plugging the google battery brings it back but I recall somewhere DJI saying not to do that ...but... I will be contacting them to ask for a repair/replacement. If it happened across a river in the trees or in many other circumstances it could be disastrous as some have found out.
2021-10-31
Use props
nfl14
lvl.1
Flight distance : 295121 ft
Indonesia

fans1b987b41 Posted at 7-31 15:48
My googles stayed black screen and don't turn on anymore... I was flying my dji FPV and suddenly they Black and I try restart, but have no sucess... I don't know what to do...

Any luck with this?

Same here my DJI google V2 rebooted many times during the flight and until finally it's just completely dead even I change the battery. I bought it second hand with super good condition like new (the previous owner sold it cause the fpv drone crashed he lost his receipt as well) I check the serial it was activated on 2021-07-04 so I assume it's still under warrantty. I live in indonesia please DJI assist me to get this goggle back to live...

Latest firmware installed
S/n 37SBJ2400106DK
2021-12-20
Use props
nfl14
lvl.1
Flight distance : 295121 ft
United States

Texas Red Posted at 10-24 10:41
Flew my new DJI FPV today!   Updated while I was sitting in a field.   Not problems.  Only time screen went black was low battery

Possibly human errors guys.   Please stop being a hater

Sorry man we are not being a hater. We love the goggles but unfortunately the goggle is being annoying because of the bad part
2021-12-20
Use props
djiuser_foVkTrOJXd35
New

Australia

I bought the DJI FPV kit. Updated, screen blacked straight away. Didn't even get to fly.. did we get a fix or do my spidy senses tell me CASA is elbow deep in us...?
2022-4-29
Use props
Kibby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144501 ft
Canada

I know I’m late to share. DJI Googled V1 will randomly produce black screen as it is not getting enough power feed from battery such as 2S LiPo or official DJI battery made for DJI Goggles V2

Solution: 3S or 4S LiPo or Li-Ion battery. DJI battery is 2S so avoid it on DJI Goggles V1

Side note: I own DJI battery and DJI Goggles V1. Problem goes away if using battery at least 8V
2022-7-18
Use props
djiuser_jVJCpkFE62uf
New

India

If any body can help we update the firmware in all devices and goggles keep black put in every 30 seconds,  how to fix the issue...
Thanks in advance
2022-7-25
Use props
fans31681d61
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Unfortunately I’ve experienced the same lost signal could not get the drone back, goggles shut me down
2022-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules