Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Guorium Posted at 2-5 08:06
Actually it stays up because of the motors and the props too. Interesting. Give me that manual I wanna wipe my ass with it. Looks like it is written for simpletons like you.

Now maybe you won’t be so quick to trash others threads, your own is now no longer what you thought it was about.
My guess is you’ll never be happy with your drone and it will always have problems, but I think that if you look close at the pilot you’ll find the answer quicker ...
2020-2-5
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

This forum could use some moderation, if you too want to have words then I'd suggest keeping it to PM's instead of s**tposting and bumping this thread.

Hallmark while you do have a disagreement with Guorium closing your thread that had other users discussing the topic at hand is a bit childish, don't read or reply to whomever and move on but others had contributed and it's not fair to them.

As for this baro debate none of us work for DJI, we don't know how the mini is programmed and can only take educated guesses at it. I'll go back to my indoor post, when my mini reported a negative height and had gps signal why was the reporting wrong when it had GPS connection? Was the baro calibrated at a higher pressure and being unboxed/used at a lower pressure why it read negative? How about the VPS system, being indoors shouldn't the VPS be able to know how far it is from the ground and report that to the OSD(On Screen Display)? What system is being used to measure height/altitude of the mini, what is the mini's FC (Flight Controller) programed to use for Position hold? What system is used to report Height to the OSD?

The FC doesn't need a Baro, GPS, or VPS to keep height, the GYRO is doing all the work on keeping the mini stabilized. As long as the FC is programed to maintain Throttle the drone will hover without any 3rd party assistance, until we understand how the mini's FC works and what combination of GPS, Baro, VPS is used to control the mini all we can do is Guess.

Unfortunately this isn't like Samsung when a battery explodes, not everyone is experiencing the same issues so everyone's opinion on what they think could be the cause from Their experience is valid. All we can do is ask questions and if were wrong so be it, but it's better to have asked and know then to speculate. DJI isn't talking to us so We the users get to figure it out and help each other, We don't have it any more figured out then what's being shared. Those of us who are risking our mini's by experimenting and doing the JOB of DJI is all for the benefit of potentially helping others so one less user has a fly away.
2020-2-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

ABeardedItalian Posted at 2-5 08:17
This forum could use some moderation, if you too want to have words then I'd suggest keeping it to PM's instead of s**tposting and bumping this thread.

Hallmark while you do have a disagreement with Guorium closing your thread that had other users discussing the topic at hand is a bit childish, don't read or reply to whomever and move on but others had contributed and it's not fair to them.

On-screen telemetry reports barometer height. When a surface is close enough to the bottom the VPS uses its IR sensor to gauge the height. It is mainly for landing protection and obstacle avoidance from below. Mini's manual does obscurely indicate altitude hold used a combination of VPS and baro reading. No one is sure how they are combined and made used of in the FC though. Baro always measure change in pressure relative to the takeoff point so no deliberate calibration is needed for the baro. It is sort of like an electronic scale that automatically tares itself on powerup.

On the dispute. You are right. Bumping threads for some feud isn't good. But I will call out his BS where it is due. His BS just isn't helpful for the users.
2020-2-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-5 08:17
Now maybe you won’t be so quick to trash others threads, your own is now no longer what you thought it was about.
My guess is you’ll never be happy with your drone and it will always have problems, but I think that if you look close at the pilot you’ll find the answer quicker ...

I don't really care though. I got my answers already. You can bump this thread all you want. No big deal. No drones will ever be perfect. It does not bother me to the slightest. You hoard so much equipment probably because they keep breaking down and you keep buying instead of repairing.
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ABeardedItalian Posted at 2-5 08:17

Hallmark while you do have a disagreement with Guorium closing your thread that had other users discussing the topic at hand is a bit childish, don't read or reply to whomever and move on but others had contributed and it's not fair to them.

The thread was closed on advice of moderator, when you post a thread and the same people come along and try to change the topic while more intent on being personal, then it becomes a farce, I’m clearly being trolled one reason I came here to show what happens when others are more intent on being personal than discussion on the topic of the thread.
While you say everyone’s opinion is valid your correct, but it doesn’t give anyone the right to get personal because you have an opinion, this is about drones, if they want to make it personal then let’s do it on their thread .
I’ve been around here a long time and it seems that is reason enough to be targeted .
I have PM if you need questions answered
2020-2-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-5 08:43
The thread was closed on advice of moderator, when you post a thread and the same people come along and try to change the topic while more intent on being personal, then it becomes a farce, I’m clearly being trolled one reason I came here to show what happens when others are more intent on being personal than discussion on the topic of the thread.
While you say everyone’s opinion is valid your correct, but it doesn’t give anyone the right to get personal because you have an opinion, this is about drones, if they want to make it personal then let’s do it on their thread .
I’ve been around here a long time and it seems that is reason enough to be targeted .

Nah your BS needed to be shown to people. PM won't cut it. Plus talking about mommy's chest in PM isn't exactly mature behavior. It became a farce but you did have a lesson. What I have done to you was a real personal attack. Not the threads I posted before it turned ugly. It has nothing to do with you being an old member of the forum. You must have irritated a bunch of people fed up with your childish behaviors before and it serves you right to taste some of your own medicine. Perhaps you have learned the lesson to not whinge about everything opposing your opinion and claim it to be a 'personal attack', because it was not.
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Guorium Posted at 2-5 08:41
I don't really care though. I got my answers already. You can bump this thread all you want. No big deal. No drones will ever be perfect. It does not bother me to the slightest. You hoard so much equipment probably because they keep breaking down and you keep buying instead of repairing.

Well I’ve never crashed one yet and many times I get to fly them together.
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Guorium Posted at 2-5 08:56
Nah your BS needed to be shown to people.

I think anyone who can’t get a tello and now a mini to work has no business talking about anyone else .
I think you need to go to kiddies corner .
2020-2-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-5 08:59
I think anyone who can’t get a tello and now a mini to work has no business talking about anyone else .
I think you need to go to kiddies corner .

Ok Scotty. Keep bumping. I leave this to you now. Other people 's thread get pushed down because of your action after this point. Do watch what you say around this forum. My BS detector will bust you up.
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Guorium Posted at 2-5 08:56
Nah your BS needed to be shown to people. PM won't cut it. Plus talking about mommy's chest in PM isn't exactly mature behavior. It became a farce but you did have a lesson. What I have done to you was a real personal attack. Not the threads I posted before it turned ugly. It has nothing to do with you being an old member of the forum. You must have irritated a bunch of people fed up with your childish behaviors before and it serves you right to taste some of your own medicine. Perhaps you have learned the lesson to not whinge about everything opposing your opinion and claim it to be a 'personal attack', because it was not.

What kind of an idiot are you really.

Don’t you realize you are the person continually whining around here, because you can’t get your drones to work., Im not having a problem with my drone I know how to fly them.
This morning you didn’t know what VPS was, and now you know that drones won’t fly without IMU .
2020-2-5
Use props
big lou
lvl.3
Canada

The flight controller receives the information from the barometer to maintain the altitude and the VPS system helps the barometer to be more precise at low altitude and when there are no sattelites, when an unwanted drop occurs I think that '' below 30 meters the VPS or the barometer may be faulty but higher than 30 meters only the barometer is at fault. I hope you don't call me an idiot ...
2020-2-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-5 09:05
What kind of an idiot are you really.

Don’t you realize you are the person continually whining around here, because you can’t get your drones to work., Im not having a problem with my drone I know how to fly them.

Say's the retard who tosses a piece of IMU board into the sky saying "Weeeeee! It is flying!!!!"
2020-2-6
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

big lou Posted at 2-5 20:33
The flight controller receives the information from the barometer to maintain the altitude and the VPS system helps the barometer to be more precise at low altitude and when there are no sattelites, when an unwanted drop occurs I think that '' below 30 meters the VPS or the barometer may be faulty but higher than 30 meters only the barometer is at fault. I hope you don't call me an idiot ...

I think that is how FC should work. That is what the manual says anyway.
2020-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules