8398 13 2020-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raulvolador
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4771427 ft
Spain

Hi,

I love reviewing my Mavic MIni video recordings at DJI Fly Gallery. I know they are low-resolution, but looks great at my Android mobile screen and are enoght for sharing at social media.

But I'm suffering an annoying problem. As I record new videos, older ones dissapears from gallery by themselves.
I found a setting at DJI Fly app, into camera settings, called 'Max video cache size'. I set it to max (16Gb), but older video files are still deleted after each flight

video cache size

video cache size

Using an Android file explorer app I realized video cache files at DJI/dji.go.v5/DJI FLY/video only fills about 900Mb (less than 1Gb). I can't understand what reason my older video files are automatically deleted !

I'm using a Samgung smartpthone, Android 9, spanish languaje and up to date Dji Fly app version (1.0.6) from january 15. I checked plenty of free space (20Gb) at my phone main memory.

Can you help me ?

All the best

R.
2020-2-5
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Really don't know why that would happen, just save them on your computer until you find out why this happens?
Do you have an SD card in your mini?
2020-2-5
Use props
raulvolador
lvl.4
Spain

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 2-5 00:54
Really don't know why that would happen, just save them on your computer until you find out why this happens?
Do you have an SD card in your mini?

Of couse, my mavic mini flies with an SD card inserted. I succesfully save high resolution video files at my computer for post production.

I'm complaining about cache video files at DJI Fly Gallery into my smartphote. I like that videos for sharing at social media. It seems only 1Gb of video files is preserved at DJI/dji.go.v5/DJI FLY/video in spite off I set max cache size at maximun (16Gb)

Any clue what I am doing wrong ? Or is this setting not working ?

Best regards
2020-2-5
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

raulvolador Posted at 2-5 01:57
Of couse, my mavic mini flies with an SD card inserted. I succesfully save high resolution video files at my computer for post production.

I'm complaining about cache video files at DJI Fly Gallery into my smartphote. I like that videos for sharing at social media. It seems only 1Gb of video files is preserved at DJI/dji.go.v5/DJI FLY/video in spite off I set max cache size at maximun (16Gb)

I wouldn't be surprised if a 16GB setting on a device that only has 20GB free might not fully fill up as a safety measure, but I'd certainly expect it to handle more than 1GB.

I can confirm cache settings work as expected on DJI GO 4, but maybe you've uncovered a bug in DJI Fly -- does DJI Fly offer the ability to submit bug reports as does Go 4? If it does, I recommend doing so.

In the meantime, can DJI Fly, like GO 4,  allow you to save movies to your device's videos folder? If it can, that might be a workaround until the issue is addressed. Hope this helps.
2020-2-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please clarify what is the exact model of the mobile device that you are currently using? Also, you may try to sync all of your flight records and try to uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the problem persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2020-2-5
Use props
raulvolador
lvl.4
Spain

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-5 08:26
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please clarify what is the exact model of the mobile device that you are currently using? Also, you may try to sync all of your flight records and try to uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the problem persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding and support!

My smartphone model is Samsung Galaxy A40, running Android 9. It remains 20 Gb free space into main memory.
I synced all of my flight records as you advised, but problem persists. DJI Fly app is still erasing old video cache files. It only use about 1GB for storage despite being set to use max 16Gb.
I would prefer not uninstall/reinstall DJI Fly. I'm afraid loosing any precious flight data.

Best regards.

R.
2020-2-5
Use props
djiuser_hez7jhUQzqUF
New

Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-5 08:26

I have the same issue with an iphone7, using the mavic mini. I «lost » some videos in the DJI fly app. Considering I did some editing few days earlier, the loss of those videos and the need of reloading them in the DJI fly app corrupted my edited video. Be careful using the built in editing app, or export it as soon as it’s done. I hope it gets fixed soon. Thank you!
2020-7-29
Use props
djiuser_W3Zv7KlE8aUw
New
Flight distance : 28543 ft
Canada

raulvolador Posted at 2-5 01:57

I'm complaining about cache video files at DJI Fly Gallery into my smartphote. I like that videos for sharing at social media. It seems only 1Gb of video files is preserved at DJI/dji.go.v5/DJI FLY/video in spite off I set max cache size at maximun (16Gb)

Hi there. I lost my mavic mini the other day. I went to the “find my drone” gps location but it wasn’t there. I looked all over.  Some bush and trees.  My question is is there a way to see the video footage of the last flight? I wasn’t recording. But seeing video of where it landed would really help me find its location.  Any info is greatly appreciated.  
2020-8-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_W3Zv7KlE8aUw Posted at 8-28 17:11
Hi there. I lost my mavic mini the other day. I went to the “find my drone” gps location but it wasn’t there. I looked all over.  Some bush and trees.  My question is is there a way to see the video footage of the last flight? I wasn’t recording. But seeing video of where it landed would really help me find its location.  Any info is greatly appreciated.

If you were not recording, then no, there is no way to see where it went.
2020-8-28
Use props
djiuser_QkjKFvtKzEND
New
Netherlands

I have a similar case. Cached footage in dji app was automatically deleted. Due to SD card malfunction I don’t have the high res footage. I’m on to that part, by buying a supported card from the list.

Is there any way to recover automatically deleted cached footage from DJI FLY app? Must be hanging somewhere right?

Hope so!
2020-9-4
Use props
djiuser_YzEGCCKHR4hL
New

Pakistan

I am sufferin from same issue the previous videos hv automatically being removed from gallery. Any help?
2020-11-11
Use props
djiuser_CkuUsBpOHyCG
New

Greece

I can see the cache files holding 1883 mb of storage room but I can not located the files, please someone assist me to locate my files.
Thank you
2021-9-4
Use props
mbryan777
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1658812 ft
United States

I have the new Mini 3 pro with the DJI RC (RM330) with built-in screen and I am having the exact same problem even though I have a 500 GB SD card installed in the RC. At first I had the video cache setting set to “auto “, but after I saw the lo-res video files continuing to be deleted I set the video cache size 16GB.  With well over 400 GB available on the SD card and the cache files taking up less than 16 GB the files continue to be deleted. If someone in the string does not have a solution to the problem with the DJI mini, I will repost this in the Mini 3 pro area of the forum.
2022-7-6
Use props
frank.theduke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105043 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_W3Zv7KlE8aUw Posted at 2020-8-28 17:11

Tap profile, the “more” button. Here you can see where the drone went even if you were not recording. Right??
2022-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules