Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does Osmo Mobile 3 conflict with iPhone stabilisation?
738 7 2-5 00:55
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stephjant
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I'm think of buying the Osmo Mobile 3 (although having read the latest post about zoom problems I am now having second thoughts!!!)  The reason for this post is that when I have used iPhone on a gimbal in the past there is a conflict.  The iphone stabilisation fights with the gimbal stabilisation resulting in jittery video when you pan left/right or tilt up/down.  And of course unlike other smartphones, you cannot isolate/turn off the stabilisation in the iphone.

I've now got the iphone 11 Pro.  There is no point me buying the Osmo Mobile 3 if the two stabilisation systems (phone and gimbal) are going to conflict all the time.  Has anyone out there owning an iphone 11 Pro noticed any video quality issues as I've described when using the Osmo Mobile 3?
2-5 00:55
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members here. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your continued support!
2-5 08:20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 868563 ft
United Kingdom

I just got the Osmo 3 to replace the 2,  so far in some short testing Ive not had any issues,  but I have a plan,  if I do run into stabilisation issues I'll buy filmic pro as that has the option to disable there iPhone stabalisation.
2-6 00:12
Use props
stephjant
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-6 00:12
I just got the Osmo 3 to replace the 2,  so far in some short testing Ive not had any issues,  but I have a plan,  if I do run into stabilisation issues I'll buy filmic pro as that has the option to disable there iPhone stabalisation.

Excellent idea.  Fortunately I bought FILMicPro App a few years ago.  Just done a video test using FILMicPro with stabilisation off and same video shot direct from iphone 11 with stabilisation on.  Here's a link.  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... yQ/view?usp=sharing

No prizes for guessing what happened.  I guess next step is for me to go and buy the OM3 and test it with FILMicPro App with camera stabilisation off.  I assume the  Mimo App for OM3 wont be able to control the iphone camera using FILMicPro and the proxy?  
2-6 02:04
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
United Kingdom

stephjant Posted at 2-6 02:04
Excellent idea.  Fortunately I bought FILMicPro App a few years ago.  Just done a video test using FILMicPro with stabilisation off and same video shot direct from iphone 11 with stabilisation on.  Here's a link.  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vAwIaMPApJfvXa_dxQ0l3AAP9rTg1GyQ/view?usp=sharing

Last I heard was FILMicPro was working on supporting OM3 like they do OM2.
2-6 02:29
Use props
stephjant
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-6 02:29
Last I heard was FILMicPro was working on supporting OM3 like they do OM2.

That would be excellent. FILMiC have also launched what I assume is a beta version of their ‘double take’ App for iPhone 11.  Been trying it out - it’s awesome
2-6 03:27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
United Kingdom

stephjant Posted at 2-6 03:27
That would be excellent. FILMiC have also launched what I assume is a beta version of their ‘double take’ App for iPhone 11.  Been trying it out - it’s awesome

I tried doiubletake the other day and I was disappointed in it.  
2-6 04:30
Use props
Dave_bass5
lvl.4
United Kingdom

FilmicPro cant turn off iPhone stabilization. The setting is there to turn its own stabilization on and off.
2-10 08:32
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules