Mavic Mini Fly App Dual Screen o MatePad Pro 10.8" tablet
5318 17 2020-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Axotopia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37536 ft
United States

Just discovered I can mirror my the fly app running on the Huawei P30 Pro on the Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8" tablet.  Pretty cool now a 2nd person can have a live view of what I am seeing on the smaller screen of my phone.  Application I can see if for one person controlling the dronne with a 2nd person being an oberver or 2nd eye.

The image on the MatePad Pro shows up as a mirror of the phone, so output doesn't fill the screen when in this Multi-screen Collaboration mode.  The MatePad pro fills the screen only when used a standalone display for the Fly App.

Fly App live mirror on 10.8" screen

Fly App live mirror on 10.8" screen

MatePad Pro when as a mirror for phone display

MatePad Pro when as a mirror for phone display

MatePad Pro as standalone display

MatePad Pro as standalone display
2020-2-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great idea.  Glad it worked for you and thanks for sharing this information. I have found that an App called AirDroid works well with my Samsung S10+ (Qualcomm processor) for mirroring to my laptop.
2020-2-5
Use props
Axotopia
lvl.2
United States

Did a bit more testing, so looks like the cast to the MatePad Pro tablet is interactive via Bluetooth with the P30 Pro phone running Fly.

In otherwords, I can use both the phone and tablet to interact with the Fly App: Settings, Flight Mode, trigger camera/video recording etc.   The tablet essentially works as an additional remote controller for interacting with Fly.

Wish there was a way to control the camera tilt via Fly, this way there can be just a pilot on the RC, and a cinematographer controlling the camera seperately on the tablet.

Adding just a few more shots of what it looks like on the MatePad Pro tablet with the Multi Screen Collaboration with maximize and normal.  Also, how the Settings menu is a bit more enlarged and trancated, vs when it is working as a standalone.

Did a bit of research, apparently this feature is able on Huawei's phones with EMUI 10 paired with their late 2018-current Matebooks and MagicBooks as well.  Should also have 2-way control of the Fly app.
IMG_20200205_135618416_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200205_135445438_HDR.jpg
Screenshot_20200205_134717_com.huawei.associateassistant.jpg
2020-2-5
Use props
Axotopia
lvl.2
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-5 12:42
Great idea.  Glad it worked for you and thanks for sharing this information. I have found that an App called AirDroid works well with my Samsung S10+ (Qualcomm processor) for mirroring to my laptop.

Thanks foir the tip.  Think I may give Airdroid a try on my 17" notebook to see how it works.  Would be great to see more on a larger screen
2020-2-5
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Axotopia Posted at 2-5 14:52
Did a bit more testing, so looks like the cast to the MatePad Pro tablet is interactive via Bluetooth with the P30 Pro phone running Fly.

In otherwords, I can use both the phone and tablet to interact with the Fly App: Settings, Flight Mode, trigger camera/video recording etc.   The tablet essentially works as an additional remote controller for interacting with Fly.

You can control the gimbal on a touch screen by simply pressing the vertical gimbal indicator
2020-2-6
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

I am looking for a similar function, but instead of the tablet I would like to use not too expensive fpv glasses
2020-2-6
Use props
Axotopia
lvl.2
United States

TDZHDTV Posted at 2-6 08:59
You can control the gimbal on a touch screen by simply pressing the vertical gimbal indicator

I think it is available on the Go app, but can't find it on the Fly app.  Is there a way to make it show on the display? The only time it appears is when I use the gimbal control wheel on the RC ... then it disappears again.
2020-2-6
Use props
Axotopia
lvl.2
United States

Renato61 Posted at 2-6 09:58
I am looking for a similar function, but instead of the tablet I would like to use not too expensive fpv glasses

That way cool if Fly can pair with VR headsets.
2020-2-6
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Axotopia Posted at 2-6 11:46
I think it is available on the Go app, but can't find it on the Fly app.  Is there a way to make it show on the display? The only time it appears is when I use the gimbal control wheel on the RC ... then it disappears again.

I’m pretty sure if you just touch the area the vertical gimbal indicator appears, then use you finger to adjust
2020-2-6
Use props
Axotopia
lvl.2
United States

Tried again and the Gimbal control does not interact with touch screen nor does it show up.  Using DJI Fly version 1.0.6.  All firmwares are up to date.
2020-2-7
Use props
Axotopia
lvl.2
United States

TDZHDTV Posted at 2-6 12:34
I’m pretty sure if you just touch the area the vertical gimbal indicator appears, then use you finger to adjust

Tried again and the Gimbal control does not interact with touch screen nor does it show up.  Using DJI Fly version 1.0.6.  All firmwares are up to date.
2020-2-7
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Axotopia Posted at 2-7 10:52

Hi, yes I tried today and they have removed the functionality since the last app update, I have no idea way
2020-2-7
Use props
Axotopia
lvl.2
United States

Bummer!  That would have been great to have even for normal use.
Thanks for taking the time to help
2020-2-7
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It will be nice if this can be done with Imac computers.
2020-2-7
Use props
djiuser_bspCaGpYXt0P
lvl.2
France

Just discovered I can mirror my the fly app running on the Huawei P30 Pro on the Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8" tablet.

@Axotopia, I am a realtor and it is a pain to have customers looking over my shoulder to get an idea of the terrace view from the future 3 storey building with sun screen reflection, and so on...

What you are describing would be incredible, so that I could just hand over a 2nd screen to my customers, or maybe even some VR lenses.

Can you describe how you succeed in doing that step-by-step please ?

Is that a phone ability in the P30 /
Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 or a function in the DJI fly app which I would have missed ?

*** Well, it looks like this is a Huawei thing :
Which Phones Can Use Huawei Multi-screen Collaboration?
Huawei Phone:
HUAWEI P40;HUAWEI P40 Pro;HUAWEI P40 Pro+;HUAWEI P30;HUAWEI P30 Pro;HUAWEI P20;HUAWEI P20 Pro
HUAWEI Mate X;HUAWEI Mate XS;HUAWEI Mate 30;HUAWEI Mate 30 5G;HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro;HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro 5G;HUAWEI Mate 30 RS Porsche Design;HUAWEI Mate 20;HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro;HUAWEI Mate 20 RS Porsche Design;HUAWEI Mate 20X;HUAWEI Mate 20X 5G;HUAWEI Mate10;HUAWEI Mate10 Pro;HUAWEI Mate RS
Huawei nova 7Pro 5G;HUAWEI nova 6 4G;HUAWEI nova 6 5G;HUAWEI nova 4;HUAWEI nova 5 Pro
Honor Phone:
Honor Play4 Pro;Honor Play 4 Pro infrared thermometer;HonorMagic2
Honor V30 5G;Honor V30 Pro 5G;Honor V20;Honor V10
Honor 30;Honor 30 Pro;Honor 30 Pro+;Honor 20;Honor 20 Pro;Honor 10

Which Tablets Can Use Huawei Multi-screen Collaboration?
Huawei Tablet:
HUAWEI MatePad Pro 5G;HUAWEI MatePad Pro;HUAWEI MatePad;HUAWEI MatePad M6
Honor Tablet:
HONOR Pad V6

Thanks a lot

2021-6-24
Use props
Axotopia
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_bspCaGpYXt0P Posted at 6-24 20:59
Just discovered I can mirror my the fly app running on the Huawei P30 Pro on the Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8" tablet.

@Axotopia, I am a realtor and it is a pain to have customers looking over my shoulder to get an idea of the terrace view from the future 3 storey building with sun screen reflection, and so on...

You are correct, the function i am using is only available on the Huawei platform (not standard android). Its called Multiscreen collaboration.  I have both the P30 Pro and P40 Pro, they work on the original MatePad Pro from 2019.  Found this list...
Multi-screen Collaboration compatible phone and tablet https://consumer.huawei.com/ph/support/content/en-us00772967/
2021-6-24
Use props
djiuser_bspCaGpYXt0P
lvl.2
France

Axotopia Posted at 6-24 21:43
You are correct, the function i am using is only available on the Huawei platform (not standard android). Its called Multiscreen collaboration.  I have both the P30 Pro and P40 Pro, they work on the original MatePad Pro from 2019.  Found this list...
Multi-screen Collaboration compatible phone and tablet https://consumer.huawei.com/ph/support/content/en-us00772967/

@axotopia, many thx for your answer

3 quick questions :
- how fast is the sync between the 2 screens ?
- have you notice a lower communication between your drone and the transmitter when using this multi-screen thing ?
- can you see the image on the remote screen filling the whole screen, or it this limited to the smartphone screen size, just like the app Apowermirror ?
2021-6-24
Use props
Axotopia
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_bspCaGpYXt0P Posted at 6-24 22:08
@axotopia, many thx for your answer

3 quick questions :

There is no noticeable lag, feels instantaneous.  The communication is between the phone and the tablet, so it does not affect the drone communication control.  

The app is an interactive mirror of the phone.  For the mirroring, when maximized on the tablet, it follows the the aspect ratio of the phone.  The screen fill is pretty good and seamless  per my image posted.

As for the interactive feature, you can use the tablet to control the drone as well because Multiscreen Collaboration is essentially a remote control between two devices.  This means that for the Fly App, you can have a two person operation of the drone, with both phone and tablet communicating with the drone.  Both devices can simultaneously interact with the same app at the same time without heirarachy..... so be careful, it can be trouble if your client mess around with your drone controls from the tablet while you are happily  controlling the drone via your phone.
2021-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules