Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mechanical Shutter and What's the Difference?
7335 4 2020-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MagicalNomad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 843241 ft
United States

First, let me say Cudos to DJI for re-releasing the Phantom 4 Pro. This 1" Sensor/Mechanical shutter workhorse is highly respected in the commercial drone service industry and if it ain't broke... don't fix or discontinue it. The $8000 price tag for the Phantom RTK is too steep for me at this time and for what I do, not necessary.

That being said, I'm thinking of purchasing the Phantom 4 but I want to make sure I get the right one. The one with a 1" sensor, 20mp image capability and (most important) the mechanical shutter as opposed to the rolling shutter.

So, two questions:

1. Which Phantom(s) have the mechanical shutter?
and
2. What is the difference between the Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro v.2?

I was/am seriously thinking about purchasing the Autel Evo 2 Pro but since DJI re-released the Phantom 4 Pro, I may purchase it instead.

Thanks.

Mark Hamilton - https://DronesiViews.com

2020-2-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. The DJI Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Advanced and DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 all had a mechanical shutter. The main difference between the v2.0 and the regular Pro would be the Video Transmission System, the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 now uses the latest OcuSync 2.0 while the Pro uses LightBridge also there are difference between the range, the DJI Phantom 4 Pro flies up-to 7km while the v2.0 flies up-to 8km. You may refer to the link below for you to compare other drones as well as the Phantom series of DJI. Thank you for your continued support!

https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav
2020-2-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Just be aware that the models with the mechanical shutter still have a rolling shutter, and you can switch off the mechanical shutter. The mechanical shutter does not operate in video mode, so you still have a rolling shutter operational in video mode. The holy grail of CMOS senmsors is to have a global shutter in video mode, but they are quite expensive options.
2020-2-5
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Geebax Posted at 2-5 18:17
Just be aware that the models with the mechanical shutter still have a rolling shutter, and you can switch off the mechanical shutter. The mechanical shutter does not operate in video mode, so you still have a rolling shutter operational in video mode. The holy grail of CMOS senmsors is to have a global shutter in video mode, but they are quite expensive options.

Is it true? Even P4P is rolling shutter when video recording?
2020-2-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Juliano Cruz Posted at 2-6 08:19
Is it true? Even P4P is rolling shutter when video recording?

Yes it is, a mechanical shutter cannot run at 24, 30 or 60 fps.
2020-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules