Learning to fly a 360 panorama
669 7 2020-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dark13star
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16739 ft
United States

I'm new to drone flying, having flown RC aircraft as a kid way back in the 80's. I'm trying to learn to fly a 360 panorama, but can't get a clean circle. I've been practicing in the DJI Simulator app and this is my first attempt with the actual drone. I know I yawed too much at the beginning, but even in the simulater (using the Air and  Spark) I can't get a clean circle with my target in the center. Any pointers? I know the basic orientation of the sticks for this move.  I just can't get the balance.

This is around my house in an urban neighborhood, so I don't go too high our far.

Thanks in advance.
2020-2-5
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Hi there, can't you just use the preset orbit mode? Good luck
2020-2-5
Use props
dark13star
lvl.2
United States

Bussty Posted at 2-5 20:44
Hi there, can't you just use the preset orbit mode? Good luck

I couldn’t get it to lock on my house. That said, I’d rather develop the flying skill anyway.
2020-2-5
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

1. Turn on the grid and diagonal lines on the screen.
2. Set the center to a clearly visible point. The point should be visible from all sides.
3. With the right stick, start right, while holding the crosshair on the point with the left stick to the left. Lock the right stick, move the left one slowly.
4. When you find the position of the sticks at which the point is stationary in the crosshair, do not change the position of the sticks to a full circle.
It is not necessary to make a full circle, but until you change the position of the sticks, you will have a “clean” footage. Have a practice!
2020-2-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Find somewhere open and practice, practice, practice and you'll get it,   just be gentle with those sticks.
2020-2-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Practice makes perfect.
But you are doing a great job.
Maybe just put a short part in the edit (that is how I do it).
So you don't need a full circle.
2020-2-6
Use props
dark13star
lvl.2
United States

Thanks all. Turning on the grid is a great idea. Also, I realized that I should have used C Mode. Waiting for it to warm up so I can practice some more.

BTW, the reason I want a full circle is for planning some construction on the house.
2020-2-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide the best information for this query. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules