Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin 1 battery needed
5754 11 2020-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mindbend
New
United States

I have the very original Ronin and I am in need of a replacement battery. I have had a very hard time finding one online. Does anyone know where I can get one? I know the product has been end-of-lifed, but I'm hoping there's some batteries floating around out there.

I have two batteries. One works, the other won't charge.
2020-2-5
Use props
andrewkhoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184669 ft
Malaysia

Same here, looking high and low to no avail. Appreciate if can get 1 or 2 pieces of Ronin Gen 1 batteries...
2020-5-19
Use props
Mark van Coller
New
Flight distance : 5587 ft
South Africa

I still use a Ronin 1 and it works perfectly  but my batteries are getting tired. Is there anywhere that you can still get replacement batteries.
2020-8-15
Use props
ghupka
lvl.1
Canada

I'm in the same boat, I've just noticed both of my batteries beginning to swell, which isn't a good sign

I'd be happy with an adapter cable to let me power the Ronin from a p-tap battery.

I certainly don't want to throw out a perfectly good Ronin but it appears they've discontinued the batteries without a replacement or upgrade path...   Other than "buy the Ronin 2"
2021-2-8
Use props
Mindbend
New
United States

ghupka Posted at 2-8 16:06
I'm in the same boat, I've just noticed both of my batteries beginning to swell, which isn't a good sign

I'd be happy with an adapter cable to let me power the Ronin from a p-tap battery.

I ended up finding a place that sold what I thought were Gen 1 batteries. I bought one, but it doesn't work. It won't even charge using the charging cable that came with it. Sadly, I'm retiring the R1 and moving to the RS2. It's very disappointing that the stupid batteries are the issue.
2021-2-8
Use props
Miguel Romero
New

Venezuela

Mindbend Posted at 2-8 16:56
I ended up finding a place that sold what I thought were Gen 1 batteries. I bought one, but it doesn't work. It won't even charge using the charging cable that came with it. Sadly, I'm retiring the R1 and moving to the RS2. It's very disappointing that the stupid batteries are the issue.

It is unfair
2021-5-22
Use props
AdamJNZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13474 ft
New Zealand

I’ve had several arguments with Dji about this. This unit is still the only thing that’s light and can run a cine camera that’s not a Movi. They are just so negligent about this as they just want us all to throw out our very good units and won’t make batteries. I’m currently working on a RC battery hack using the dead lipo battery controller (ie cut off old lipo and add 14.4v rc lipo  battery.
2021-7-4
Use props
AdamJNZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13474 ft
New Zealand

Dji don’t care about their customers. They only want to sell new products. I’ve flown Red epic dragons, Sony fs7 and now fx6 on mine. Bugler trying any of those with proper monitoring and follow focus on an sc. and it the r2 is just too heavy (and expensive). So the R1 is still the best Dji gimbal esp with extension arms and ring.
2021-7-4
Use props
djiuser_xLuaioTvx23f
New

United States

AdamJNZ Posted at 7-4 23:30
I’ve had several arguments with Dji about this. This unit is still the only thing that’s light and can run a cine camera that’s not a Movi. They are just so negligent about this as they just want us all to throw out our very good units and won’t make batteries. I’m currently working on a RC battery hack using the dead lipo battery controller (ie cut off old lipo and add 14.4v rc lipo  battery.

Can you explain us how to do that?
A lot of people will appreciate that
2021-8-27
Use props
fansc63de2f0
New
Flight distance : 53281 ft
United States

I have the same issue too.  DJI sucks.  $3000 paperweight
2022-1-13
Use props
Finelld
New

United States

Don’t toss your old batteries, especially the 3400mAh ones!  There are three things that can be done to get power back to your ronin 1.  These are 1) recell the battery, 2) turn the old battery into a dummy battery that can be powered from a dtap battery, or 3) reconfigure the battery to accept 3rd party batteries.  I am planning on doing option 3.  Unfortunately the higher capacity batteries use volatile memory and need to be reprogrammed if they loose power.  This limits their usability for these optional configurations.  Let me know if anyone would like more details on these options.  I plan on posting a YouTube on these options early 2023.  david@davidfinellmedia.com
2022-12-22
Use props
Pete Urban
New

Australia

Ive rehoused my ronin 1 with new LiPo battery's, works great.
2023-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules