16139 53 2020-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zQf7uHcHSCkA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108996 ft
Australia

Hi guys,

Is there anyone of you experiencince gimbal jumps on the Mavic Mini? Please see attached video.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wmJ5CrN3QXMYjSip6

I run the last software update.

This is my second Mini, first one was probably made by Boeing... lost altitude and crashed by itself (free replacement by Mavic)

Thanks for your help.

If there is no fix, I'll ask for my money back and go back with AUTEL...
2020-2-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to the gimbal issue. I would recommend to kindly please calibrate the gimbal and try to fly the drone in a different location with less wind to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-2-6
Use props
djiuser_UuzcWQAFlwHc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 965932 ft
Hungary

I have the same issue at Sport mode only. I bought the mini one weak ago  I'll try the recalibration.

Zsolt
2020-2-17
Use props
vargazs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 965932 ft
Hungary

djiuser_UuzcWQAFlwHc Posted at 2-17 02:23
I have the same issue at Sport mode only. I bought the mini one weak ago  I'll try the recalibration.

Zsolt

I tried the gimbal recalibration. It has the same problem unfortunatelly. If I set the camera to 90 degree, move forward in Sport mode, after stop with drone the gimbal goes to about 70-75 degree. When I set originally to 70 degree, no problem with fast movements. It keeps the original degree value.
2020-2-17
Use props
Fly Away
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95459 ft
Bulgaria

vargazs Posted at 2-17 12:54
I tried the gimbal recalibration. It has the same problem unfortunatelly. If I set the camera to 90 degree, move forward in Sport mode, after stop with drone the gimbal goes to about 70-75 degree. When I set originally to 70 degree, no problem with fast movements. It keeps the original degree value.

Having the same issue here too, mainly when the gimbal is pointed directly down it repeatedly jerks up. Also when pointed level & flying fast in sport mode. I'll try & reclibrate & test on a calm day to see if it's ok.  
2020-2-25
Use props
Rocket Glass
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same issue regardless of it's in Sport or Position mode. It makes me recalibrate almost every time I use the drone and has done the same thing both before and after the update.
2020-5-3
Use props
Lukas.Drone
New
Slovakia

I have the same issue, the gimbal moves slightly up (few degrees) by itself even when there is little to no wind and the drone is steady looking for a fix
2020-5-5
Use props
CraneZ
lvl.1
Canada

I have the same issue with my Mavic Mini. The gimbal jumps, approximately, ten degrees up when aircraft start or stop moving in light wind condition with camera pointed 90 degrees down.
I contact DJI support, send them the video, explained the issue, but, it looks like they did not read my messages and did not watch my 2 minutes video: just wrote down general recommendation about avoidance to fly with gimbal pointed UP TO ITS LIMIT...
2020-5-8
Use props
mLev
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120961 ft
Hungary

Hi people!
I also have the same issue with my Mini. I purchased it around one month ago and realized the problem at the first or second flight. As many before me wrote: when the gimbal is pointed 90° down and going forward, it jumps to 75-70° when stopping abruptly. As if the gimbbal moved due to momentum of stopping, which is strange.
Can the DJI Support be addressed with this issue to do a repair on their cost or to ask for the replacement of the drone?
Thanks!
Levente
2020-6-2
Use props
TeWe
New

Germany

mLev Posted at 6-2 05:26
Hi people!
I also have the same issue with my Mini. I purchased it around one month ago and realized the problem at the first or second flight. As many before me wrote: when the gimbal is pointed 90° down and going forward, it jumps to 75-70° when stopping abruptly. As if the gimbbal moved due to momentum of stopping, which is strange.
Can the DJI Support be addressed with this issue to do a repair on their cost or to ask for the replacement of the drone?

Hello,
I have two mavic Mini, same production date, same firmware, same settings, gimbal calibrated, no crashes.
One has the gimbal jump issue, the other one doesn't.
Really strange! Would be nice, if DJI support could address this issue.
Best regards.
2020-6-2
Use props
bgoebel
New

United States

I am having the same problem.  When the gimbal is pointed straight down it will occasionally jump up about 10 degrees.  Is there a fix for this?
2020-6-3
Use props
andrewbennett
New

Canada

Same problem here... 2nd Mavic Mini, returned the first one since the gimabl was so messed... calibrated every time, grinding noises... at least the second one doesn't have the rolling footage and endless jumps... but the gimbal leaps up from 90° down when going backwards in S or P modes... makes stitching aerial photographs pretty frustrating. Would be great if DJI Support would acknowledge this issue and fix it!
2020-6-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, due to the compact design of Mavic Mini, the limit range of the gimbal arm is relatively small. When the gimbal pitch angle is over -70 degrees, if the drone nose is tilted up in a sharp angle, the gimbal will automatically trigger the protection mechanism, and the gimbal will lift up to about 70 degrees to protect the gimbal.
You may avoid breaking suddenly when flying forward or accelerating suddenly when flying backward, besides, it is recommended to control the gimbal within -70 degrees. Thanks for your understanding.
2020-6-4
Use props
mLev
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120961 ft
Hungary

Hi Mindy,
Thanks for your answer in many of the affected Mini owners name. Still I cannot interpret what you wrote knowing that not all Minis have this "feature". Just as TeWe commented on 6-2 11:09, he/she has two Minis and only one of them has this issue. Why? I'd like to have this issue fixed, since it messed up a bit portion of my drone images/videos.
2020-6-9
Use props
djiuser_xVlc8QAvzJh0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same for me. Sport mode, forwards or backwards it jumps. Re calibrated which has just made it worse. The mavic stops with a sudden back or forward motion which takes the gimble beyond its limits. So, can the flight stopping be slightly smother at the initial change of direction or can the gimble just stop at its limit for 0.4 of a second before reacting to the mavic quick movement. I'm disappointed as the mini is fabulous in all other respects. Looking forward to a firmware up date please.
2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_6LmcLhAB6rvy
New
Australia

I am having the same issue , wondering if there will be a Software fix (Protection override) - especially when your altitude is > 10m it seems the need to protect camera then is something that could be at user discretion. Request for a “Gimbal altitude protection - default 25m min: 3m.
2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_g0r9XgVpOJMN
New

United States

My gimbal jumps too when I’m S mode.
2020-7-14
Use props
djiuser_5RKbeUk7I04g
lvl.1

Malta

I have been using my mini for 2 months and didnt have any problems, most of videos i was taking 90 degrees... From yesterday gimbal started doing like this even in C mode. Today i will contact DJI and see what they will tell me. Btw two of my friends have mini as well and they dont have this issue
2020-7-15
Use props
djiuser_9hY5LG3LKoai
lvl.1

United States

I am having EXACTLY the same issue of the gimbal jumping up while in s mode. What is dji's return policy on these things? I really would rather not wait weeks for a repair/replacement...
2020-8-10
Use props
djiuser_9hY5LG3LKoai
lvl.1

United States

I am having EXACTLY the same issue of the gimbal jumping up while in s mode. What is dji's return policy on these things? I really would rather not wait weeks for a repair/replacement...
2020-8-10
Use props
Luxtor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1137789 ft
Chile

I'm having the same issue. No matter if your are flying in P or S Mode
2020-8-29
Use props
ken lee 22
New

Australia

Having the same issue, any action on a fix yet?
2020-9-11
Use props
djiuser_Xfo5ZFhy3G6S
lvl.1
United States

Also have this.
2020-10-30
Use props
fanscefc556b
New

Australia

I have the same issue with newly purchased Mini 2. Still no solutions DJI?
2020-11-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fanscefc556b Posted at 11-18 03:12
I have the same issue with newly purchased Mini 2. Still no solutions DJI?

Hi there, please refer to DJI Mindy's reply on 13#. The issue may exist when the drone is flying as mentioned below:
1. The aircraft flies forward and suddenly brakes.
2. The aircraft suddenly flies backward.
3. The aircraft's upward tilt angle is large when encountering strong winds.
4. The issue is more obvious in the above situations when flying in S mode.

We may suggest that you try the following suggestions:
1. Please avoid to brake suddenly when the aircraft flies forward.
2. Avoid accelerating suddenly when the aircraft flies backward.
3. Control the gimbal tilt angle within -70°.
4. If the aircraft is recording a video, the flight controller will detect the gimbal angle and will automatically limit the speed of backward flight based on the current settings so that the gimbal can maintain stability during recording.

Hope this provides you with some info.
2020-11-18
Use props
djiuser_MOverAEHc1IU
lvl.1
United States

Just wanted to say me too. I have a mavic mini no issue and a mini2 that this happens,  saw it on the first flight. Moving slowly doesn't seem to happen as much but saw it while pointing down and landing in no wind.
2020-12-8
Use props
robwasil
lvl.1

United States

Just adding that mine too does it, doesn't matter if I'm moving slow or fast and even on a still day the gimbal jumps upwards from pointing down.  I was within my return window at Best Busy and they refunded me.  Not sure if I should get another or go with the Air 2 or Pro.  It  was a fun drone but the jumping issue almost caused me to hit a tree when I thought I was pointed straight downward but I wasn't and the tree was very close.
2021-1-7
Use props
Trevor OV MM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4562008 ft
Canada

Mine used to do this too. I have since uninstalled the fly app, deleted the dji folder and installed a new apk from the website. Hasnt happened since.
2021-1-20
Use props
luipic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1315404 ft
Italy

Trevor OV MM Posted at 1-20 10:13
Mine used to do this too. I have since uninstalled the fly app, deleted the dji folder and installed a new apk from the website. Hasnt happened since.

Same behaviour on my mini 2 if i go with gimbal pointed down to 90° and if i stop, no matter what is the flying mode, if i stop or if i go backward the gimbal go to 81°. It's really annoying i does not understand if this is an issue or not?
2021-3-3
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

This happens a lot in sport mode going really fast. Plus sometimes you might need to recalibrate it
2021-3-3
Use props
djiuser_tEKGRLDe102I
New

United States

luipic Posted at 3-3 03:51
Same behaviour on my mini 2 if i go with gimbal pointed down to 90° and if i stop, no matter what is the flying mode, if i stop or if i go backward the gimbal go to 81°. It's really annoying i does not understand if this is an issue or not?
I have the same issue on my Mini 2 even in Cine and Normal
2021-4-13
Use props
djiuser_WyEXFeSrsldM
lvl.1
Netherlands

Same here.
Just got the mini 2 sinds 3 days.
Its allready from the first flight.
Its not a deal breaker but just annoying.
Can someone tell me what the reason is / could be.
For the rest everything works perfect. Happy with it
2021-6-4
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem.  DJI please fix.  Thank you.
2021-6-4
Use props
djiuser_SY14Ikv5Smjw
lvl.1
South Africa

Started today after the update..
Gimbal completely facing down and it "jumps" and moves a few metres forward.. This with the mini 2.. It was working perfectly before the update..
2021-6-23
Use props
bjn2
New

United States

I have this gimbal jump issue from pointing down in all modes on the Mini 2, as does my brother with his Mini 2 using the Smart Controller. It's annoying and limits filming flexibility. It's not related to winds or stopping quickly.
2021-7-3
Use props
djiuser_xq9pTz3gVfgi
lvl.1
United States

Yep, my mini 2 does this as well. Pretty annoying!
2021-7-10
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

The Mavic Mini is a first gen drone, so these issues are normal.
2021-7-11
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

In any case, try recalibrating
2021-7-11
Use props
attx
New

United States

Just started noticing the same issue when flying my new mini 2 for only the 2nd time. I use the gimble pointed down when trying to line up a specific shot making slight movement adjustments. I don't believe this issue is related to sudden starts and stops as the admins are saying.  Sometimes the gimble would jump back to -70 almost immediately other times it would stay at -90 no issues. Seems like something that could be fixed with a firmware update. Please help!
2021-7-12
Use props
djiuser_f4Nis7W1dJCk
New
United States

I just noticed the same issue with my mini 2 on the first flight when I was trying to film some shots. I would have the gimbal set to -90. Have a shot lined up. Before I even started moving the gimbal would jump to -88. Just a couple degrees off each time. I ended up getting it to stay one time but it was So annoying for filming and sucks to see how many people have the same issue. Should have done more research first! Please do something DJI.
2021-7-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules