ActiveTrack and iPhone Rear Camera
2456 5 2020-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jvp
New

United States

I was playing around with the Gesture Record/Follow and ActiveTrack with my iPhone X's main camera.  Specifically I had it set to record 4K/60.  The Osmo starts to follow me OK, but it gets hung up every so often if I start moving, and once in a while it'll just give up and stop moving altogether.  The camera aspect is still recording, but the Osmo decides for some reason it doesn't want to track any longer.

If I flip the camera and use the LCD-facing one, I don't seem to have that sort of problem.  Is this a known thing with the Osmo, or am I doing something wrong?  Am I asking too much of the phone to track with all that data (4K/60) at once, perhaps?  I haven't tried a lower resolution with the main camera to see if that works.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
2020-2-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. When encountering this issue are you seeing any error code? Kindly please calibrate the gimbal to isolate the issue. If the issue persists, please provide a sample video of the issue. Thank you.
2020-2-6
Use props
jvp
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-6 08:05
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. When encountering this issue are you seeing any error code? Kindly please calibrate the gimbal to isolate the issue. If the issue persists, please provide a sample video of the issue. Thank you.

I'm not seeing any error codes pop up on the screen.

So should the Osmo and Mimo software be able to track via the main camera in 4K/60?
2020-2-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jvp@lateapex.net Posted at 2-6 08:11
I'm not seeing any error codes pop up on the screen.

So should the Osmo and Mimo software be able to track via the main camera in 4K/60?

Hi. Thank you for the additional information. The Active Track will follow the target using the main camera of the mobile device for the resolution it will be dependent on the mobile device connected to the DJI Osmo Mobile 3, please refer to the link I will be posting for more details. With regards to the gimbal concern, Kindly please provide a short video of the said issue.  Please keep use posted. Thank you.

2020-2-7
Use props
jvp
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-7 12:37
Hi. Thank you for the additional information. The Active Track will follow the target using the main camera of the mobile device for the resolution it will be dependent on the mobile device connected to the DJI Osmo Mobile 3, please refer to the link I will be posting for more details. With regards to the gimbal concern, Kindly please provide a short video of the said issue.  Please keep use posted. Thank you.

I think the problem is the movement speed.  I may have moved too quick for the phone and the gimbal to properly track me, and it loses me.  But if in its "confused" state, I look at the camera again, it begins tracking.  I seem to be able to trip it up with quick changes in direction, and I guess that's to be expected.
2020-2-7
Use props
lucassoler
lvl.1

United States

I just came across this, in a similar way.  When performing Active Track with the front camera, it continues to track me, but the DJI and phone oscillates slightly (enough to effect video) when I take a few steps in one direction and stop.   Noticed that this doesn't happen when I use the rear camera.  I calibrated prior to this test.
2020-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules