Memory Card issues and recomendations
1018 5 2015-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

Please drop me a link if this has been discussed, as I couldnt' find anything.
Have had regular problems with stopping the recording of video in 4K-30.If I use the included Lexar card, 633X, seems that I have no problems.
If I use some Sandisk Ultra, or Kingston Class 10 U1 cards, some success but also situations where I can't stop the recording.  Have to land, restart, hope to get the video and go up again.
Anyone having similar experiences?  Any other cards assured to work like the Lexar?

2015-6-12
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Yes this has been discussed before.

You may have to go back a bit on the forum, but there have been lengthy discussions about memory cards.

I have used Lexar 64GB and recently started using a Lexar 32GB.  The 32GB has given me some card full messages when there was huge amounts of space available.  I have found that if you re-format the card this sorts it out.

Not sure about the inability to stop recording though as that should not have any relationship with the card being used.  Thats sounds like a controller or app issue.  Have you raised or discussed this with the DJI chat line for a potential solution.

I assume all your aircraft and controller are up to date with current firmware etc.

2015-6-13
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

Hmmm, I've not investigated it that much, but have had differing outcomes depending on the card I use.  Mostly issues around reading the card vs not reading it (and therefore requiring more steps to get it recognised)

Hope you get your answers...
2015-6-13
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-13 20:47
Yes this has been discussed before.

You may have to go back a bit on the forum, but there have been ...

Yes, own an IT company and have degrees in that side of the tech so attention to detail comes with the territory.  Everything updated, all batteries run through.  Never a flight problem but strange problems like this that come up.
2015-6-13
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Shadrack Posted at 2015-6-13 22:21
Yes, own an IT company and have degrees in that side of the tech so attention to detail comes with ...

I think there may just be some bugs that surface now and again as it seems no one can put there finger on precise reasons and a full solution.   I also think it will be difficult for DJI to replicate some of the card issues reported, so obviously a fix becomes harder to resolve for them.

As I said, I have been running a Lexar high speed 64GB card and recently a Lexar 32GB card and the 32GB  sometimes indicates its full when there is probably about 20GB available.  Re-formatting the card has worked for me though up to now.  In reality, you should get at least 4 or 5 flights of 4K video on a 32GB card ( around 8/9 minutes each), but if you take additional still shots the combination seems to take up more space.

I know its frustrating but just try and make sure you have a spare card with you that you can change or reformat if necessary.  On the reformatting, make sure you do it in the Inspire Camera just to ensure its compatible.
Then it may just be a case of waiting for teh next firmware update.

2015-6-13
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-13 09:50
I think there may just be some bugs that surface now and again as it seems no one can put there fin ...

Think that I may have to "fat32" format the larger cards which require a separate program to do.  Found the included card was formatted that way.  Have formatted in fat32 and see if I have any more issues.
2015-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules